Colt M4 Commando

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
Lincoln Arms
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Colt M4 Commando

Post by Lincoln Arms » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 pm

I know a lot of you guys don't get the chance to handle a lot of the stuff that we do, but we like to keep the members as close to the action as we can. I had a chance to shoot with some local law enforcement guys today and had the opportunity to share the newest weapon in our Demo Fleet. It is the Colt M4 Commando. Many of you guys got to see and shoot our Thor Defense TR-15 at the shoot and many thought it was awesome. Me... Not so much. The Thor is pretty much a piece of garbage as far as reliability. They sent me a demo upper to get through the shoot and we were still having light primer strikes. We ran some Acme Ammunition through it and it functioned pretty well. However, from a Law Enforcement standpoint, you can't stop in the middle of a fire fight and ensure that the mag you're given is Hornady 55gr and not PMAG and not this and not that so that your gun is reliable. We received our New Thor Upper this past Friday and still have issues with light strikes. I think we have married a lemon. So enough with the Doom and Gloom. We received in our two Colt Autos this week as well. The one that I would like to speak about is the M4. This little guy was bone stock when we opened it up, so we added a little flare to make it mean. We added a Carbine Length Quad Rail, forward grip, and the Trijicon Reflex Optic. These Optics are second to none. You mount one of these up and you'll throw your Eotech in the trash. These optics carry a 15 YEAR warranty and unlike an Eotech, you don't have to be the original purchaser with the original receipt within one year. These guys make a lot of sights for Military and Law Enforcement, so they know the importance of Quality. I actually had a reflex on a MP5 and it broke. Boxed it up and had it back in about two weeks. Good as New. So back to the M4. This rifle has an 11.5" barrel, which makes it quite a dragon. From 20 yards, our body targets didn't have a chance. This weapon is very stable and is easy to control. Even after long auto bursts. In one particular round, we emptied a 30 round mag into a body target at 20 yards. All rounds penetrated the 8 ring or better in full auto. That is very impressive with such a short barrel and full auto fire. I posted a video below for everyone to see just how stable the Colt M4 Commando is. Let me know what you think.

Mike Boone

[youtube]_TWzzWS_NL4[/youtube]

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Colt M4 Commando

Post by GeminiXD9 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 am

That's sweet!
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:21 am

I rebuilt the first Thor upper as it had a loose barrel from Thor
Retightened and Mike still had problems. And rechecked /retightened the gas block
Either the lower had a bad buffer or the gas tube is out of spec.

Lincoln Arms
Been liked: 0

Post by Lincoln Arms » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 am

The weird thing that keeps me from cutting it up and sending it to the Feds is the the fact that I can take a Colt Lower and put the new Thor Upper on it and it runs. I take the Thor lower and a Colt upper and it runs. But when you take the Thor Upper and Thor Lower, you have a semi automatic Rifle. I'm going to put the gloves on and try round 2 with Thor Tomorrow. I'm going to send them this Colt video to show them how I expect a rifle to shoot.

Return to “Range Reports”