10.5" Ruger SBH

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

10.5" Ruger SBH

Post by Geno » Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

I recently traded for a revolver I didn't really want. I really like revolvers S&W, Rugers, and Colts. However this one always seemed to be "too much of a good thing". I had never handled a SBH of this configuration. I was pleasantly surprised how well it ballanced and pointed, even one handed. I made the trade thinking that if I didn't like it I could have some "trading stock" for shows. I am to have shoulder surgery in a couple weeks and decided to shoot my "Loudenboomers" and "Thumpers" until time for surgery. I shot this 10.5" SBH yesterday and what a result! Holding the revolver in one hand, the weight is countered by the heel of my hand and easily controlled. Full house loads only raise the muzzle about 30 degrees and the "plowhandle" grip just rolls up, with very little force back into my palm. This may be my convalescing boomer for the next couple months or so. Sometimes you just need to take the path (or revolver) less traveled. Geno
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 10.5" Ruger SBH

Post by Wyldman » Fri May 25, 2012 2:11 pm

I love mine. Easily one of the most accurate handguns I own, and it hits like a ton of bricks, even with .44 Spl loads, but the recoil is very manageable even with hot magnums. Try a set of Pachmayr grips and it really becomes pleasant to shoot, even for extended periods.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 10.5" Ruger SBH

Post by kyswede » Fri May 25, 2012 6:17 pm

I bought the exact gun in 1987/88 for $239 new and sold it a few months later. One of the ones I wish I had kept.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Return to “Range Reports”