PSA AR-47 and multiple other products reviewed

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

PSA AR-47 and multiple other products reviewed

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:33 am

This review is similar to what I posted on PSA website, minus me personally thanking them, plus some additional details and side notes.

I purchased a PSA upper in 7.62x39 because the price was so great, considering you get to cross over with the AR platform to AK ammo ($279.99). I pinned it to a PSA complete lower with the improved trigger $169.99. With my FFL fee for the lower, I was only $501.98 into what I feel is a SOLID AR-47.

111 Gun Shop supplied Trinity Force flip up sight set for cheap because I don't plan on using open sight much if any. I just wanted to have them in case. I paid $34.99 or $37.99 (can't remember). I'm happy with their form and function thus far. The rear flips up nice and solid. (I'm using the factory A2 front for now) The adjustments are nice solid clicks and repeatable when checking that they affect shot placement. I'd trust these on a range if you guys didn't want to go full MBUS. It remains to be seen if they're built for more though (run-and-gun sports/courses etc...). I like them though.

I fed the AR-47 with two C-products 10 round mags ($20.95 each) and one ASC 5 round mag for the same price. I had read countless nightmares of the AR platform not playing friendly with 7.62 mags. In fact, I was prepared for many modifications if needed. I was near certain they would be needed, however I was sure I wanted my AR to run this caliber specifically, to avoid adding more ammo types to my collection. Well all my worries washed away and were left on the shooting bench out there in Taylorsville Kentucky. I had a single failure to fire with some Tulammo but the primer had a nice deep indent. No fault of the gun or mags at all. Everything ran flawlessly for 600 rounds beyond that single bullet. Never a feeding issue from gun nor mag. I don't know what else to say, it just worked.

I added a Monstrum picatinny drop in quad rail for $59.99 (price has dropped since then) with the A2 front sight post opening. It looks and feels great but it adds some considerable weight to the front end. Not enough that I care but enough that some of you scrawny fellas would LOL. Probably beneficial to any muzzle flip but more on that later. It stayed locked in place all day. I trust it for a budget rail.

Hanging beneath the rail it is a Magpul AFG2. I mean...does anyone really ever have problems with these, other than maybe grip type preference? I don't think so. Anyway, it's my favorite grip for any gun. I have one on my AK too. It works and I'm happy. Nuff said.

I added a Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle. Honestly I couldn't care less that it's ambidextrous. I'm just happy with how much metal is there to grab onto. It's bigger than OE but it's not too big. It's just right for me. It looks really nice too. I don't know that $79 for a charging handle is really warranted (nor the upper limit to what they CAN cost) but aesthetically it's pretty nice, on top of functioning and feeling great. I probably won't pay out for one on my next gun but it's still dead sexy.

A Strike Industries S3 sling (two point or one point optional) on ebay for $27.99. The jury is still out on this one. I was at a range with a table all day. Didn't really present a lot of chances to try it out. It looks good, snaps are tight and quiet when clipped together. Felt good from the house to the car and car to the range table in 2 point mode. If you're still reading this, any suggestions on which single point sling mount to get?

A Precision Armament M4-72 muzzle brake. Let...Me...Tell you. Wow. Everything you read about these things online is true. It's fookin' LOUD! It kicks up dirt and dust and blows everything to the sides of it all over the place. It reduces the recoil by a LOT...Did I mention it was loud? You know that one time on the range, where you forgot to tip down one of your ear muffs and cover your ear? That's a thing of the past. I'm cured of ever making that mistake again. Aside from my fuck up, the thing rocks!
1. Honestly the recoil feels nearer to a .17 HMR if I'm exaggerating a little lol or heavy barrel .223 rifle more accurately.
2. Follow up shots are a cake walk. There is practically zero muzzle flip and I was on target immediately following each shot.
3. It's loud and it will fuck your shit up. It'll blow your sunglasses off the table. Empty ammo boxes laying around? They'll be laying on the floor near the bottle of ibuprofen you'll be needing. Want your American flag to wave strong in the wind? Place it anywhere within 8 feet of either side of this brake and feel the freedom wash over. :llama:

Laser engraved dust cover reading "7.62x39" because I like when things serve a purpose and are not tacky. I got it from Custom Dust Covers website for like $14. It opened one time today when I arrived at the range and it closed one time just before leaving. When it opened back at home for cleaning time, it was still steady attached and still said the same shit that was engraved on it. :llama:

Pictures and hopefully video coming soon.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Re: PSA AR-47 and multiple other products reviewed

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 am

I think the issues with the magazines comes with using 30 round mags. It is hard to screw up a 5 or 10 round one. The bend required for the 30 is what I thought was a problem.

So you have about 800 in the gun (minus the sling and mags) ?

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:04 am

Dave1965 wrote:I think the issues with the magazines comes with using 30 round mags. It is hard to screw up a 5 or 10 round one. The bend required for the 30 is what I thought was a problem.

So you have about 800 in the gun (minus the sling and mags) ?
Yes. Right about $800.

As for the bend in the mags... Looks like I will never have that problem, seeing as how no one sells 20 or 30 rounders online anywhere. (The c products or ASC)
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

No one sells...or that they are out of stock? two different things --be careful of broad generalizations

they are sold by...and in stock at....

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-6815.html

there are other options other than those two...and any of them are likely made by them but rebranded-

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1926484

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product ... rce=A10003

RedRocker
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by RedRocker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:45 pm

So glad to read this. I too recently acquired a AR15 platform 7.62 pistol. My initial range visit with a 30 round mag was disappointing to say the least. I did however confirm what I had saw on a youtube review stating that if you load just 8 rounds in a 30 round mag, it will feed just fine, and that it did. I have since purchased two CPD 10 round mags, but haven't hit the range yet. Right now Im feeling pretty optimistic.
Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Dave1965 wrote:No one sells...or that they are out of stock? two different things --be careful of broad generalizations

they are sold by...and in stock at....

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-6815.html

there are other options other than those two...and any of them are likely made by them but rebranded-

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1926484

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product ... rce=A10003
As long as they've all been out of stock and people have been commenting on sites and asking when they'd be back...It's almost safe to say they don't sell them anymore. In fact I contacted C products a month ago direct about 20 or 30 rounders and they did not reply. So I'm happy to stick my broad generalization in anyone's eye, until the manufacturer themselves can prove me wrong.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 pm

RedRocker wrote:So glad to read this. I too recently acquired a AR15 platform 7.62 pistol. My initial range visit with a 30 round mag was disappointing to say the least. I did however confirm what I had saw on a youtube review stating that if you load just 8 rounds in a 30 round mag, it will feed just fine, and that it did. I have since purchased two CPD 10 round mags, but haven't hit the range yet. Right now Im feeling pretty optimistic.
I'm confident in them. The ASC 5 round mag continued to remind me how nice the c products 10 rounders were when I wasn't having to reload as often. Lol. I think they'll serve you well.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:43 pm

well they are available if you want to buy one. I personally wouldn't want an AR platform rifle that could not be fired with a 20 or 30 round magazine but you have a different end in mind then why not go with something far more accurate and still adaptable would be my question?

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Dave1965 wrote:well they are available if you want to buy one. I personally wouldn't want an AR platform rifle that could not be fired with a 20 or 30 round magazine but you have a different end in mind then why not go with something far more accurate and still adaptable would be my question?
I think you answered why not already, when addressing Jackalo in the "How much have you spent for a meal" thread.
Dave1965 wrote: We have gone over this before and you have chided people about it and how much they spent. I will relate ours and cry fowl if you want but I don't give a flip, It's my money I will do what I want with it.

;)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 pm

ProCroation wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:well they are available if you want to buy one. I personally wouldn't want an AR platform rifle that could not be fired with a 20 or 30 round magazine but you have a different end in mind then why not go with something far more accurate and still adaptable would be my question?
I think you answered why not already, when addressing Jackalo in the "How much have you spent for a meal" thread.
Dave1965 wrote: We have gone over this before and you have chided people about it and how much they spent. I will relate ours and cry fowl if you want but I don't give a flip, It's my money I will do what I want with it.

;)

yeah, for the same price though...

been a long time since I put an ad up here...especially cause I needed money though.

Just a question as to thought process. I had one for the scenario you mentioned. You obviously had considerations aside from the "cool" factor I am sure but ifyou don't wish to discuss it...then fall back to the" you can spend your money how you want of course. and whatever choice of music too" ;)

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:00 pm

WLJ wrote:Image
.Image

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Pictures soon

RedRocker
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by RedRocker » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:00 pm

ProCroation wrote:
RedRocker wrote:So glad to read this. I too recently acquired a AR15 platform 7.62 pistol. My initial range visit with a 30 round mag was disappointing to say the least. I did however confirm what I had saw on a youtube review stating that if you load just 8 rounds in a 30 round mag, it will feed just fine, and that it did. I have since purchased two CPD 10 round mags, but haven't hit the range yet. Right now Im feeling pretty optimistic.
I'm confident in them. The ASC 5 round mag continued to remind me how nice the c products 10 rounders were when I wasn't having to reload as often. Lol. I think they'll serve you well.
Im happy to report that the CPD mags did not disappoint. Nothing is more satisfying than having confidence in a firearm. It ran like a sewing machine.
Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 pm

ProCroation wrote:Pictures soon

or later

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 pm

RedRocker wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
Im happy to report that the CPD mags did not disappoint. Nothing is more satisfying than having confidence in a firearm. It ran like a sewing machine.
Nice. I'm glad to hear you had the same satisfaction.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Haven't had a day off since I last posted. I'm on a 12 hour 7 day a week work cycle right now. I still need to edit video clips into one and upload when I can. However, I've got to get ready for work again now. Here's a picture to hold everyone over for a minute.Image

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Statcher1
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Statcher1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:43 am

Good review. And good looking gun. PSA has been putting out some decent stuff lately. I just finished a 308 of theirs. And it’s a solid running gun. And I see no problem running 10rd mags until you can nail down some solid 20rd ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Range Reports”