F.A.S.T. Holsters

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

F.A.S.T. Holsters

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 am

Firearms Access System Technologies

http://www.fastholster.com

Magnets. Rare Earth magnets (why they are so expensive I guess) so they are supposed to never loose magnetism.

I had a few gift card form Sportsman's Guide that I needed to use up and had been wanting to try a few of these, so I got 2 long gun and two handgun holsters. I have to say that I like them a lot. The handgun holster's are in the safe, where I needed some extra room for handguns. Used the screws to mount them to the shelving and the are holding up well. It takes some effort to remove the handgun from the magnet 'holster' so they are very secure, no risk of them falling off and damaging something.

I was going to mount the shotgun over a door frame like in the pic, but they recommend two magnets for a loaded gun. They are correct, mounted parallel like that a loaded shotgun is too heavy for one magnet to take care of safely. I wanted to use the two mounts I had in different places, so I modified it a bit. I mounted the magnets perpendicular to the floor and set the shotgun so the light mount is sitting on the edge of the magnet. The magnet is strong enough to hold the loaded gun in place as long as the weight is supported in this method. I can't easily knock the shotgun free, so no fear of bumping it and knocking if off the mount unless I am really being aggressive. Obviously you can't mount the shotgun above the door frame like this, but just behind the door works great.

They have a 'car holster' now too that I have not tried. I probably won't since I prefer to have it on me while traveling, but some of you guys that like to disarm and put the weapon in a glove box might find this a better option. It has velcro for better safety, though based on what I know about the magnets, you won't need that unless you are in an accident, which I imagine is why they did it.

If you have been waiting on someone else to buy one to see if it works, your wait is over. I will probably pick up a few more for various locations.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: F.A.S.T. Holsters

Post by Rem700 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:27 pm

I love the concept, but with 2 small kids around i dont have much use for them yet.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri May 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Rem700 wrote:I love the concept, but with 2 small kids around i dont have much use for them yet.
Ya gotta think out of the box with these. Get your kids metal belt buckles and you can hang them out of the way on the wall where they can't cause trouble.

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Post by Shineybore » Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 am

Friend of mine screwed a regular Uncle Mikes holster under the dash close to the steering wheel in his car.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:47 pm

these same guys used to have a cupholder holster that basically was a 44oz gas station cup with an insert to fit a j frame. but they for some reason quit making them.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Return to “Range Reports”