CST 10/22 Titan Build- Lightweight

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
DW-Fan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

CST 10/22 Titan Build- Lightweight

Post by DW-Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:32 pm

I decided to order a Custom Shooting Technologies Titan receiver in black and transform my Volquartsen 17MACH2 build into a lightweight .22. I am keeping the Volquartsen trigger and McMillian stock. The VQ is a great trigger. Sticking with the Simmons 3-9 scope for the time being, a good scope, but not as bright as the Leupold. After some research I ordered a Tactical Solutions X-Ring barrel in Matte OD with threads.

Build List:

CST (Custom Shooting Technologies) Titan 22 Receiver (Black)- I went with this receiver because it is machined from aluminum billet and offers their R.R.A.C. rail system so I can change out my 3-9 scope for a red dot.

CST Bolt Stop - Keeps the bolt open after the last shot. A must have because I will be teaching gun safety and shooting to new shooters. An open bolt I can see is a safer bolt.

Power Match Bolt - Machined from stainless steel. Rock solid.

Volquartsen Trigger - A great trigger. Might go with a Grand Master after some more testing. I really like the slide safety.

Simmons 3-9 Target Scope. Good glass for 50 yards or less.

Tactical Solutions X-Ring barrel. Lightweight with nice fit and finish. Only 15 oz.

McMillan thumbhole stock - Fits my hand like a glove. Great against scratches and various weather conditions.

With the scope mounted the build weighed in a 5.5 lbs!

I did the test and tune with the WoodStock build. I am rusty and the groups should tighten up when I do my part. I used the same ELEY and SK ammo. Everything ran smooth. Scope opens up well, stock is amazing, trigger is crisp and the bolt stayed open after the last shot. Might try a red dot in the future. I will update this when I get the time to go to the range again.

Here are some photos:

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: CST 10/22 Titan Build- Lightweight

Post by Niceguy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 pm

I like the color of the barrel against the black...

DW-Fan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: CST 10/22 Titan Build- Lightweight

Post by DW-Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Niceguy wrote:I like the color of the barrel against the black...
Thanks, I am very pleased with the color combo.

Return to “Range Reports”