CST Titan 10/22 Build - WoodStock

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
DW-Fan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

CST Titan 10/22 Build - WoodStock

Post by DW-Fan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello all,

This has been a very exciting build to say the least. I have not shot consistently in years. I have spent my time behind a bow and I have really enjoyed it. I built a few AR’s, but it seemed to be a waste since I was only putting holes in paper and shooting at 100 yards or less. As a attempt to get back into shooting I built a couple of 10/22’s. My goal for this build is to have fun, a target rifle, a teaching tool for new shooters and to spend time with family. A big part of fun for me is having an accurate rifle that runs smooth. After writing down what I wanted to accomplish I started my research. My first order was a CST Titan 22 Kit, that includes the receiver, one standard rail, tool, Power match bolt, Power extended charging handle, Grand Master trigger assembly and CST’s auto-bolt stop. Next was the Leopold scope, Primary Weapons barrel and a Revolution Stock.

Build List:

CST (Custom Shooting Technologies) Titan 22 Receiver - I went with this receiver because it is machined from aluminum billet and offers their R.R.A.C. rail system so I can change out my 2-7 scope for a red dot or high magnification scope when needed. They offer the standard rail as well as one in 20 MOA. Plus being a drop-in design means less issues.

CST Bolt Stop - Keeps the bolt open after the last shot. A must have because I will be teaching gun safety and shooting to new shooters. An open bolt I can see is a safer bolt.

CST Power Match Bolt - Machined from stainless steel. Rock solid.

Grand Master Trigger Assembly - Great product with a fully adjustable trigger from 1.75 - 3.00 lbs plus over-travel. Sliding safety is really enjoyable. The mag assist spring is amazing, you never have to pull the mags out.

Leupold - Glass is bright and sharp. Perfect for 50 yards or less.

Primary Weapons Summit tension barrel - Top notch barrels with a fit and finish of perfection.

Revolution Trailblazer Stock. The perfect weight for this build with a rollover cheek and a great semi-flat wood finish. A great classic look without the bright shine.

This is a test and tune session, I wouldn't really call it a range report because what shooting skills I had are very rusty and this is my first time shooting this rifle. Well, enough with the excuses time to get to the rifle. I love it, the weight is perfect for free hand shooting which I wasn’t brave enough to try yet. I used a homemade rest in the front and a rolled up bag under the rear of the stock for shooting. The scope is what you would think a Leupold should be, bright and sharp. It quickly opens up as you set your cheek on the the stock. The stock has a great finish and felt close to a custom stock with its design and contours. The mag fell right into place and locked. The bolt latch was easy to find without looking and smoothly pulled back and popped a round in the barrel. The safety slides like butter on a rail. The trigger breaks clean at 2.5 lbs. The bolt stayed open after the tenth round. The empty mag ejected out. It was great and as good as the picture in my head when putting it together.

So I got the scope close to POI and began to test ELEY standard and SK standard. Two of my favorite ammos in .22. I know this set-up will shoot much better then what I could do at this point, but I will share my groups and pictures anyways. I finally got to shoot and take some pictures, a great day for me!

Here are some pictures I took:

So how did I do? Here is the target at 30 yards in five round groups. I shot the SK first, then the ELEY on the left. Took the rail and scope off with the tool included from CST, replaced it and shot the center ground. The top two flyers on the center target are all me, I was gripping the gun like it was a .338 and thinking about writing this review didn’t help the situation. After I relaxed the last three were on point.

What's next? Shooting, some pictures and shooting some more! I will be ordering one of CST's 20 MOA rail and putting a higher magnification scope on it so I can switch it and the Leupold depending on the application. I know with some more trigger time the groups will really tighten up to the rifles potential. How much did I like the receiver? I was so impressed with the receiver I purchased a second Titan in black, parted out my McMillian / Volquartsen 17Mach2 build and created a light weight .22. I will be doing a write-up on that build as well. I shot them together, but wanted to do separate reviews.
Last edited by DW-Fan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Re: CST Titan 10/22 Build - WoodStock

Post by Marcus » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:21 pm

Looks sweet
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:23 pm

That it does.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:29 pm

VERY nice!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Sweet. Can't wait to see what that thing can do when you get it and yourself dialed in
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 pm

I want one

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Nice! Baller nice! And baller bux, too, I would imagine.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:06 am

Nice rifle and nice write up.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Very, very nice
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

DW-Fan

Post by DW-Fan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks everyone. I am hoping to get some more trigger time soon.

Return to “Range Reports”