DPMS LR-10 .308

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

DPMS LR-10 .308

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Client brought me this rifle, that it would not fire and feed interment. Bought at a gun show in FL , to use as a boat gun.

I said that DPMS was not a top tier maker and he said he got it at a good price.

I fired it Tuesday at FCSC and it had several FTF with stovepipes and leaving the empty on the magazine.

I found that the gas block was touching the handguard ring and after consulting with a AR-10 owner of some experience (Thanks Wyldman). I moved the gas block .015 forward with a shim piece.

Shoot setting a bench with supplied bipod.

After moving to 100 yards was not hitting paper. YES THE SCOPE SCREWS WHERE LOOSE AS THIS IS
MILLET AR BASE/RING AND IT HAS FOUR SCREWS WITH CLAMPS TO ATTACH TO THE RAIL.
TWO SCREWS CAME LOOSE WITH THE FIRING AT 25 YARDS.
Retightened screws and shot at 50. Last four shot group is at bullseye .

Standing Rapid Fire at 100 with two magazine changes. And as fast as I could settle gun.

Overall I was not to impressed with the LR-10 but it did have a light trigger pull but had slack in the two stage trigger.
The fit and finish was excellent, minus the rust on the Millet scope rings.
The Nikon BDC scope was a nice scope and easy to adjust.

Fired 56 rounds of Mag-Tech .308 brass. The rifle would not feed unless you greased the bolt lugs and well lubed the BCG.

This was told to me by Wyldman and will customer will be informed. This rifle was new and had less than 100 fired. I fired more than sighting in, as I was checking the feeding and function testing ,trying to get it to improve.
Last edited by guncrank1 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: DPMS LR-10 .308

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:34 pm

With bipod extended
Attachments
image.jpg

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm

>>>I found that the gas block was touching the delta ring and after consulting with a AR-10 owner of some experience (Thanks Wyldman). I moved the gas block .015 forward with a shim piece.<<<<

You mean handguard ring? Delta Ring is next to the upper receiver and not near the gas block as I remember.

>>>>Retightened screws and shot at 50. Last five shot group is at bullseye .<<<

What screws were loose? (not going to put the joke in there)

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:41 pm

DPMS is a common and relatively affordable .308 AR around these parts. Most available are longer versions and out of my price range(LMT etc). Would be good if you sorted this rifle out, I still want to believe a short .308 AR isn't a bad idea.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:24 am

It's a waste of .308.

If you want a lightweight, short, handy PDW rifle, an M4 style AR is much cheaper, & way cheaper to feed.

.308 is a reach out and hit something really, really hard from a long way away round. You only handicap it in a 16" barrel.

From the Wyldphone
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

icehouse1
Been liked: 0

Post by icehouse1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:54 am

Wyldman wrote:It's a waste of .308.

If you want a lightweight, short, handy PDW rifle, an M4 style AR is much cheaper, & way cheaper to feed.

.308 is a reach out and hit something really, really hard from a long way away round. You only handicap it in a 16" barrel.

From the Wyldphone
Damn Wyld, you and Cranky are killing me! I was just yesterday, looking at getting the DPMS Oracle in .308! I already have the Oracle in .223 and the RRA/Wilson Combat that I got from 1fastmach.

So, what would you recommend as another rifle and what caliber? I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but just need some more info. PM would be nice..

Return to “Range Reports”