Post by Toddstang » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:59 am

The 5.56's still coming?

adayton
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Suppressor Group Buy Official Thread

Post by adayton » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:39 am

Hey guys ...
I had word from HTA yesterday that they are reworking the front cap on all of the Kestrel 5.56's and .308's and that is the holdup ... Evidently, they had some problems with them and had a redesign of them that is taking up a lot of time ... and should be coming up for form 3 in a couple weeks ... which means that it could still be another month or 2 ...
I certainly did not see this coming... and I apologize to all who are waiting (of course, I have one of each coming as well... so we are all in the same boat... I also have a .45 can coming and they are pushing that back until they get the kestrels straightened out... :-( )
Anyway, I just thought I would put out a status ... They will be here ... just in their due time.
Thanx,
Allan

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:46 am

Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for the update Allan!

adayton

Post by adayton » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:48 am

Toddstang wrote:Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for the update Allan!
I hear ya, brother ... And isn't it even the better, the longer you have to wait ... ?
:llama:

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:31 pm

My form 4 application (trust) was mailed on Sept.2, check cashed on Sept. 8.
I expect approval any day now.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kyswede » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Stamp was approved on Dec.13, arrived at Stamler Machine Co. on Jan. 21, and picked up today. Good things come to those who pay $200 and wait.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

adayton

Post by adayton » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:44 pm

All...
Looks like the trusts are winning out over the non-trusts ...
I just got 2 more stamps back this past week for the G22's ...
I have notified by PM for those 2 ...
HTA keeps telling me they are 'shipping like crazy' ... but I still have not seen even form 3's for the 5.56 and .308 suppressors.
Very very disappointing indeed ...
I will keep everyone posted as I know more ...
Thanx,
Allan

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Can I cancel my order with them or will that hurt you with where you are at in the process? I really don't want to support them since its been 6 months with nothing.
:llama:

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:51 am

I don't want to appear to be a complainer but I am starting to wonder if they intend to honor the 556 and other purchases besides the 22.

You started organizing all this nearly a year ago, and the ordered suppressors have been paid for for six months. In that same time frame I have purchased AND received THREE other suppressors, and one of them had to form 3 before the form 4 could be processed. I have another that I bought in early November that I should have in two more months that also had to go through a form 3 first.

You are a standup guy and really stepped up to give us all an opportunity to get suppressors at decent prices, so my comments in no way are a reflection on you or how you have handled everything. I have every confidence that you are doing all you can to take care of things for us.

This IS a commentary on HTA and how it appears they do business. I will stay in as long as you think they are going to make good on money already paid. However, I am not likely to purchase any of their products ever again.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shaggy1392 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:27 am

Hoping to pick up my guardian from adayton this morning.

adayton

Post by adayton » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:36 am

I was wondering aloud how long it would be before I would begin to hear something back from some of you ... and I certainly don't blame you at all for your thoughts about HTA ... I am having some of the same ... I believe they will honor the sale. I do know that they did have some issues with the kestrel line and had to redesign it. However; that was months ago and one would think they would have recovered from that quite quickly... but who knows.
I was a little lax in following up in the first few months and was content with the fact that the process was going to take a little time ... but it's getting to be a little bit ridiculous now and I have been 'hounding' every other week up until now... I am now going to be making contact if I can twice a week ... (the squeaky wheel usually gets the grease) until we can get this resolved ...
Yes, these are some good prices on good quality suppressors, but we should not have to wait a year to get them ...
I appreciate your willingness to stay in the game until we win... and I will be doing everything I can to get to that 'W' without taking up a lot more time ... I really think we are close, so I wouldn't want to just throw in the towel right now.
If for some unforeseen reason they would not honor our sale, I will make sure that each and every one gets every penny back.
I will try and put an update in here at least once a week starting now until this thing is done ...
Thanx,
Allan

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks Allan.

We know its not your fault at all and you cant help what has happened.
I will wait this out myself. Hope to have my trust to you within a couple of weeks.

adayton

Post by adayton » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:45 pm

OK ... Finally got some info back from HTA after 'hounding' them all week ... I have submitted an email or 2 each day and I didn't let up ...
Today, I got 3 emails in fairly quick succession ... First one didn't say much except that he was waiting on feedback from the plant ... the second didn't make a whole lot of sense ... Then the third one was the one I was waiting for ... It had an invoice attached!! ... For all of the Kestrels ... 5.56, .308 and 7.62 AK ....and they included Serial Numbers ...
Looks like they have completely redesigned the kestrel line to include Titanium end caps... Which will be an immense improvement on weight, etc. ... I also received a call from him as well to make sure I had received the email with the invoice...
I will be heading down to the shop on Monday morning to make sure the invoice is paid ... which will then put things in motion for Form 3 approval from BATFE ... and when pressed about approval time, Ted replied with the fact that they have been taking anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 weeks ... With a side note from Ted that 6 weeks has been pretty much the norm for them ... So I am anticipating we will have them in the shop then around 4 weeks or so after the 1 year anniversary of placing the order... Not really GREAT news, but it appears that we are actually going to be able to start the Form 4 wait then ... and possibly have them to 'play with' by the end of the summer... Actually, if we have them in the shop by the June shoot, I will be happy to bring them all along for 'visitation' ...
I sincerely apologize for this entire process taking so long to complete... I know some of you are less than enamored with HTA's customer service and rightly so.
I am going to continue to support them by keeping them on as a direct vendor. I am hoping that you will find it possible to forgive their less than adequate response time and hopefully, in the future they will become more attuned to their customer's needs.
I will keep you all updated any time I get information right here as always ...
Thanx again,
Allan

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Great job Allan! Good news indeed.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

adayton

Post by adayton » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 am

As you know from my last post, we are now (finally) waiting for Form 3 approval and the suppressors will be shipped to Stamler Machine when approved ... and we will be able to process the Form 4's and begin the (final) waiting period for our suppressors ...
I have not heard anything in the past week regarding these, but it's nice to know we are nearing the 'home stretch' ...
Once these are in house, I will have a few more suppressors for demonstration purposes... and if HTA sticks to their word in this 'new year', we should be able to get a decent suppressor for a good pricepoint ....
Thanx for your patience...
Allan Dayton

adayton

Post by adayton » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:18 pm

I now have the Form 3's in hand (still yet unapproved) so I should be able to request status from ATF and know indeed that they have been submitted ... (just need to figure out how to go about that ...)
I will keep posting here as updates come in ... The Guardian 22's are all in now including the non trust submittals ...
Thanx,
Allan

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:04 pm

To get the status of your transfer, call the ATF's NFA Branch at 304 616-4500

Have Serial Numbers in hand
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Thanks for the update, Allan!

adayton

Post by adayton » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey Sean... thanx for the info ...
The status for the Kestrels is ..... 3/27 pending ....
So I guess we are just waiting on the ATF to unpend them ... :-)

adayton

Post by adayton » Tue May 19, 2015 10:47 am

I just called the number again ... and the K-308's and K-5.56's are showing approved as of May 1 ...
I have an email request to HTA and will let you all know what I find out ...
Shouldn't be too long now ... (hopefully)

adayton

Post by adayton » Thu May 28, 2015 10:05 am

Here's an excerpt from an email thread dealing with this ... I just got it today ...
I am feeling more like I will have these in possession by the shoot in June ...
______________________C&P of Email___________________
Allan

Yes, they should be out...it takes 1 to 2 weeks for ATF to send us signed Form 3s after approvals(We send so many that they hold them and ship them in a packages.)

They were pretty overwhelmed at the plant. They have a about a thousand cans they are matching forms to and doing final QC and shipping. They are telling me "as soon as they can".

I will be back at the plant on Tuesday to personally check where they are at.

Ted

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:58 pm

thanks for the update adayton
Ky CCDW Instructor

adayton

Post by adayton » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:19 pm

kestrel 5.56's and kestrel 7.62 AK came in today....
K-308's are all that are left for this group buy ...Thanx all for your patience....
I feel the 308's will be here by the end of the month ...
Thanx,
Allan

adayton

Post by adayton » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 pm

I will have the k556's with me at the shoot as well as fomr form4's, etc. ....

adayton

Post by adayton » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 pm

I will have the k556's with me at the shoot as well as fomr form4's, etc. ....

Return to “Group Buys”