Revere's Riders Marksmanship Clinics 2017

For the local ranges, post up here for places to shoot at, matchs, GLIPSIC, IDPA, 3 gun, night matchs, range dates, etc. please stay on topic. Appleseed as well.
Unbridled Liberty
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Revere's Riders Marksmanship Clinics 2017

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:11 pm

Hello everyone. Revere's Riders is kicking off our 2017 Kentucky chapter schedule with a 1-day Rifle Skill Builder clinic at Buds Gun Shop in Lexington. We will be on their 25 yard law enforcement range which is fully climate controlled. The date is Saturday Jan. 21, 2017 from 0800-1800. The early bird registration is only $35, plus there will be a $25 all-day, per person range fee to Buds (they normally charge $25 per hour). For more information or to buy tickets, go to: http://www.reveresriders.org/event/2017 ... ington-ky/

Revere's Riders is a 501(c)3 non-profit, all-volunteer nationwide organization whose purpose is to educate the public in American history, support the shooting sports, and promote civic engagement. Revere's Riders is affiliated with the National Rifle Association, Civilian Marksmanship Program, and the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance.

In Liberty,
Kevin Fitz-Gerald
Revere's Riders Kentucky State Coordinator
ky@reveresriders.org
859-327-7401
http://www.hitscount.org
Facebook: Revere's Riders of Kentucky
Last edited by Unbridled Liberty on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unbridled Liberty

Re: Revere's Riders 2017

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Check out some pictures and great videos of our recent carbine clinic in Bedford, IN: https://www.facebook.com/hitscount.org/
And some more here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131748749 ... 7729446905

We have a carbine class tentatively scheduled in Kentucky after Thanksgiving in Crittenden. Also of special interest, we plan on holding a full distance event (100-500 yard qualification) at Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center (Edinburgh, IN) in February 2017. Just keep watching our schedule at http://www.hitscount.org.

UL
Last edited by Unbridled Liberty on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rescue9
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 am

Seriously looking into the day at Buds. I'm a state fire rescue instructor with KCTCS. What kind of documentation do I need to bring or fax when purchasing the teacher discounted ticket?

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 am

No documentation needed when buying the ticket. Just bring some kind of ID (KCTC, FD) with you to the event.

UL

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Tickets for our 2-Day Field Rifle clinic Feb. 11-12, 2017 are now on sale http://www.reveresriders.org/event/2016 ... erbury-in/
Don't miss this chance to qualify to military marksmanship standards on a working National Guard base, for a nominal fee.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Unbridled Liberty wrote:Tickets for our 2-Day Field Rifle clinic Feb. 11-12, 2017 are now on sale http://www.reveresriders.org/event/2016 ... erbury-in/
Don't miss this chance to qualify to military marksmanship standards on a working National Guard base, for a nominal fee.
Good deal, I'm an 11B Instructor up at Atterbury. They have some pretty good ranges. Will you all be utilizing the KD range for your training event?

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Cool! Yes, we have been assigned Range 3. We have always used #5 in the past. Anything we need to know about #3 in particular? Feel free to PM or email me if you want. ky@reveresriders.org.

UL

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Unbridled Liberty wrote:Cool! Yes, we have been assigned Range 3. We have always used #5 in the past. Anything we need to know about #3 in particular? Feel free to PM or email me if you want. ky@reveresriders.org.

UL
Rgr, Range 4 & 5 was used for the TAG Match this year. Range 3 is pretty much identical to 5. My Section Leader works at range control, I'll pm you his info. He is a good dude, former 3rd Bat, boy.

Unbridled Liberty

Re: Revere's Riders Marksmanship Clinics 2017

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:56 am

Washington’s Crossing Sale 2016
In honor of the sacrifices made by America’s founders during this holiday season we are offering 13% off — 1% for each of the thirteen colonies — on all purchases of event tickets or memberships. Use coupon code “WashingtonsCrossing2016” to claim the discount before January 3.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Civilian On-Base Lodging for the Atterbury KD Event
Shooters are eligible for lodging on base for this event. You will need to call and reserve a room and place a deposit with your credit card. You have your choice of a Premium (1-person) room at $30 per night, or a Deluxe room at $35 per night (double occupancy...on a pull out type sleeper for the 2nd person). A Deluxe room also gets you your own bathroom, as opposed to sharing a bathroom with another room like the lowly Premium people. The number to call is 812-526-1128. You may have to leave a message and they will call you back. When you talk to them they will ask what unit you are with. You will tell them you are a civilian and will be on base to shoot in the "rifle match" on February 11 and 12th. That should do it. The base campground is also open, and although the RV water hookups are shut off, the shower house should still be operable. I would confirm that when you call, if you want to go that route.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm

To give you an idea of what gear you should bring to the Atterbury clinic, these range bag pictures are from the July shoot at Atterbury. At the end of Day 2, back at their vehicles, shooters were instructed to empty their range bag/packs and make two piles; the left pile of everything they used, and the right pile of everything they didn't use.

Keep in mind that you will be walking several miles each day, and just ask yourself “is this item really worth lugging that far?”. "Bring everything you need and nothing you will not use."

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131748749 ... 840999470/

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Pictures are up from the 1-Day Rifle Skill Builder clinic at Buds indoor range in Lexington on 1/21/2017
https://www.flickr.com/gp/hitscount/327K68

Rescue9
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:09 pm

The one day event at Buds was awesome. I finally qualified, even with some readiness issues on my part. Next time I'll remember to take the darn chamber flags out before closing the bolt.

Thank you so much for taking the time with Christian. He learned some skills and had a great day shooting as well.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:45 pm

It was a pleasure meeting you both sir! I have had many youth on my firing lines over the years, and I have seen some that gave up after a few minor frustrations with their equipment. I must say that you are on the right track with Christian as I observed a very high level of resilience and persistance despite many hardware issues. And you, unlike some parents, had a good handle on when to step in and when to hang back. Well done to both of you!

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Only 5 tickets left tonight for the Atterbury clinic.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Atterbuy is sold out. Possibly another chance this summer. Watch the website http://www.hitscount.org.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Pictures and videos from the Camp Atterbury clinic last weekend: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hitscount ... 6497638991

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Unbridled Liberty wrote:Pictures and videos from the Camp Atterbury clinic last weekend: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hitscount ... 6497638991
Sorry I couldnt make it out to range 4, I was slammed all weekend at Atterbury. I'm glad to see it was a good weekend of training.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:43 pm

As it turned out, they put us on R5. What other types of ranges would we be able to use there? Someone asked if they have a pop-up range. We were also wondering if they have an "urban warfare" range of some kind. Do you know if anything like those are available?

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Unbridled Liberty wrote:As it turned out, they put us on R5. What other types of ranges would we be able to use there? Someone asked if they have a pop-up range. We were also wondering if they have an "urban warfare" range of some kind. Do you know if anything like those are available?
They have qualification ranges that provide pop ups out to 300m. As far as "urban warfare" are you talking about shoot houses?

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm

By urban warfare, for lack of a better term, I meant simulated towns where you shoot from inside a building out a window, or from an simulated rooftop, etc. Not CQB stuff. Do you know the range # for the 300m pop-ups?

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Unbridled Liberty wrote:By urban warfare, for lack of a better term, I meant simulated towns where you shoot from inside a building out a window, or from an simulated rooftop, etc. Not CQB stuff. Do you know the range # for the 300m pop-ups?
As far as Urban environments and shooting are concerned, Atterbury doesn't have much of that as far as live fire training goes, most of that type of training is conducted down at MUTC. The 300m qualification ranges are ranges 17 and 18, I believe. I don't have a map in front of me at the moment, but I'm sure you could contact range control and they could give you any information you need.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm

MUTC is either very hard or impossible to use by non-military groups, and there's absolute zero live fire allowed. Simunitions/UTM/etc. is as close as you'll get. Fort Knox has some options as far as shooting from buildings goes, and allows civilian use. I know Scott Mountain at Knox is used by non-military groups. It's a 1000yd range with a three story building to shoot out of. Tons of purpose-built windows at various heights, and rooftop access. You're just firing from a building onto a traditional square 1000yd known distance range, though.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Whootsinator wrote:MUTC is either very hard or impossible to use by non-military groups, and there's absolute zero live fire allowed. Simunitions/UTM/etc. is as close as you'll get. Fort Knox has some options as far as shooting from buildings goes, and allows civilian use. I know Scott Mountain at Knox is used by non-military groups. It's a 1000yd range with a three story building to shoot out of. Tons of purpose-built windows at various heights, and rooftop access. You're just firing from a building onto a traditional square 1000yd known distance range, though.
Agreed, Knox, is the best alternative for that type of training and yes civilian use is limited. I forgot about MALC getting the boot after their LEO/CIV stunt as far the civilian training goes.

Now there is live fire stuff done at MUTC, but it's restricted.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you! We are going to start the process of scheduling an event at one of the pop-up ranges at CAJMTC.

When I was with Appleseed, we tried very hard to get into Knox. We even had a Major (who attended an Appleseed and was very supportive) on the "inside" trying to get us in. Long story short; they have some very onerous regulations that make it next to impossible for civilians to get in, unless you are with the Kentucky State Rifle & Pistol Association. We let it drop as it was not worth the effort since we had Atterbury available to us.

Return to “Matches/ Range Dates”