KAC Shoot And Get Together, Sun Feb 28th 2016

For the local ranges, post up here for places to shoot at, matchs, GLIPSIC, IDPA, 3 gun, night matchs, range dates, etc. please stay on topic. Appleseed as well.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: KAC Shoot And Get Together, Sun Feb 28th 2016

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Niceguy wrote:I definitely agree... Just saying that at some point the odds are high. 50% of people get completely stupid over a few bucks in trying situations.
I know, but what else can I do?

Hmmm, Ruth Chris is starting to sound good right now. :llama:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:15 pm

That was my logic in picking #2. Money is spent, all bought goods are used and enjoyed, nothing left to bicker over or get butt hurt about.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:18 pm

I love the simple fun camaraderie it is now. Group ownership of anything tends to slim or never end well...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Niceguy wrote:That was my logic in picking #2. Money is spent, all bought goods are used and enjoyed, nothing left to bicker over or get butt hurt about.
There's always the issue of who gets to keep the stuff in your scenario.
That's why a) (Make the next shoot (June) free for everybody) may be best IMHO
I don't see a 100% risk free way of doing it. But I prefer this to doing nothing.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:30 pm

I agree that's a good option also...

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Buy steel or a free shot doesn't matter to me.

Or buy me a stake a Ruth Chris I will be your DD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 pm

One thing I like to encourage is for people to make the rounds and ask to shoot anything cool they see that they like. I am always open to that and while some may not be, I am not going to quibble over some ammo so don't offer to pay me for it. I like people getting a chance to shoot something they may eventually want (or not want as in the case of Dustin and SSRacer who now don't want a lightweight 44 Magnum).

Wish I could have stayed longer as I would have liked to shoot a few suppressed items.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Dave1965 wrote:One thing I like to encourage is for people to make the rounds and ask to shoot anything cool they see that they like. I am always open to that and while some may not be, I am not going to quibble over some ammo so don't offer to pay me for it. I like people getting a chance to shoot something they may eventually want (or not want as in the case of Dustin and SSRacer who now don't want a lightweight 44 Magnum).

Wish I could have stayed longer as I would have liked to shoot a few suppressed items.
Lol...it wasn't that bad. Not something I would probably shoot very often or put more than two cylinders through in an outing, but not bad :llama:

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

KAC Shoot And Get Together, Sun Feb 28th 2016

Post by ssracer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Nothing yet has beat toucan's .500 S&W magnum as far shooting unpleasantness is concerned. I could feel that revolver's back strap in my hand for like an hour...lol

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Dave1965 wrote:One thing I like to encourage is for people to make the rounds and ask to shoot anything cool they see that they like. I am always open to that and while some may not be, I am not going to quibble over some ammo so don't offer to pay me for it. I like people getting a chance to shoot something they may eventually want (or not want as in the case of Dustin and SSRacer who now don't want a lightweight 44 Magnum).

This^^

I don't have as much cool stuff as a lot of you guys, but the stuff I do have I enjoy sharing about as much as shooting it myself. And like Dave said, don't ask to pay for the ammo. In the unlikely event that I don't have a sufficient supply to just let someone shoot my ammo, I will hand you an empty mag for you to shoot your own. I'm a giver. ;-)
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:32 pm

WLJ wrote:I'm heading to the pawnshop to see how much I can get for this 1911 that was left there.

BTW: I'm just joking, I know who it belongs to and they've already been contacted.
Dayum!!

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:
Niceguy wrote:Definitely... And now I want a Coonan! haha
Who had a Coonan and why didn't I know this yesterday? SMDH.
Chopperdoc
I left not too long after he showed up. Dang it!

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:
Niceguy wrote:Definitely... And now I want a Coonan! haha
Who had a Coonan and why didn't I know this yesterday? SMDH.
Shit, I got sidetracked off your SCAR and didn't try the trigger out either...
Avoidance is futile. You will need one if you try it.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:40 pm

WLJ wrote:Thanks to everyone for coming out yesterday, it's good from time to time to see the faces behind the screen names. (Even if I can't connect a name to a face for more than 5 minutes :oops: ).
A big thanks to everyone who brought food and supplies, many of you went above and beyond.
A big special thanks to rustynuts for dragged his grill out yet again and cooking the burgers and brats.
A big thanks to the KAC fire dept for putting out the hill fire.

Great people, great food, great guns, great Feb weather (again).

As far as the final money count, the total haul today was $290. So the math works out as follows
Total fees collected = $290
Range rental fee = $150
Which leaves $140
Overage from previous shoot = $20
So $160 will go into the shoot piggy bank.

Now the question is, what do we do with the $160?
Do we
a) Make the next shoot (June) free for everybody.
b) Buy something for the shoots.
c) Roll it over and add it to whatever overage we get the next shoot(s) to buy something really nice.
d) I go Ruth's Chris Steakhouse :D
If by "something" you mean target type stuff then b or c.

baknblack
Been liked: 0

Post by baknblack » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 pm

ssracer wrote:Nothing yet has beat toucan's .500 S&W magnum as far shooting unpleasantness is concerned. I could feel that revolver's back strap in my hand for like an hour...lol
I shot one last year. Immediately handed it back to the owner. I did hit a paper plate at 100 yds but, damn it stung. I wanted to drop it it stung so bad.
If you haven't seen the high speed video on YouTube you should watch it. The shock wave in the muscles is scary looking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:

This^^

I don't have as much cool stuff as a lot of you guys, but the stuff I do have I enjoy sharing about as much as shooting it myself. And like Dave said, don't ask to pay for the ammo. In the unlikely event that I don't have a sufficient supply to just let someone shoot my ammo, I will hand you an empty mag for you to shoot your own. I'm a giver. ;-)
I heard you're a taker/catcher.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:49 pm

A group steel gong would be awesome. The plate I have cost me $50

Getting a few would be cool to have or some silouettes.

Even if this group ends I don't see us not having get togethers. Buy steel. And let's play
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Pay for the next shoot with the money. Buying a target is retarded because someone has to keep it and it only gets used when they come out or you leave it at NH and it gets broken or stolen.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Jack makes a good point. Let's just do a free shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Or E. Buy an assortment of ammo for everybody to shoot through the various guns.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:15 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:

This^^

I heard you're a taker/catcher.
Hahahahahahahahaha.....nope!!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Or the other option I forgot to mention, buy something(s) for a raffle.

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:30 pm

WLJ wrote:Or the other option I forgot to mention, buy something(s) for a raffle.
Then you'll have more money to figure out what to do with.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:49 pm

WLJ wrote:Or the other option I forgot to mention, buy something(s) for a raffle.
That doesn't work because that in reality is let's say 20 people's donated money for a shoot and the people entered in the raffle didn't have a vested portion.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:50 pm

That's one angle some may look at it like. If it makes a shoot free one day at the rented range then the people that paid for the last one got what they paid for and the next shoot doesn't award one but gets distributed evenly amongst the website as an open invite.

Return to “Matches/ Range Dates”