CCDW with a DD-214?

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

CCDW with a DD-214?

Post by Vividia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Guy at work is former military. He asked me if i knew any CCDW instructors that could sign off on an concealed carry for him based on his DD-214. I didn't think you could get around sitting through the class, but i don't pretend to be an expert on other than standard qualifications.

So, is he full of crap and he needs to sit through the class like ordinary folks, or can he get a sign-off with his DD-214? Some of you CCDW instructors please chime in....
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Re: CCDW with a DD-214?

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 pm

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=47039

section 6d allows it, I never saw that, would have been easier than that course..ugh

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Post by bigelowe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Yes, dd214 will work in Bowling Green . Warren county I think, but I will not work in Bullitt county. This is the situation my son is up against. He goes to WKU, but I live in Bullitt county.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

samb.

Post by samb. » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am

It's a state thing not a county thing. While it isn't required, I would much prefer someone to take the ccdw course. Military handgun training has zero to do with everyday carry and situations. The only possible crossover being shooting fundamentals which for most military shooters they still suck at.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 am

Why not just take the course and avoid the headaches of trying to figure out how not to? It only takes a few hours and you only have to do it once and it's done and over with, no grey areas.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 am

samb. wrote:It's a state thing not a county thing. While it isn't required, I would much prefer someone to take the ccdw course. Military handgun training has zero to do with everyday carry and situations. The only possible crossover being shooting fundamentals which for most military shooters they still suck at.
https://youtu.be/N0id3WfiJrc

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

samb.

Post by samb. » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm

ssracer wrote: https://youtu.be/N0id3WfiJrc

Lol
My point exactly. Just take the course, it's $75. You get trigger time and some decent instruction worth the money.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

in Louy Metro, I doubt you'll find any instructor that will sign off on that...

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm

LOL I said why not just take the course it's not THAT bad, but some people just like to turn 270 degrees to avoid turning 90 the other way.

He asked me if I knew anybody who would sign off, and unless one of you guys who teach do, then I don't :)
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Vividia wrote:LOL I said why not just take the course it's not THAT bad, but some people just like to turn 270 degrees to avoid turning 90 the other way.

He asked me if I knew anybody who would sign off, and unless one of you guys who teach do, then I don't :)
Legend has it that with the Sopwith Camel because of the rotational torque of the engine it was quicker to turn 270° to the left than it was to turn 90° to the right.
Note the word legend.

Couldn't resist knowing you have a love of airplanes :mrgreen:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 am

Snoopy confirmed this.

Return to “Concealed Carry”