Online CC course?

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Online CC course?

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 am

My buddy found this and sent it to me with a big WTF. I told him I'd post it here where there are some certified instructors and get their take on it.

http://louisville.halfoffdeals.com/inde ... &h=5524658

gaston_kalash
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Online CC course?

Post by gaston_kalash » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:20 am

How can u do the shooting portion online? It would be sweet if you can do this as I have bee trying to get my girlfriend to get hers and this would save me money as I offered to pay for hers if she would get it.

Sent from somewhere over yonder.
SI JE PUIS

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:11 am

I think I just heard James Yager and Chris Casta scream.....

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:28 pm

The shooting portion was my first question as well

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by irishrob » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:24 pm

You get a Virginia Non resident carry permit. From the site

"Kentucky

Applying for the Virginia Non-Resident Permit to Carry will NOT let you to carry in the state of Kentucky. Kentucky residents who take this course can apply for the Virginia non-resident Permit to Carry Permit as a valid permit for carrying a concealed weapon in many other states so if you travel frequently or would like to increase your reciprocity, this is a great option! Simply follow the instructions you will find at the bottom of the page to go through the application process."

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:32 pm

guncrank1 wrote:I think I just heard James Yager scream.....
The sound took that long to get here from Iraq, huh?
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:18 pm

irishrob wrote:You get a Virginia Non resident carry permit. From the site

"Kentucky

Applying for the Virginia Non-Resident Permit to Carry will NOT let you to carry in the state of Kentucky. Kentucky residents who take this course can apply for the Virginia non-resident Permit to Carry Permit as a valid permit for carrying a concealed weapon in many other states so if you travel frequently or would like to increase your reciprocity, this is a great option! Simply follow the instructions you will find at the bottom of the page to go through the application process."

Yes, this is a non-resident permit for Virginia. It is honored in several states, but not typically your home state. Folks with permits from other places that have less coverage than we see with our Kentucky permit are all over this.

Interesting fact: New Mexico no longer honors Kentucky CCDW but will honor Virginia non-resident permits. So if you are planning a trip to New Mexico it might be beneficial to get this online non-resident permit.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 pm

And I am not 100% certain, but I think you can take this course for free, or much cheaper, on some of the official Virginia government websites.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 pm

http://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms_No ... ealed.shtm

it ain't free. And there is some other stuff to send in. The online course here is, it seems, approved as the safety course.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 pm

You can call, but I would imagine that the Kentucky CCDW course qualifies as both the safety class requirement and for establishing competence with a firearm.

It'll cost you $100 application fee and the time to get fingerprints and criminal background checks to send in with the application.

If I were going to be making an extended stay in New Mexico for work or whatever I might look into this further. Or if my State permit had crappy reciprocity.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:44 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:
irishrob wrote:You get a Virginia Non resident carry permit. From the site

"Kentucky

Yes, this is a non-resident permit for Virginia. It is honored in several states, but not typically your home state. Folks with permits from other places that have less coverage than we see with our Kentucky permit are all over this.

Interesting fact: New Mexico no longer honors Kentucky CCDW but will honor Virginia non-resident permits. So if you are planning a trip to New Mexico it might be beneficial to get this online non-resident permit.
Interesting. My daughter lives in El Paso, ten miles from New Mexico. When we ran across the border last year I had to leave my gun at her house. May look into this.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Whootsinator wrote:
No that somebody is actually offering a course that is worth more than his and you don't even to leave home. :llama:

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:16 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
Whootsinator wrote:
No that somebody is actually offering a course that is worth more than his and you don't even to leave home. :llama:
:lol:
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “Concealed Carry”