Electronic Renewal

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Electronic Renewal

Post by Marcus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:40 pm

BIGC wrote:I went the paper route for my renewal..

Question:

If my current permit expires before the new one comes in (expires OCT 7th) can I still carry concealed or do I have to stop till the new one comes in? The lady at the sheriffs office told me that I had to cut the old one up and stop carrying if it expired before the new one arrived...
That's what they told me.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 pm

I would think it is expired so carrying concealed is a no no. I am no lawyer thiugh I did stay at a holiday inn.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:11 pm

BIGC wrote:I went the paper route for my renewal..

Question:

If my current permit expires before the new one comes in (expires OCT 7th) can I still carry concealed or do I have to stop till the new one comes in? The lady at the sheriffs office told me that I had to cut the old one up and stop carrying if it expired before the new one arrived...

If permit is expired you no longer have a permit, even if one is one the way (technically). At best you can expect a $25 fine for not having the permit even though you are in the database as having an active permit (if State has completed renewal process and permit is on way or at Sheriff.) At worse it could be carrying concealed without a permit.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Return to “Concealed Carry”