Selecting a Holster (XD40 Service 4" barrel)

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Selecting a Holster (XD40 Service 4" barrel)

Post by ProCroation » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Now obviously, being that I'm only 5' 10" and 175 pounds, concealing the XD 4" has never been an easy task. Typically, the cooler months I have been rocking a zip up hoodie or jacket and using my shoulder holster. I don't bulge in the front or the back with even my thinnest hoodie on. I'm satisfied in that aspect.

Except in the summer, shoulder holster is out obviously. I had been using a cheap in the waistband holster that just clips over your pants and/or belt but hid pretty well. It used to stay stable but over time the wear has made it too unpredictable. Can't even tell you a brand on it or where I even got it from, anymore. It's been a while...maybe Gilberts Gun Shop? I tossed it though.

I'm shopping now for a holster. I'm liking what I see in the Galco KingTuk, Crossbreed SuperTuck and the Minotaur MTAC. Which would be best? I like to carry at 3:30/4 oclock on my right side, with a slight cant. I'm looking mostly for comfort and stability. My shirts are usually pretty loose, so I haven't had an issue with printing though them before. All my pants and shorts are over-sized due to losing some weight and I always have to wear a belt now. So needless to say, all of these holster would probably suit me for the purposes of concealment. I'm looking for comfort and durability. Price isn't a concern.

So which of the three would you say fits the bill...OR

Suggest something better.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Selecting a Holster (XD40 Service 4" barrel)

Post by ProCroation » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:51 am

Shit. Even more difficult issue. Finding someone who makes an iwb holster that forms to my crimson trace ds series laser.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:51 pm

I went to 5 Point Firearms and perused over their holsters. They only had one that direct fits an XD. Not with a laser of course. I think I'll need to have this thing custom made...period.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am

Yep. Look up genotac on Facebook. Sent him a message and he can prolly make one for ya. He is local and may need your gun to mold off of.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Return to “Concealed Carry”