KAC what do you carry and why contest discussion thread

Post up contests, gun giveaways, free crsp here.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: KAC what do you carry and why contest discussion thread

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:48 pm

I just checked out the beltman...Thanks for the info. What is your opinion of the bull hide with or without the internal stiffener? Even when I wasn't fat I've alway wore my belts pretty tight and the buckles are the only thing that have wore out or broken on any belt I've had. Always where the pin pivots around the buckle itself. I like that they are replaceable on these.
The undershirt is a good idea, it helps. I've always wore a undershirt under button ups, polos or t-shirts as long as I can remember.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by 86 slo-vo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 pm

I use a 5 stitch wilderness tactical belt. Pretty cheap and works well.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 pm

I opted to do without the internal stiffener because I get the Velcro lining on the inside of the belt. The double layer of bull hide, plus the Velcro, is plenty stiff and very comfortable, even with an IWB holster in place. I have been wearing my Beltman Special for over a year, now and it isn't even beginning to show any signs of wear, even around my big belly it really is the best fitting, feeling, and wearing belt I've had in years. I liked it so much, that when I could get the extra money together, I bought a second one in black, so I could wear it with my dress pants.
Last edited by Wyldman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

costellow
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by costellow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:04 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:This has made me realize that I am the most ill prepared person on this site most likely... I typically have cash (and sometimes card and ID) in one pocket, 4 keys on a carabiner (house, work, cash drawer, car) in other pocket. iPhone5 in back pocket or hand. That's it... Sometimes a pistol, still on the search for one that's somewhat comfortable to carry. Never a knife, watch, wallet, compass, lights, first aid, lighter or matches, nothing. I need to make much more of an effort to be better prepared for anything. Especially since I spend so much time on the go. I average about 3000 miles a month. I do usually have a pistol, light, lighter, water, jacket/hoodie, knife in whatever I'm driving though and my wallet is in the vehicle also. I attribute a lot of not carrying anything to weight gain. I gained 120 lbs in less than a year a few years ago so I have one hell of a spare tire and no ass so it feels like my pants are always falling down. The more I carry, the worse they feel like that. I'm also open to suggestions from my fellow fat guys what works for them, other than loosing 120lbs...haha I'm VERY slowly working on that part.

Pm SonOfLiberty. He made my belt that I've worn just about daily for the last 1.5 years. It is by far the best belt I have ever used and unless he went up in price it's cheaper than the beltman.
325MOUTguru wrote:In Soviet Russia instructor shoots you.
Tecumseh wrote:When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:34 pm

86 slo-vo wrote:I like that cooler idea, may have to steal that idea.
You can also carry 10 30 rd. AR mags in the main compartment, but it is pretty heavy with loaded mags.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 pm

5.11 Tactical makes a nice leather belt that I wear daily. Doesn't scream gun belt for those who care about that sort of thing. Typically carry my Glock 27 with a Gerber FAST from Walmart along with the same AAA streamlight as most everyone.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370816954.406173.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370816954.406173.jpg (107.88 KiB) Viewed 2185 times

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:53 pm

5.11 belts suck...though I put mine through a ton of abuse

its fraying where it goes through the buckle and only been a year or so

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:23 pm

shelbygoat wrote:5.11 belts suck...though I put mine through a ton of abuse

They used to be good when first on the market. Now their shit is in line with the likes of Walmart

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:44 pm

shelbygoat wrote:5.11 belts suck...though I put mine through a ton of abuse

The leather dress belts with the flex material are not junk and I have been using one for 4 years. Other than the finish which has a bit of wear there are no problems at all. The finish fixes with just a bit of shoe polish ever so often anyway.

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm surprised at you guys that posted. Alot of you had more than one knife or light but only one gun.
Some had different gun and holster combinations for different clothes/seasons,but no one said anything about a backup gun.I thought that the boots were a good idea to post as equiptment,since everyone needs good shoes or boots.I carry a Kahr PM40 and a get off of me North American Arms mini revolver in 22 magnum.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Winner wrote:I'm surprised at you guys that posted. Alot of you had more than one knife or light but only one gun.
Some had different gun and holster combinations for different clothes/seasons,but no one said anything about a backup gun.I thought that the boots were a good idea to post as equiptment,since everyone needs good shoes or boots.I carry a Kahr PM40 and a get off of me North American Arms mini revolver in 22 magnum.
My gun is my backup. My negotiation skills and my running shoes are my primary.

Sent via Tapatalk on a tiny screened cell phone so piss off if you don't like my typos

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:31 pm

I didn't even think about boots until I had seen someone else posted theirs, they truly are part of my EDC as I'm not even sure if I have another pair of shoes anymore.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Winner wrote:I'm surprised at you guys that posted. Alot of you had more than one knife or light but only one gun.
You have to call it quits somewhere with the redundancy thing or you would carry twice your weight every day. I know there is always something that could go wrong but it is a very minute chance that a well cared for pistol goes down. I am not saying I don't sometimes carry a carbine in my car or a back up pistol but it is not edc and this contest was for edc (not what we carry a lot or sometimes) so my load out is literally edc.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:08 pm

My Taurus has been 100% reliable with brass- cased jhp and fmj for 12 years. I tried Wolf once and it did not like it. I carry my Glock 26 as a backup when wearing bib overalls, a pistol in each front pocket. I sometimes carry my CZ-82 IWB on my left side also.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:44 am

I have a gun in both cars. Won't say what or where but I will say not a rifle. I consider those to be backups. I am not a fan of small guns and if I were to carry a backup gun it would be a full size and would be a serious consideration. Imo just because its a backup, doesn't mean its supposed to be smaller. I don't knock anyone for carrying a spare gun but if I were going somewhere where I thought I'd need a backup gun I either just wouldn't go or I'd take a rifle as my primary.

Return to “Giveaways”