KAC "what do you EDC and why" contest

Post up contests, gun giveaways, free crsp here.
Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

KAC "what do you EDC and why" contest

Post by Marcus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Alright KACers, time for the next contest. This time we want a pic of what you carry EVERY DAY. All of us leave the house and make sure we have what we deem to be the basic necessities. We want a pic and a good explanation of why you chose what you chose. Don't limit yourself to just the firearm. We want to know why you chose the ammo, knife, cell phone, flashlight, holster, even your key ring if you have a good reason for it. This isn't just a pic contest. The more detailed and well thought out your post is, the better chance you have of winning. It'll be up to the 5 founding fathers and the 2 mods to decide on a winner. Speaking of winning, I picked up DVD copies of Enemy at the Gates and Shooter today. The winner will get their choice. If we have a good response, we may select more than one winner. We'll let this run until this Sunday(6/9/13) at 7pm and announce a winner/winners at 8pm.

Also, I'll start a "what do you carry and why contest discussion thread" in this same forum, so keep your posts in this thread to just your entries. Thanks and good luck!!
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: KAC

Post by Wyldman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Tag for entry. You guys are gonna shit when you see my EDC kit. Not bad for a broken old man....

As you can see, I am a big fan of redundancy, because stuff has a tendancy to fail or disappear at the most inopportune moments. My redundancy does, however, have some unique thought behind it, for example: the Zero Tolerance is great for heavy work, but not fine cutting, which is why the Boker ceramic resides in my other pocket. The Hisatsu is great for fine work, and can also be used for things I intend to eat, so it remains clean, at all times. The P11 is generally my primary carry, backed up by the PPK. There are occassions when my G30 (not pictured) will pull primary and the P11 does BUG duty, and then other times when i have to rely solely on the PPK. All 3 of these weapons I am very proficient with, and are absolutely reliable, which is why I carry back ups, because NOTHING IS ABSOLUTELY RELIABLE.

On my small key ring you will observe a CRKT knife sharpener, a Colt screwdriver, a P38 (which I have not been without in the last 35 years), and that other little item that shall remain unmentioned for OPSEC. My flashlight rides in my back pocket with my wallet and is hella bright, plus has a strobe for disorienting attackers. If I need less light, I close my hand around the barrel and limit it to what I need. Because it uses CR123A batteries, which have a 10 year shelf life (which I buy in bulk at steep discount), I never have to worry about reaching for it and it being dead. I carry spares in my go bag, anyway.

As you can plainly see, I carry spare mags and ammo for both weapons in a compact, easy to carry belt pouch kit, plus another spare for the PPK, since it only packs 7 at a time. I also use holsters for both of my weapons, even the one in my pocket. The pocket holster helps provide a safe place that covers the trigger and also has a large panel that covers the entire weapon and prevents printing through my pocket.

The belt is one of my Velcro lined Beltman specials the fits me perfectly and is easily capable of carrying the load I have to carry on my person every day. I also carry my cane, which has a 30" steel surprise inside, which is legal and comes under the heading of CCDW. For OPSEC, again, I refrain from posting that pic.

I also carry a go bag that has EMT gear, 250' of 550 paracord, my Sub2K .40 plus 5 31rd magazines loaded with FMJ. I'm sorry, but OPSEC, again, prevents posting pics of that.

All of this may seem a bit much, but I have been carrying this loadout daily for decades, so for me, it's not bothersome in the least.
Attachments
20130609_124124.jpg
20130609_124016.jpg
Last edited by Wyldman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Well my edc would start with my redwing steel toe boots (Job requirement/ comfortable/ extra weight to kick with if need be),
my leatherman wingman multipurpose tool(because it has enough to do about anything without so much that its just a novelty, the knife is of size that I can carry at work and is extreamly durable.)
Taurus pt99afs goes with me everywhere other than at work where I am not allowed to carry it. I carry it because its what I have and the concealed carry gun fund is insufficient for something new. It has also been 100% reliable.
, ammo is federal premium 147gr hydra shock.
, 100rnds of brass cased ball ammo in the truck.
, led flashlight with 100k volt stun gun built in for when its dark and want something out yet seemingly harmless in plain view.
, leatherman micro on the key chain same reasons as leatherman wingman works great small compact

That's about it.
Ky CCDW Instructor

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm not in this to win it, but I thought somebody might find this interesting, since, as a teacher, I'm not permitted to carry a firearm.

As far as everyday *carry*--meaning what's *always* in my pockets every working day--this is it:

At left is my car key with a Photon microlight; to the right of that is my iPhone. I think both of these are self-explanatory.

For the last 20 years I've carried two wallets; one a standard wallet with a small amount of cash, drivers licence, CCDW, and a credit card. The second wallet (a Levenger "pocket briefcase") carries a couple hundred dollars and a debit card, and it also serves as a notepad, holding 3x5 cards and the battered Cross pen (with a Fisher space pen refil) that I received as a high school graduation present 32 years ago.

Next is a Victorinox "Compact." IMHO, this particular SAK model offers the optimal use/size ratio. It has a single blade, combination can opener/bottle opener, scissors, corkscrew, eyeglass screwdriver, tweezers, toothpick, nail file, pin, and pen.

Finally, my work keychain. It's obviously a Kubotan (I was trained by a certified instructor in 2000), and in addition to my school keys it holds a titanium prybar made by Joshua Rice of JDR Knife and Tool. In the event the shit really hits the fan and our police officer is unable to respond I'll use the leftmost key to access...something that is really cool and has a giggle switch.

Not pictured is my handheld radio (it's in my charger at work), with which I can communicate with school administrators, district transportation, and local police.

I also dumped out the contents of the bag I keep with me at my desk, but after giving it some thought I decided that discretion is the better part of valor, so I'm taking the fifth (ETA: for the record, it doesn't contain a firearm, nor does it hold a big-ass knife). I will say that it contains a Surefire flashlight, Mechanix gloves, spare eyeglasses, paracord, a lighter, and a few other useful items. In my classroom I keep a backup flashlight and a full-blown medical kit with GI field dressings, splints, and a couple of CAT tourniquets. I maintain my Red Cross CPR and First Aid certifications, and while I let my EMT certification lapse several years ago I am confident that I can deal with most medical incidents until the experts arrive.

In short, I keep on, with, and around me the items that I think will be most useful in getting your kids back home to you if things turn ugly.

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times

Post by irishrob » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Well here I go.
I carry everywhere I can. I also work 3rd shift in not the best part of town so I do carry every night to work but have to leave it in the car while there. With going in at 11PM there are quite a few undesirables I see on my way in. I have people approach at the gas station or stop lights panhandling at least once a week & even have them ring the bell at the employee door. Had a shooting a block away just last week. One carry gun is my Ruger LCR loaded with 38 Spcl. 110gr. Critical Defense in a Remora IWB holster. The other is a Keltec P3AT in a Desantis pocket holster loaded with 380 Auto Gold Dot 90 gr. HP during the warm months. In the colder months I have it loaded alternating between FMJ & 380 Auto Gold Dot in the Mag with a Gold Dot chambered. I do this because I’ve read where a 380 HP might not have good penetration thru a heavy coat or jacket due to it’s lower power & expansion. Which one I carry depends on what I’m wearing. Going to end up with a larger automatic to carry but still trying to decide on what I want, It can’t be too large because I am of average size & build. Thinking of a Shield or XDS but still undecided.
In my left back pocket I normally carry my wallet with DL, CCDW, Employee ID to log in at work, A few dollars cash along with my debit card & a few other rewards type cards. Back right pocket is where I carry the Keltec if that’s what I’m carrying that day. If not I carry the Ruger in either the 2 or 4/5 o’clock position IWB. Front left pocket is where I carry my smokes, pocket change, a chapstick in the winter & car keys depending on which car I’m driving. Front right pocket is where I carry my everyday keys like the house, garage & various other keys. I also have a lighter there. My everyday keychain is a carabiner. That is what I have my everyday keys on along with a cigar plug cutter & work key fob which works the electronic locks on every door in the building. Going to swap the leather key fob for some paracord as soon as I can get my daughters to braid it. I also carry a SOG Aegis or Flash II knife in various locations. Both will open with a flick of the thumb because of the speed assist & they keep an edge. I do keep a Coast HP7 flashlight in every car. They are LED with an output of 251 lumens on high & 58 lumens on low & adjust from a flood to spot beam with a push of the reflector. On my belt is my Iphone in a Realtree Defender Otterbox.
002.JPG
003.JPG

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:11 am

Well, I have talked before about the contents of my Get Home Bag that is in the vehicle so I think I will focus on the stuff that is on me every day for this one.
EDC 2013.jpg

Everyday I carry a mostly factory stock (I changed the plastic guide rod out for a metal one) Gen 3 G23 with night sights. A SureFire x300 is attached to the rail and the setup rests in a Bravo Concealment Kydex holster. I have a matching BCH double mag pouch with a light holder for my Elzetta flashlight (Which is currently missing hardware, so it'll be back in action soon). There is a 13 round G23 magazine in the weapon, with a round in the chamber. The two magazines in the double mag kydex are 15 round G22 model. There are a couple of reasons for this. One: moar ammo = good. Two: My GHB carbine takes G22 mags.

I don't get too wrapped up with which hollow points are loaded. I buy what I can find (especially now) that is typically quality ammo. Win PDX has been on the list a lot lately and seems to perform well in the weapon as well as decent ballistic reviews. I'll carry FMJ's if I have too, but so far have not be required to resort to that.
I am not particularly attached to the 40 Smith caliber either, but I shoot it well and the wife has taken over my G19 for her own. One of these days I will make the change over so we have common caliber and weapons for our carry guns. In all honesty, I had quit concealed carrying the G19 anyway a few months before. I really like the GEN 3 RTF, but the more abrasive grip texture was not good for my dress shirts.

I typically wear a sport coat over business casual clothing. These items are not as durable (or cheap) as the t-shirts and such that I wear outside the work environment. The RTF was leaving a noticeable wear spot on the fabric of some of my more expensive dress shirts, so back to the vanilla GEN 3 for me.

I currently carry all this stuff on a riggers belt. Not sure who makes it, but I have used either the riggers belt or my ACU duty belt, as your typical 'leather' cheapo will not hold up long. even the better leather dress belts I have tried don't hold up for more than about a year or so, and are usually thinner than is comfortable to wear with all that weight on it. I have seen a few EDC belts that I may try out in the future. I'll write a review when (if) I get them.

I have two key chains. One has the vehicle key and other important keys that I use regularly, a small cheapo folding knife, some gun bling and a P38 that I found on Yonah Mountain when I was a kid (along with some other cool stuff). The second has keys that I need, but not as frequently.

I now typically carry two flashlights daily. I previously just carried the Elzetta ZFL-60 with the strobe/high tailcap with strike bezel. The Elzetta is just a little too bright for everyday, common flashlight usage but I dealt with it for a long time because cheap flashlights never stood up to everyday pocket carry. I recently picked up a Streamlight Stylus Pro STR66118 from BigC and immediately added it to my EDC. It is light weight, plenty bright for about any project you need from an EDC light, has a clip for easy pocket carry and, unlike the Elzetta, can be held easily in the teeth when I need a light and both hands on the subject. The Elzetta is now only for the unlikely event that I need to disorient someone with the strobe or make circular craters in their skull with the strike bezel.

I carry a CAT-T. Every day. Usually it is just in a pocket, but I have been experimenting with attaching it vertically to my mag carrier with rubber bands. Not good so far, as it catches (velcro) on the inside of my jacket a lot. I think if it goes on the belt it will need to be in one of the many carriers available on the retail market.

Let's face it: we are all more likely to have a need for first aid stuff as we go about our lives than to need a weapon. Also, if I am convinced of the fact that I may need to use a weapon to defend myself or my family, I have to face the reality that I might need to tend to some trauma wounds in the aftermath. If I could carry a complete blow out kit easily, I probably would. I have enough stuff already to resemble a Batman utility belt, I think I would have trouble concealing more under my jacket if I were to add it.

My wallet is a simple bifold leather model. It is a hand made leather model though, and not a 'Made in China' special. I have had it for about 10 years now and the one I had before this one went 18 years before it wore out. I tend to over stuff the things with receipts, cards and the like so I need one that is rugged. This last one was picked up in Nashville Indiana at a leather shop. Good stuff.

My current EDC pocket knife is the Gerber Swagger®. It is used a lot for the everyday mundane tasks from box opening to cleaning under the fingernails. No complaints from me. I would probably have another one when I wear this one out or lose it. It is proving to be durable and it is lighter than the previous (long forgotten) resident of my EDC pocket carry.

I am not big into expensive watches and I have never worn any jewelry other than my wedding band. There was a time that I never wore a wrist watch (when I was in the military, I had several in my helmet bag and always one in my pocket, but rarely on the wrist). I have been wearing this Pulsar Kinetic for awhile now. It seems pretty resilient, it has kept great time, and it never needs batteries. It runs off energy built up from my motion. I wore it for about a month straight when I got it (as a gift) then put it in a drawer. About a month later I took it out and the time was still accurate. I may see about getting some more of these in different styles.

My cell phone is an old Razor flip phone. Yes, I catch grief about it. Daily. Don't judge. I need a phone to answer calls and the occasional text message. If I need a reminder I can set one and if I need an alarm clock I can set multiple ones. If it ain't broke don't fix it and this thing has been dropped more than Taylor Swift and it still works great.

One thing that has been added recently that I am still trying to figure out the best way to carry is my 'cheaters': My reading glasses. Now before all you youngsters start giggling (I did too) at the 'old guy with the specs on his nose', just remember that it'll be you too. Sooner than you think. I still have 20/20 vision in one eye and 20/15 in the other, so if I am in a dimly lit restaurant the wife must hold up the menu on her side of the table so I can read it.

Presbyopia. Look it up.

I have several pair of glasses laying around, but I have found that I should just carry a set as well to keep from getting frustrated. I have broken several. A case is just not something I want to keep in a pocket, along with everything else I carry. I don't want to spend the 'big dollars' on the compact ones like you see on TV, so I think I am just going to get one of those gooby looking wallet size readers that has a light on it. Maybe then I can get the senior citizen discount for the meal as well!

Maybe I will just get a monocle on a chain?
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am

Of course I am wearing an ACU uniform on a daily basis with a 5.11 reinforced belt.

cell phone-Samsung Galaxy SII...its Korean, but English on the phone, doesn't work in the states, only here in Korea. It is on a plan, just like contracts back there, except data is a bit faster here out of the box.

On the belt I carry a basic Gerber used for doing small things while down at the vehicles, maintaining our gear, weapons, and equipment, and small tasks that require a tool should they arise. Very, very useful to a Soldier everyday.

I wear a basic 5.11 Scout knife for quick cutting is kept in my right hand pocket, blade is beat the F up, but it cuts and has been used for a screwdriver a couple of times lol when my gerber hasn't been around. I chose this knife as it is light, thin, and works well.

Self-explanatory items are dogtags, ID card, meal card, room key, and my cover which get put into my cargo pocket while inside.

3x5 notecards stay in my shoulder pocket if I need to jot something down

green notebook is for when I get notes from the platoon sergeant, or I have to sit in the meetings and take notes

pens(not shown), but it is a sin not to have a pen on you at all times

My leaders book goes most everywhere with me as it contains, but not limited too, all my subordinates info, training schedules, platoon battle roster, alert roster, UCMJ articles, blank counseling forms, various Memorandums, specific load plans for vehicles, and paperwork to turn-in for work. My Eberlestock pack is with me and holds the leadersbook and other larger stuff that I carry to include water.

and you can't forget the PT BELT!....with that I will never die.

I don't carry too much everyday, as I work within a 1/2 mile from my room and usually need to get something from it 2-3 times a day to include typing up paperwork on my personal computer and printing it, as our office has 1 functional printer and 2 computers, which the internet rarely works on. Very sad if I showed you a picture of that state of our office.

Sorry to tell ya, we don't carry around M4s or M9s on the regular, they are stored in the arms room.

My "get home" bags...are actually my SHTF bags, and are generally 75% packed at all times. Throw the last few things in and grab em for an alert.
Attachments
DSCN1615.JPG

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:34 pm

There are two things that I always have on hand, a knife and a Light.

This is my basic EDC, my attire typically dictates how much I can carry without drawing attention/printing.

1. G17 RTF2 cut down to a G19 frame. This gives me all the benefits of having a full size firearm and allows me to carry without printing.
2. Benchmade Adamas, this is a heavy full size knife. A lot of people may call this excessive or heavy. However, I have never had an issue pocket carrying a full size blade. The reason I carry this is because I typically put my EDC knife through a lot of abuse.
3. Streamlight Stylus Pro, this is a compact light that is very bright and takes up very little room. It has been a very rugged light and had held up to a lot of field use.
4. Sunto Core, a watch that has a multitude of benefits. This watch has all the bells and whistles I.e compass, sunrise/sunset, and etc. It is streamlined and compacted for all the functions it can preform.
5. Bluetooth (Sliver), handfree device that allows me access to my phone. This allows me to stay in contact with first responders or my GPS without me looking or holding my phone.
6. iPhone 4GS (not pictured) smart phones now of days, come with a variry of apps and programs that can be invaluable, I.E additional light, GPS, ballistics calculator and etc.
7. Lighter (BIC or Zippo), fire and heat can be the difference between life and death. So having a fire source is must.
8. Para cord brand, para cord has an infinite number of uses. Therefore, it is alway good to have a few feet on hand at all times.
9. Copenhagen, this is very much person preference. However, I have learn from personal experience that there are situations that require an individual to be alert for several days on end. The nicotine provide by chewing tobacco helps a person stay alert. The one major benefit to dip over cigarettes is the lack of light and smell produced.
10. Oakley M-frames, eye pro is always important. If you can't see, you can fight or navigate. It is important to protect your eyes at all cost. Without them you are worthless.

Finally it is important to understand that this is my first line of equipment. My vehicle has my GoBag stashed within it. That hold my medical supplies, multitool,additional rounds, Sub2K and etc.

There is only so much you can carry on your person while wearing your everyday clothing, therefore it is important to prioritize. This is the setup that works best for me and allows me to stay as inconspicuous as possible. Depending on clothing and the time of year I can carry more equipment without drawing attention.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: KAC "what do you EDC and why" contest

Post by justang1997 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 pm

This is my work edc. I am fortunate enough to be paid to be armed.

The gun is a Sig229 chambered in 9mm. 40 rounds of Federal hp's. I'd use different ammo but am not allowed to make that decision. Smith and Wesson cuffs. Galls rechargeable light. Galls expandable baton in an ASP break side roto-holster. Work phone.

I wear dress type uniform pants so my pocket edc mirrors my off duty edc but is sleeker and smaller so as not to bulge the pockets.
I carry a sharpie steel ink pen and streamlight stylus pro in one shirt pocket. Comb in the other. Left pants pockets have a 100 Lumen LED Lenser M5 and right pocket holds my zippo (I don't smoke) and my kershaw leak.
My wallet is a zippo with rfid protection. In it besides the usual, I carry a Pamp Suiss gram of gold and 2 silver quarters I found in pocket change.
I don't carry a bag or other gear because I keep stashes in every vehicle and in my file cabinet at work.

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:35 pm

This is what I carry because over the years, this is what I've come to know works and covers everything I need in an EDC package.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:32 am

My pistol choice changes a bit based on clothing, but the rest stays the same. I'll put something together tomorrow morning.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Netto » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Hate to repost pics from another thread I started, but this is my everyday carry.

I work at a school, so no firearm.

When I'm not working, the pack is still with me everywhere I go ( trunk of my car, etc... ) , and I'll add my G27 or a 5 shot .357. The firearm and spare ammo is carried on me, not in the pack.

I carry with me everyday a small survival kit, FAK, a couple of knives - Usually a Mora or ESEE 3mil and a folder, a complete change or clothes, a flashlight, spare batteries, a shemagh and an extra Galco belly band. In addition to the one I wear.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Galco Instructors Ballistic Nylon Gun Belt: It was my first belt and it's still working perfectly. Never had a reason to replace it.

Ruger LCP + Fobus paddle holster: I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't like carrying a gun. I've tried a bunch of guns and a bunch of holsters and they just never get comfortable. Enter the LCP. It never got uncomfortable because I don't even feel it. This makes me more willing to carry. I love this gun. The Fobus is just a preference. Simple to use, virtually no parts to fail. I just don't like IWB.

Omron HJ-112 digital pedometer: I use this as a reminder to walk the path to better health, LITERALLY. I need to walk my belly off and this helps me to remember to do so. It has a 1 week memory and resets daily at midnight. Also serves as a pocket watch.

HTC One S Smartphone: Has many uses including survival and first aid apps and a saved offline version of my local Google maps so you can navigate even when your data connection is down.

Spyderco Delica 4: I've tried a bunch of different pocket knives and keep coming back to this beauty. The size, the feel, everything about it is perfect. It has the "Spyder" blade. Half regular for fine cutting and half serrated for rough cutting through anything. The serration is nice when the blade starts getting dull. It's always sharp on the serrations.

5.11 Tactical ATAC plx 2AAA cell flashlight: I have messed around with many carry lights and just love this one. It's a bit brighter than my previous choice of a Streamlight Stylus Pro. Has a higher quality feel to it and I like the pocket clip better. Very good battery life.

Keychain: I prefer a carabiner keychain for removal of things on the fly. I like to not have other keys hanging from the motorcycle as it gets scratched so the carabiner gives me a quick disconnecet. Paracord key fob: There are hundreds of reasons to carry paracord. Nice to always have a chunk on you. Leatherman Micra: Not really any justification needed for carrying a multi tool. One of my favorite things about this particular one is it is so small and light. It more than offsets it's tiny weight and size with it's value. I use it all the time. Photon Microlight II: Very good output for a tiny keychain flashlight. Uses replacable CR2016 Lithium cells for an excellent battery life. I use night vision green for the bulb color so I can use this for chekcing things in the car and still be able to see.

I tend to travel rather light but I am rarely more than a couple hundred feet from one of my vehicles and they both have additional gear and first aid kits ( Yes, even the bike ).

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 pm

There are a few items that you can guarantee I always have on me.

1. Wallet, always keep ID and CCDW on me and TRY to keep a $100 bill hidden in there for emergencies.
2. Streamlight protac 2L, 200 lumens fairly cheap and easy to carry
3. Keys, I'm bad about setting them down so I try to keep them clipped onto my belt loop with a leatherman clip
4. Can of timber wolf, cheap and keeps me going.
5.iPhone 5, helps me keep up to date with KAC and keep track of the wife and kids.
6. Belleville 330st boots, extremely comfortable and keep my toes attached. I wear them all day 365.

Now, when it comes to weapons you never really know what I'm carrying. I work at a gun shop so I carry all day long from sun up to sun down. I have different set ups for events and moods.

1. Minimalist, well concealed.
M&P shield in a Modified PJ holster, leatherman side kick and a spare mag. This setup hides well for me and the sidekick is small yet still very handy. I do also sometimes throw the shield in the sticky holster in a back pocket but rarely.

2. Everyday casual/ light carry
M&P shield in a comp tac CTAC holster with an ESEE 3, this is what gets carried the most because it is a small light and easy to carry setup. I forget its there it so comfortable.

3. Everyday casual/ medium carry
This is the second most carried setup, a little more fire power but a little more weight and size.
M&P full size cut down to a compact grip and ESEE 4 in a crossbreed. I haven't quite made up my mind on the cross breed. I believe it will be swapped for a CTAC soon.

4. Everyday casual/ heavy carry
M&P pro 5" with ESEE 4, a little more firepower and more size and weight.

5. For when I want to feel like a bad ass.
M&P pro with x300U carried OWB and 5.11 double mag carrier. Usually clip the leatherman in for this setup.

It really just depends on my mood and what I'm wearing. I don't have to worry about staying concealed at work so anything fly's. that should cover everything.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

costellow
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by costellow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:46 am

Let me start by saying I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets, but this is what I edc.

Front right pocket I have two sets of keys, (one for truck/house/and window breaker-seat belt cutter and one with other keys that aren't used as often, can opener, two pens, and benchmade 9100 clipped in my pocket.

-front right pocket is pretty self explanatory. Keys for the truck/house/other stuff, res-q-me keychain in case I have to cut a seatbelt or break the glass, can opener bc It's useful as a screwdriver as well as a can opener. Benchmade bc I got it on the cheap like way cheap. I use it for everything from opening mail/boxes to whittling etc. love it

4 o'clock I have my g19 loaded with golden saber 147 grain. Normally I carry in a milt sparks versa max II, but I've been trying out a comptac Minotaur and I'm liking it pretty good (really liking the fact that you can adjust the ride height.)

-I chose a g19 because it's compact and I'm fairly accurate with it, the golden saber bc it's what our local pd uses, and the Mtac because I got it on trade about a month ago and am trying it out.

Back right pocket is my checkbook and iPhone 5

-pretty self explanatory checkbook to pay for stuff and phone to be on here lol

Back left is my wallet.

-pretty much holds my CCDW, insurance, license, and debit cards

Front left is a g17 mag, surefire e2d led defender, lighter, and Burt's bees Chapstick. While I'm not working I carry an orange izula.

-g17 mag bc of moar ammo, e2d bc I had the first one and loved it this one is 200 lumens and 5 lumens, lighter to make fire

And all of this is held up by my awesome SonOfLiberty double thick gun belt. I am really hard on belts, and this one is the best I have ever had.

ETA not pictured are my Oakley flak jackets.

325MOUTguru wrote:In Soviet Russia instructor shoots you.
Tecumseh wrote:When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:03 am

This goes with me anytime I leave the house. Cooler was $7 at Walmart, has hard plastic liner in main compartment.
2013-06-09 10.49.24.jpg
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kyswede » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 am

Pocket survival kit, pocket saw, magnesium fire starter and compass go in front pocket. Everything else goes in main compartment. Still have room for CCDW pistol and extra mag if I need to leave in vehicle to go into courthouse. Pill bottle holds $11 in quarters, need to add some cotton balls soaked in Vaseline.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kyswede » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:23 am

Taurus PT-145 is my EDC loaded with 230 gr
JHP. Carried IWB or in front pocket depending on pants. Cheap folding knife used mainly for opening mail. Pocket keys have paracord fob. Belt keys have AR front sight tool and Mosin- Nagant screwdriver.
2013-06-09 11.15.11.jpg

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:08 pm

I am not entering contest but just sharing my edc. It changes as most do depending on weather/clothing. Iphone5 because it has maps, weather, compass, conversion tables, PHONE lol, radio, charger etc. a full size folding knife of good quality and rotate my knives for various clothing for example deep pocket carry or rugged serrations if I will be doing a lot of rope cutting. Glock 19 with 17 mag as back up using gold dots or Hornady TAP. It rides in a Comp Tac Minotaur holster at 4 o'clock which is by far my favorite iwb holster. Many keys in front pocket. Wallet with all of the goods. Watch, paracord bracelt (usually) Oakley polarized bottle rockets, Pelican 1920 light with pants clip, contact lens solution/eye drops, lens cleaning cloth, chap stick, pen, leatherman blast. Those are main things on me off the top of my head. I have a back pack in the car with more items like firestarter knife kit, shemagh, spare mags, light, para cord, poncho, emergency blanket, snacks/protein, etc can't think of all but I do know I need more medical items but they will be basic as I am not emt and wouldn't really help me directly though they might help someone rescue me.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:38 pm

With the exception of my phone (iPhone 4S in a Lifeproof case) which I used to take the pic, this is basically what goes with me every day. Wallet, contact drops, Oakley flack jackets, Paracord bracelet, GShock watch, stream light stylus pro light, SOG Mini Trident assisted opening knife, Wilderness Tactical instructors belt, crossbreed supertuck holster, XDM 9mm 3.8 compact loaded with Winchester ranger JHP and at least one spare full size mag. Sometimes it's two mags so the mag carrier changes depending on that. Other gun options are the XDM 4.5 with TLR-1 in a Spartan-Village kydex holster or a 642 in a pocket holster with a speed loader in another pocket.

This is what works for me and gives me a few options. Work is the only place I go without at the very least having the knife and light in my pocket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370817503.926525.jpg

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Alright guys. I apologize. I had an emergency at work last night and have been here all day again today. I'll post up the winner this evening when I get home. Thanks to all who participated.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Alright guys. VERY impressive posts. Thanks to everyone that responded. We've chosen one winner and two runners up.

The winner of the EDC contest is...

CHOPPERDOC!

Congratulations!!

The two runners up are Frailer and Costellow. Congrats to you guys as well.

ChopperDoc, pm me your address and let me know if you prefer Enemy at the Gates or Shooter and I'll ship out your DVD first.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 pm

congratd chopperdoc!

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 pm

WTG CD !!

costellow
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by costellow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 pm

congrats chopperdoc!
325MOUTguru wrote:In Soviet Russia instructor shoots you.
Tecumseh wrote:When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.

Return to “Giveaways”