Off to TG&G.....

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Off to TG&G.....

Post by KYgundude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 am

....to try out shooting rifles there. AR and AK now allowed but only on the end 2 lanes while seated.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Off to TG&G.....

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:41 am

KYgundude wrote:....to try out shooting rifles there. AR and AK now allowed but only on the end 2 lanes while seated.
For a function test close to home this sounds cool but for fun or training this sounds dumb.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Off to TG&G.....

Post by KYgundude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:24 pm

I agree Jack.
For me, I do a lot of indoor range shooting during the winter. I often drive 30 minutes to openrange so I can shoot a rifle or two while I'm there. TG&G allowing this now makes shooting much more affordable. I can do a 125 dollar 3 month all you can shoot membership with free FFLs and be allowed to shoot my AR and use steel ammo and only drive 3.1 miles. This is a win for me.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Off to TG&G.....

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Steel is definitely allowed?

1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Where is this openrange you speak of? I just recently discovered the TG&G range by members on this forum. I'm always looking for a new place to shoot. Would TG&G allow me to shoot my HK93 rifle?

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Off to TG&G.....

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:Where is this openrange you speak of? I just recently discovered the TG&G range by members on this forum. I'm always looking for a new place to shoot. Would TG&G allow me to shoot my HK93 rifle?
Crestwood on 146.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:Where is this openrange you speak of? I just recently discovered the TG&G range by members on this forum. I'm always looking for a new place to shoot. Would TG&G allow me to shoot my HK93 rifle?
TG&G new rules
http://www.kentuckyarmoryclub.com/viewt ... f=6&t=6713

Open Range
http://www.openrangesports.com/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 pm

jackalo626 wrote:Steel is definitely allowed?
POSITIVE!! I always shoot steel there and did today. Even discussed that fact with them. Steel cased ammo is fine with them. Much Russian love from TG&G!!

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:45 pm

I just noticed the prices on the openrange website.... wow.... crazy expensive...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:47 pm

One of the big reason many ranges don't allow steel case ammo is that they sweep up the brass and sell it. They don't like having to separate it.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:04 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:I just noticed the prices on the openrange website.... wow.... crazy expensive...
Not really unless you think TG&G is also expensive.

TG&G $10/half hour +$1 for a target
OpenRange $23/hour with a free target.

An hour at TG&G would be 21 with a target.

OpenRange is bigger, has computer controlled target tolleys, has a 100 yard rifle range, better ventilation and air conditioning, better sound dampening, they sweep up your brass for you, allows standing while shooting rifles and allows anything up to 50 BMG. TG&G is much closer, allows steel cased ammo which is a money saver and has much better memberships (not required at either) and sells a lot more affordable gear. Both have unique advantages. You should give them both a try and then see what works for you.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm

WLJ wrote:One of the big reason many ranges don't allow steel case ammo is that they sweep up the brass and sell it. They don't like having to separate it.
FACT
OpenRange told me they would have to pay for biohazard training and provide suits for their employees to separate the brass. I know you can run a magnet across it. This is just the justification they gave me. Most of the range officers are cool and will let you shoot steel in a revolver because you can dump it into a bag.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 pm

KYgundude wrote:
WLJ wrote:One of the big reason many ranges don't allow steel case ammo is that they sweep up the brass and sell it. They don't like having to separate it.
FACT
OpenRange told me they would have to pay for biohazard training and provide suits for their employees to separate the brass. I know you can run a magnet across it. This is just the justification they gave me. Most of the range officers are cool and will let you shoot steel in a revolver because you can dump it into a bag.
Yep, just run a magnet over it.

biohazard training and suits :roll:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm

I see a casing over there.
Hold on a minute, make sure your suit is airtight, remember what happen to the last guy who had a leak in his suit.
I think it's steel
Damn, now we have to call in the EPA. Evacuate the area!

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Off to TG&G.....

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Buds is 25 hour or 12.50 for half hour. Seems to be standard price in lexington.

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 pm

after several trips to both, i decided to join new haven.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Off to TG&G.....

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm

bigelowe wrote:after several trips to both, i decided to join new haven.
You can shoot what you want there which is good but it is an hour each way which costs $16-18 in gas alone and $5 range fee and you pick up your brass so it is more practical for Louisville people to go to indoor ranges.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 pm

i joined NH as well. i also have a KCGR membership(only becuase it was a gift). i prefer NH due to the atmosphere.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

RWillieK

Post by RWillieK » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:31 pm

No need for biohazard suits (or Level A suits in the photo above). Minimum you would need longer cuffed gloves and a respirator....My line of work....I sometimes work in the Level A suit as pictured above without the "Training Suit" lettering..

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Off to TG&G.....

Post by etownguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 pm

I prefer my woods :D

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Off to TG&G.....

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 pm

I prefer my back yard...haha The other oh, maybe .1% of the time it's Open Range for me. Not far from home, no ghetto ass gangsta sideways shooting shooters (I never feel like mine or someone around me's life is is in danger), not out of line on price for indoor range. SUPER nice place and pretty nice people as well. Some of their stuff is out of line on price but not all...

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm

N H is not to much further for me, i also like the friendly social atmosphere. no hourly rate if you want to go shoot alot and take your time doing so.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

1fastmach1

Off to TG&G.....

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
You can shoot what you want there which is good but it is an hour each way which costs $16-18 in gas alone and $5 range fee and you pick up your brass so it is more practical for Louisville people to go to indoor ranges.
Sorry but... Range in new haven you say? I'm around elizabethtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Off to TG&G.....

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 am

1fastmach1 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Sorry but... Range in new haven you say? I'm around elizabethtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a private shooting range and more info can be had by someone pm'ing you contact info. I don't have all of the contact info saved so I am sure one of our members will send you a pm.

Return to “Everything Else”