What's the conditions?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

What's the conditions?

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 am

My cousin and her husband want to meet me at Knob Creek and do a little shooting today. What are the entry conditions in the rain? Did they get the bridge built or do you have to drive through a creek or something? Will a Civic go or do I need to be in a truck is what I'm getting at...

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What's the conditions?

Post by Ian » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 am

Well... To be honest. I drove the integra up there when it was a gravel road. Your civic should make it. Your civic has probably seen more off-road time then jacks pilot with 3x the ground clearance.

As far as rain, its raining in fern creek/jtown now.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

What's the conditions?

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 am

Ian wrote:Well... To be honest. I drove the integra up there when it was a gravel road. Your civic should make it. Your civic has probably seen more off-road time then jacks pilot with 3x the ground clearance.

Cool. 38 mpg is much better than 20 when it's a 90-100 mile round trip for me...
Okay okay let's all respect Jack's 50 mpg 400hp minivan....:llama: haha

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Just got back from KCR. I drive a Ford Focus. No entry or exit problems but the road isn't the smoothest.

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 pm

It usually has to rain a lot harder and for a lot longer than this to cause the creek to run over the temp bridge.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

What's the conditions?

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Drive conditions are fine, shooting conditions were soso. They make you feel like your 8 years old. I am all for safety but damn... It felt more powertripish than it did concern for my safety also... I haven't been there in years and it is ALOT!!! different...

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

What's the conditions?

Post by nemo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Ahh, you've met the range nazi.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Ian wrote:Well... To be honest. I drove the integra up there when it was a gravel road. Your civic should make it. Your civic has probably seen more off-road time then jacks pilot with 3x the ground clearance.

Pssshhhh Ian my Pilot not only is as fast as your car it gets the same mileage!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:Drive conditions are fine, shooting conditions were soso. They make you feel like your 8 years old. I am all for safety but damn... It felt more powertripish than it did concern for my safety also... I haven't been there in years and it is ALOT!!! different...
Big reason LOTS of people don't go there anymore.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Sometimes it's fun watching him try and find the chamber in some bullpups to see if it has a flag in it. Gives me the dirtiest looks.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

What's the conditions?

Post by etownguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

One of many reasons I don't shoot there

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

What's the conditions?

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I'll stick to shooting in my back yard... No Paul Blart flunkies to give me shit if my orange flag isn't flying at the correct degree. Open Range is always there as a backup during this short daylight time. Good folks there. Just my opinion...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Heck, he yell at Dustin because his chamber flags didn't come from KCR. Other chamber flags aren't good enough.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm

I understand the need for safety, there has been some real dumb asses there, but good grief this doesn't mean you treat everyone like a 2 year old who just shit his pants.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

What's the conditions?

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

I agree WLJ. Definitely more powertrip than concern for everyone's safety are the way they came off to me. I had my AK on the table beside me and a spent 9mm casing was sitting on it between the flag and dust cover from where I was shooting beside it and he totally over reacted. THIER flag was in my 22/45 and does really fit that well and sits at an odd angle but was very obvious and visible that it was in the locked open chamber and he straightened it kinda and told me to make sure it looked like that...

Joe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Joe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 am

I told him to Kiss My @ss and havent been back

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am

Ever tried to talk to him? He glares at you like you owe him money, long overdue. As many have said here, not going back.

Return to “Everything Else”