Used car prices... WOW...

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Used car prices... WOW...

Post by Next » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Took my 2019 Honda Ridgeline in for an oil change the first of DEC. Guy up front says hey we would like to buy your truck it could be worth $36,000 and we see that you paid around $43,000. I told him to write up the numbers and we would could talk. I'm thinking my truck and $10K I could get a new ride... :D

They come back with $17,xxx and my truck. Long story short I end up taking off and then the next few weeks we get emails, calls and letters from GM and Owner that they want to try again. Yesterday I try to call the owner and the operator says he is never in and it is a marketing thing. I tell the lady I am willing to give them another shot, but I want to talk to a manager and not some sales guy that can't make a decision. Long story short they come up almost $4,000 on my trade and now I can cut a check for $13,000 and my truck for a new 2022. They said the 2019 Ridgelines are bringing $35,000 - $37,000 depending on condition.

My folks have a lease on a Toyota Van and put down $3,500 to get a $450 a month payment. They talk to a sales guy in Bowling Green that offers them $22,000 their van. I told them that they should be getting $10K more than the payoff and should not have to put any money down on a new lease since their Van only has 28,000 miles on it and is top of the line model wise. Long story short they get to the sales manager that comes up over $10K ($32,xxx trade) on the deal. No money down and payment goes down to $350 a month

If you have time to wait now is a good time to look at trading....

Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Used car prices... WOW...

Post by Elkins45 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:27 pm

I bought a new Ford Fiesta in the fall of 2019 at an insane blowout price. It was intended to be a second car for short trips and banging around and because of Covid I didn’t drive a ton. I sold it to a dealer this summer with almost 12k miles for almost $1000 more than I paid including taxes. The market is insane!

Return to “Everything Else”