Last National Gun Day in Lexington?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

Last National Gun Day in Lexington?

Post by Elkins45 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Anybody remember when Goodman used to have a NGD show in Lexington as well as Louisville? Does anybody remember when the last one was? It has to have been at least 15 years ago, I think.

Kenny Woods is now holding his Lexington show at the Horse Park so I guess the Convention Center has made it too difficult to hold a show there anymore.
These users liked the author Elkins45 for the post:
GotRDid
Rating: 12.5%

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0

Re: Last National Gun Day in Lexington?

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Goodman has sold out now. But the reason I understood that he didn't have shows in Kentucky anymore (I had attended his Nashville show since the early 80's) was due to some legal agreement he had and/or trouble he had and couldn't have them here anymore.

I thought the convention center had banned having gun shows there?

It also was probably getting cost prohibitive and the local Woods shows changed managers (I use to set up at them and the old manager is not around anymore) so that may explain some things. When Trump took office, it was a crux point and gun sales dropped because the threat of Hillary was gone. So dropped the gun show attendance and the dealers attendance at them. Lack of dealers and public makes you not able to afford a convention center so you start finding cheaper venues. Heck I went to the one they had in Shelbyville, reminded me of some old days it was so small.
These users liked the author Dave1965 for the post:
GotRDid

Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Elkins45 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm

I realized I used the wrong name. Ron Dickson is the National Gun Day guy. Goodman stopped having ANY shows in KY a long time ago too,p. I think he stopped even before Dickson gave up.

I wouldn’t surprise me if the convention center banned gun shows. Lexington is kind of a commie town anyway.
These users liked the author Elkins45 for the post:
GotRDid

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 pm

Elkins45 wrote:I realized I used the wrong name. Ron Dickson is the National Gun Day guy. Goodman stopped having ANY shows in KY a long time ago too,p. I think he stopped even before Dickson gave up.

I wouldn’t surprise me if the convention center banned gun shows. Lexington is kind of a commie town anyway.
Lexington is garbage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

These users liked the author jackalo626 for the post:
GotRDid

Return to “Everything Else”