Found this in my 6th grade son's orientation packet.

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Rescue9
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Found this in my 6th grade son's orientation packet.

Post by Rescue9 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 pm

My son is very firearm conscious. He's been taught at a young age the use of and dangers associated with misusing firearms. I don't need the school telling me what to do in my house. I will NOT participate in"the school's policy to eliminate guns and weapons". And while I will agree "to teach my children how to settle arguments without resorting to violence", I will also encourage my son that if he is being bullied, harassed, or beaten on his first action is to protect himself and beat the ever-loving shit out of his assailant until the threat is eliminated. I will NEVER teach my son to be the victim that the school systems expects him to be.

Original can be found here. I've underlined the portions I specifically have problems with and added block quote missing items I feel should be in the paperwork.

Contract for Elimination of Guns and Weapons from School

Guns and other weapons are clearly a hazard to a safe learning environment and the welfare of human beings. According to the National Center for Health Statics, everyday 14 young people, age 19 and under, are killed as a result of gw1 use. According to the Metropolitan Life Survey of the American Teacher, 199 3: Violence in American Schools, 11% of teachers and 23 o/o of students say they have been victims of violence in or near their schools. While the elimination of the guns and weapons from schools is the responsibility of all segments of the school and society, three individuals have especially crucial responsibility: the student, the principal, and the parent. This contract draws attention to the specific responsibility of them.

WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING COMMITMENTS:
Student:
• I agree not to bring a gun or any weapon to school or any school event.
• I will tell my peers to seek adult assistance when conflict situations begin to get out of control.
• I will not carry another person's gun or weapon. [at school or school functions.]
• If I see a gun or other weapon on campus or at a school event, I will alert an adult about its existence.
Student Signature: ________________________

Parent/Guardian
I will teach, including by personal example, my teenagers about the dangers and consequences of guns
and weapons use, and I will keep any guns and weapons I own under lock and away from my children
I will support the school's policy to eliminate guns and weapons and work with the school in developing programs to prevent violence.
• I will carry out my responsibility to teach my children how to settle arguments without resorting to
violence [unless necessary to defend himself], to encourage him/her to use those ideas when necessary, and to follow school guidelines for reporting weapons they see to an appropriate adult
Parent/Guardian Signature:______________________

Principal:
• I will ensure that students have an anonymous way to report to an adult any gun or weapon they see on
campus.
• I will promote conflict resolution instruction for all students as part of the curriculum.
• I will communicate the school policy on guns and weapons to all participants in the school community
and focus upon the responsibilities we all have.
• I will use the school's student leadership groups and student meetings to obtain ideas to develop a safe
school environment. ·
• I will report all guns and other weapons violations to .law enforcement officials, according to established procedures.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Found this in my 6th grade son's orientation packet.

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:04 am

WUT. That is some very left soy victim shit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:39 am

I'm not really seeing a problem as It seems to strictly refer to kids not bringing guns to school and learning how to resolve their problems in other ways which they should. But I do know these things are worth less than the paper they're written on.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:47 am

Agreed with Wilson, but at the same time i think it reinforces victim hood to kids. I have always taught my kids it is necessary to defend yourself and fight back against an attack. It is not ok to start a fight, by all means available, defend yourself.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:54 am

I am already required to have all firearms and ammunition under lock and key by the state of KY

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 am

guncrank1 wrote:I am already required to have all firearms and ammunition under lock and key by the state of KY
So I doubt I would agree to that.

Rescue9

Post by Rescue9 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:47 am

guncrank1 wrote:I am already required to have all firearms and ammunition under lock and key by the state of KY
Ffl, or foster parent rules?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Foster
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:00 pm

The issue with that document is not the language (most of it, anyway), but the guns = violence undertone is a big problem. I would not agree. That’s about all I’m willing to say on an open forum
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Rescue9

Post by Rescue9 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

PDM wrote:The issue with that document is not the language (most of it, anyway), but the guns = violence undertone is a big problem. I would not agree. That’s about all I’m willing to say on an open forum
Agree completely!

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:52 am

PDM wrote:Foster
PDM is correct

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 am

What do they want more, the student and parent to sign this, or the student at the school for the money?

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:55 am

son of liberty wrote:What do they want more, the student and parent to sign this, or the student at the school for the money?
And this, my friends, is why the tyrants are opposed to school choice
Tench Coxe

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 am

yeah that contract is about as good as a promise not to do wrong...

sign it Benjamin Franklin and send it back....

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 am

Sign it Ted Nugent or Charlton Heston.

Rescue9

Post by Rescue9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:37 pm

rustynuts wrote:Sign it Ted Nugent or Charlton Heston.
Sorry Dave..... I like Rusty's idea better. Tha ks man... Good idea!

Return to “Everything Else”