My email as hacked!

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

My email as hacked!

Post by kokopelli » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am

:evil:

my email that I've had for 19 years, with my Kokopelli handle apparently has been hacked and taken over...I called tech support and barely understood the guy, and it seems they have changed the name attached to the the account already... He had me send in a copy of my ID, hopefully they can get it back to me!

If I got ahold of whoever does this I think Id beat them within an inch of their life. I hate scumbags like this.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: My email as hacked!

Post by Dustin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 am

Turn on 2 factor authentication when you get it back. It make is a lot harder to hack.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:00 am

Dustin wrote:Turn on 2 factor authentication when you get it back. It make is a lot harder to hack.
yeah- I'll set up everything I can on it and make the password so convoluted no one could figure it out!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:12 am

Dustin wrote:Turn on 2 factor authentication when you get it back. It make is a lot harder to hack.
What is this? I'm techtarded...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 am

Niceguy wrote:
What is this? I'm techtarded...
You go to login and they text or email you a security code. So basically 2 step login

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 am

Get LastPass and you won’t have to remember that password. It’s free and generates passwords for you
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Rescue9
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

PDM wrote:Get LastPass and you won’t have to remember that password. It’s free and generates passwords for you
Keepass is opensource and free. Been using it for about 8 years now. Just pick a significantly long master password with whatever password manager you use. And remember..... The government can't hack long passwords quickly. Mine is 27 characters long and will take approximately 7.357972822428062e+28 years according to this site: https://random-ize.com/how-long-to-hack-pass/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by plumber_bob » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:23 pm

I use it on everything, except work. They have their own ways.
I like the text message numbers most. I can be irritating at times tho. Like when your'e in a hurry.

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

Return to “Everything Else”