KAC mechanic? need front controls arms installed...

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

KAC mechanic? need front controls arms installed...

Post by kokopelli » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:49 am

Anyone working on cars? I have an ‘05 Honda CRV I need front control arms, sway bar links and ball joints installed. I have the parts- new arms with bushings installed, but my tools are limited.
I need to find someone who can remove old/install new for me.
Front-left lower control arm bushing is completely ripped so time is not on my side...
:?:

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: KAC mechanic? need front controls arms installed...

Post by Next » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:26 pm

I use Autoworks in JTown just up from ECC. Ryan is very fair on pricing and does good work. He just replaced my wifes Radiator and cooling fan last week and a few months ago did the 100,000 mile service on my Acura.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks- but shops won’t do ‘brought in’ parts (because they can’t mark them up 50%), and I can’t afford ‘book’ hours at $95 per.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:12 pm

kokopelli wrote:Thanks- but shops won’t do ‘brought in’ parts (because they can’t mark them up 50%), and I can’t afford ‘book’ hours at $95 per.
Having been in the industry over 24 years, they still get you yo an extent unless you find someone that does it on the side. They use usually get you for more labor and always no warranty when you bring your own. Definitely not saying it's bad to supply your own parts, but unless you know the shop well, it usually is a small savings and zero warranty. Just a thought... I'll ask a buddy in J-Town that may do it on the side though. That's the closest to you that I can think of.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Yeah- looking for a side job mechanic. I know a guy but he’s moving and doesn’t have his new garage in order yet.
I could do it myself, and planned to, but my compressor isnt big enough to run the impact with enough torque, and still recovering from shoulder surgery I can’t muscle the bolts...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Joe Coleman. Send a message to Chicken Lady

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Sent you a text. Hopefully you have the same number.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:56 pm

kokopelli wrote:Yeah- looking for a side job mechanic. I know a guy but he’s moving and doesn’t have his new garage in order yet.
I could do it myself, and planned to, but my compressor isnt big enough to run the impact with enough torque, and still recovering from shoulder surgery I can’t muscle the bolts...
don't these rental places have big ones to rent?

I will be over that way after labor day for sure and could bring you my compressor if needed but you probably can't wait that long. Check craigslist, usually full of side mechanics. My regular mechanic here has no problem with bringing parts but you probably don't want to come this far.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks Dave...I’ve got Joe looking into it, and a couple other suggestions as well...I should know something this week.

Return to “Everything Else”