Most you have paid for a meal?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Most you have paid for a meal?

Post by BIGC » Fri May 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Speaking of eating out. Any recommendations for a good birthday dinner? Sarah's birthday is in 11 days and I'm trying to figure out where to take her.... Thinking about the Bardstown dinner train but I dont know on that one..
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm

BIGC wrote:Speaking of eating out. Any recommendations for a good birthday dinner? Sarah's birthday is in 11 days and I'm trying to figure out where to take her.... Thinking about the Bardstown dinner train but I dont know on that one..
You could check out Castle Post in Lexington. I've taken my wife there twice in the last few months and we were happy both times. Once for dinner and dancing and once for a murder mystery dinner.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Fri May 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Toddstang wrote:Chef at Outback makes about $10 per hour and could care less about medium well, plus the cuts of steak are about the same as your local Kroger butcher shop.
Chef at Jeff Ruby's graduated from Bellarmine with a Culinary Arts degree and makes about $25 an hour plus the cuts of steak are aged beef that melts in your mouth. The mac and cheese is all prepared there and not out of a Sysco box.
When you have a meal prepared by a true chef and not an 18 year old kid, there is a big difference. You pay for what you get. Just like that $10 Casio vs. a $5K Omega
This. There is a huge difference not only in the quality and preparation of a steak but also the skill of the kitchen staff between a fairly inexpensive chain restaurant and a good steak house. Doesn’t mean those outback steaks aren’t good, but they aren’t on the same level as Jeff Ruby’s or Eddie Merlot’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Fri May 11, 2018 4:29 pm

BIGC wrote:Speaking of eating out. Any recommendations for a good birthday dinner? Sarah's birthday is in 11 days and I'm trying to figure out where to take her.... Thinking about the Bardstown dinner train but I dont know on that one..
It’s not a $100 meal, but good food and a great date
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri May 11, 2018 4:33 pm

When I took the first bite of steak at Eddie Merlot’s Kim looked at me and said “I’ve seen that face before...did you just cum?” Lmao! I did not but damn that was a hell of a steak!!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Lol

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm

PDM wrote:

Wasn't sure.. I know the tickets are like $75 a person but I know thats not all meal... I'm thinking thats what we'll do, its what she actually asked for so...

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 pm

#doshitfoyobitch

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 pm

I will throw in a props for Mortons Charlie...couple hundred dollars should go ok there.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Fri May 11, 2018 9:16 pm

BIGC wrote:
PDM wrote:

Wasn't sure.. I know the tickets are like $75 a person but I know thats not all meal... I'm thinking thats what we'll do, its what she actually asked for so...
If that's what she asked for....
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Fri May 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I will throw in a props for Mortons Charlie...couple hundred dollars should go ok there.

Might save that one for our anniversary this year.. If we dont spend it in gatlinburg like we have the last 3 years......

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:49 am

Toddstang wrote:Chef at Outback makes about $10 per hour and could care less about medium well, plus the cuts of steak are about the same as your local Kroger butcher shop.
Chef at Jeff Ruby's graduated from Bellarmine with a Culinary Arts degree and makes about $25 an hour plus the cuts of steak are aged beef that melts in your mouth. The mac and cheese is all prepared there and not out of a Sysco box.
When you have a meal prepared by a true chef and not an 18 year old kid, there is a big difference. You pay for what you get. Just like that $10 Casio vs. a $5K Omega
Yeah the one chef needs to charge more to pay back his student loans.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:51 am

Marcus wrote:
BIGC wrote:
PDM wrote:

If that's what she asked for....
Word

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:54 am

BIGC wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:I will throw in a props for Mortons Charlie...couple hundred dollars should go ok there.

Might save that one for our anniversary this year.. If we dont spend it in gatlinburg like we have the last 3 years......
Where the hell you getting all this money from lol! You sell your kidney or something?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:54 am

PDM wrote:
None are $100 meals...

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:55 am

ssracer wrote:
This. There is a huge difference not only in the quality and preparation of a steak but also the skill of the kitchen staff between a fairly inexpensive chain restaurant and a good steak house. Doesn’t mean those outback steaks aren’t good, but they aren’t on the same level as Jeff Ruby’s or Eddie Merlot’s.

You'd fail a taste test.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:37 am

I understand what you’re saying but I also understand what jack is saying. When you look at a the Casio, does it not say the same time as the Omega? Yes, it does. Does the Omega give the owner a since of achievement in life? Absolutely. There was a time in my life not too long ago when a decent dinner at Outback was a real treat and I might have to save a couple weeks to pay for it. Now days,(and I’m not bragging at all) a nice dinner is Merlots or Ruby’s. That was unobtainable earlier in my life. So a nice dinner, to me, gives me the opportunity to reflect on where I’ve been and how hard I’ve had to work to get to a point where I CAN spend $200 on a meal. In the end, it all just makes a turd.
Using Tapatalk

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sat May 12, 2018 7:29 am

jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

All beer is beer why not just drink coors light

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sat May 12, 2018 7:35 am

jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

this from the guy who won’t even try an expensive steak to know if there is a difference.

I’m not going to drive a Porsche because I know a mustang is just as good and there’s no reason anyone should ever spend that kind of money on a car.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:07 am

ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

You dissapoint me to not know I am having fun with you of all people.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:09 am

ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

Bs anyways. Beer has different ingredients and a steak is a slice of a cow that all come from.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:12 am

ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

this from the guy who won’t even try an expensive steak to know if there is a difference.

I’m not going to drive a Porsche because I know a mustang is just as good and there’s no reason anyone should ever spend that kind of money on a car.

Bs again. They are made of very different materials. A Porsche has leather and suede interior and carbon fiber pcs that make it lighter and the engine has titanium on it for instance and a Mustang has playschool plastic interior, and basic aluminum used for things that some is even steel. These are just a few differences among many where they aren't physically the same.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:13 am

iron369 wrote:
I understand what you’re saying but I also understand what jack is saying. When you look at a the Casio, does it not say the same time as the Omega? Yes, it does. Does the Omega give the owner a since of achievement in life? Absolutely. There was a time in my life not too long ago when a decent dinner at Outback was a real treat and I might have to save a couple weeks to pay for it. Now days,(and I’m not bragging at all) a nice dinner is Merlots or Ruby’s. That was unobtainable earlier in my life. So a nice dinner, to me, gives me the opportunity to reflect on where I’ve been and how hard I’ve had to work to get to a point where I CAN spend $200 on a meal. In the end, it all just makes a turd.
I like you.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sat May 12, 2018 8:14 am

jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

You dissapoint me to not know I am having fun with you of all people.

im not allowed to have fun back? Lol

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Sat May 12, 2018 8:18 am

jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

Where the hell you getting all this money from lol! You sell your kidney or something?

Lol, Gatlinburg is like cheapest ofthe cheap vacations. We rent at the wilderness atthe smokiesin sevierville where the kids have that huge indoor water park and play for a few days.. usually less than 2k total forthe timewe go down there..

Return to “Everything Else”