Most you have paid for a meal?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Most you have paid for a meal?

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 am

BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Chef at Outback makes about $10 per hour and could care less about medium well, plus the cuts of steak are about the same as your local Kroger butcher shop.
Chef at Jeff Ruby's graduated from Bellarmine with a Culinary Arts degree and makes about $25 an hour plus the cuts of steak are aged beef that melts in your mouth. The mac and cheese is all prepared there and not out of a Sysco box.
When you have a meal prepared by a true chef and not an 18 year old kid, there is a big difference. You pay for what you get. Just like that $10 Casio vs. a $5K Omega
This. There is a huge difference not only in the quality and preparation of a steak but also the skill of the kitchen staff between a fairly inexpensive chain restaurant and a good steak house. Doesn’t mean those outback steaks aren’t good, but they aren’t on the same level as Jeff Ruby’s or Eddie Merlot’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You'd fail a taste test.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
this from the guy who won’t even try an expensive steak to know if there is a difference.

I’m not going to drive a Porsche because I know a mustang is just as good and there’s no reason anyone should ever spend that kind of money on a car.

Bs again. They are made of very different materials. A Porsche has leather and suede interior and carbon fiber pcs that make it lighter and the engine has titanium on it for instance and a Mustang has playschool plastic interior, and basic aluminum used for things that some is even steel. These are just a few differences among many where they aren't physically the same.

There’s a lot of difference in a steak on your plate from outback and from Eddie Merlot’s.
Cars all have 4 wheels and an engine. Steak all comes from a cow. It’s everything after that point that makes the difference.

But my point still stands...you’ve never even tried one to make that call. So it’s no different than me saying my Malibu gets me from point a to point b absolutely fine so even though I’ve never driven a Porsche anyone who buys one is just fucking stupid because there’s just no reason to spend that much on a car to accomplish the same thing that my less expensive car does just fine.

A car gets me where I need to go whether it’s cheap or expensive.
A steak fills me up and comes out as poop no matter how much it costs.
But is the experience and enjoyment the same at different price levels of either? No.

A lot of things wrong with this reply. First I still haven't said it didn't taste good or reference the quality of the steak one time. I have only referenced the price for the steak and that it is just a cow. A car is used for lots of things other than point a to b, such as racing, car shows, and investments (plenty of cars go up in value before you say or think of depreciation). A steak is bought and that is the end. The experience part and enjoyment level I did experience and you are not right about that for me either. I did have the same exact experience as everyone else in the place and it was weak as fuck. Actually weaker than other steak houses because it played some foo foo ass 30's music and had the same 20yr old waiters with pony tails and hand tattoos that would work at a Denny's. That is a fact and I would rather be at the steak houses I go to or a sports bar with tv's playing sports and working class people like myself any day over that one and that is my truth. I can't be told that I like the other one because the food cost more nor does the food costing more make anything better for me and quite the opposite. I have been changed as a person from this lol and my mind is blown that people pay this much for food. I really didn't have a clue of that. Repeating over and over that I don't care what people spend their money on and I'm not trying to stop them gets really old but one last time to make my point clearer. I just can't believe they do and I am shocked that more people do, especially when I hear these people are in debt etc. and complain about money. I never thought that food COULD EVEN cost that much is my point and my only point. This isn't a call to people to stop doing it or that I am giving out spending instructions.

Lot of things wrong with your reply as well. First production cars (or Outback level cars) do not do much more than get you from point a to b. If you want to race, car show or use as an investment you have to put the time and money into it as an investment (IE you have to be the Chef for your car) so therefore the experience and enjoyment is part of the investment in either a suped up car or a top notch steak.. Your basic off the line kroger steak is = to your basic off the line geo metro. neither bring much fun or excitement without a little spice....
Everything you just said here is completely wrong. So wrong I won't even spend time correcting this one.

HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah, sure....
Couldn't be more serious.

I couldnt either. Because you are not going to tell me you are going to take a civic, focus, metro, sonata (insert base model car here) off the floor with no mods and use it for anything other than a daily driver.
The most raced car in the world is a miata. Premium? 100k spent on even the scca ones? No not even close. You can race anything you want. There are 24 hours of lemons races where the cars are under $500 and so on and so on. I very much disagree with your analogy but it is yours.

Annnd a miata is considered a sports car (insurance and purchase wise) it is not a base family car for going from point a to b.... but hey thats just a technicality isnt it..... It is purpose built as an entry level sports car....
No not at all. You are so off the mark it hurts my brain. I'm not typing all this to even get you on the right track.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:46 am

Fs cow to public $1500, KAC price $9000.Image

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Sun May 13, 2018 11:47 am

jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Chef at Outback makes about $10 per hour and could care less about medium well, plus the cuts of steak are about the same as your local Kroger butcher shop.
Chef at Jeff Ruby's graduated from Bellarmine with a Culinary Arts degree and makes about $25 an hour plus the cuts of steak are aged beef that melts in your mouth. The mac and cheese is all prepared there and not out of a Sysco box.
When you have a meal prepared by a true chef and not an 18 year old kid, there is a big difference. You pay for what you get. Just like that $10 Casio vs. a $5K Omega
This. There is a huge difference not only in the quality and preparation of a steak but also the skill of the kitchen staff between a fairly inexpensive chain restaurant and a good steak house. Doesn’t mean those outback steaks aren’t good, but they aren’t on the same level as Jeff Ruby’s or Eddie Merlot’s.

You'd fail a taste test.

this from the guy who won’t even try an expensive steak to know if there is a difference.

I’m not going to drive a Porsche because I know a mustang is just as good and there’s no reason anyone should ever spend that kind of money on a car.

Bs again. They are made of very different materials. A Porsche has leather and suede interior and carbon fiber pcs that make it lighter and the engine has titanium on it for instance and a Mustang has playschool plastic interior, and basic aluminum used for things that some is even steel. These are just a few differences among many where they aren't physically the same.

There’s a lot of difference in a steak on your plate from outback and from Eddie Merlot’s.
Cars all have 4 wheels and an engine. Steak all comes from a cow. It’s everything after that point that makes the difference.

But my point still stands...you’ve never even tried one to make that call. So it’s no different than me saying my Malibu gets me from point a to point b absolutely fine so even though I’ve never driven a Porsche anyone who buys one is just fucking stupid because there’s just no reason to spend that much on a car to accomplish the same thing that my less expensive car does just fine.

But is the experience and enjoyment the same at different price levels of either? No.

A lot of things wrong with this reply. First I still haven't said it didn't taste good or reference the quality of the steak one time. I have only referenced the price for the steak and that it is just a cow. A car is used for lots of things other than point a to b, such as racing, car shows, and investments (plenty of cars go up in value before you say or think of depreciation). A steak is bought and that is the end. The experience part and enjoyment level I did experience and you are not right about that for me either. I did have the same exact experience as everyone else in the place and it was weak as fuck. Actually weaker than other steak houses because it played some foo foo ass 30's music and had the same 20yr old waiters with pony tails and hand tattoos that would work at a Denny's. That is a fact and I would rather be at the steak houses I go to or a sports bar with tv's playing sports and working class people like myself any day over that one and that is my truth. I can't be told that I like the other one because the food cost more nor does the food costing more make anything better for me and quite the opposite. I have been changed as a person from this lol and my mind is blown that people pay this much for food. I really didn't have a clue of that. Repeating over and over that I don't care what people spend their money on and I'm not trying to stop them gets really old but one last time to make my point clearer. I just can't believe they do and I am shocked that more people do, especially when I hear these people are in debt etc. and complain about money. I never thought that food COULD EVEN cost that much is my point and my only point. This isn't a call to people to stop doing it or that I am giving out spending instructions.

Lot of things wrong with your reply as well. First production cars (or Outback level cars) do not do much more than get you from point a to b. If you want to race, car show or use as an investment you have to put the time and money into it as an investment (IE you have to be the Chef for your car) so therefore the experience and enjoyment is part of the investment in either a suped up car or a top notch steak.. Your basic off the line kroger steak is = to your basic off the line geo metro. neither bring much fun or excitement without a little spice....
Everything you just said here is completely wrong. So wrong I won't even spend time correcting this one.

I couldnt either. Because you are not going to tell me you are going to take a civic, focus, metro, sonata (insert base model car here) off the floor with no mods and use it for anything other than a daily driver.
The most raced car in the world is a miata. Premium? 100k spent on even the scca ones? No not even close. You can race anything you want. There are 24 hours of lemons races where the cars are under $500 and so on and so on. I very much disagree with your analogy but it is yours.

Annnd a miata is considered a sports car (insurance and purchase wise) it is not a base family car for going from point a to b.... but hey thats just a technicality isnt it..... It is purpose built as an entry level sports car....
No not at all. You are so off the mark it hurts my brain. I'm not typing all this to even get you on the right track.

The Mazda Miata is not only technically a sports car, it is actually a sports car. The Family Guy line may be referring to the fact that the Miata is not the quickest, most agile, most powerful, etc, etc, etc, — roadster on the market.
Is the Mazda Miata technically a sportscar? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Mazda-Miat ... -sportscar
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:48 am

BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:

You'd fail a taste test.

The Mazda Miata is not only technically a sports car, it is actually a sports car. The Family Guy line may be referring to the fact that the Miata is not the quickest, most agile, most powerful, etc, etc, etc, — roadster on the market.
Is the Mazda Miata technically a sportscar? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Mazda-Miat ... -sportscar
You aren't even in the conversation you are so far in the outfield.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Sun May 13, 2018 1:15 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Vividia wrote:I am mildly amused by the turn in this thread.

As i mentioned earlier, our dinner for 4 was $1,000, and that was less than we paid for the concert tickets, and definitely less than we paid for the hotel rooms. Actually, the cheapest part of the weekend was the airfare LOL. This was a bucket list weekend.

The decor and ambiance were great, the service excellent and well informed, the wine pairing perfect and the food absolutely fabulous. All what i would expect, and demand, for this kind of non-chump-change.

The point of the weekend was not just a good meal, it was making a memory. The weekend was planned 7 months in advance, but life happens. It ended up being only 6 weeks after my sister and brother in law lost a son at 19, and was the first time they went out and did something for themselves. We all needed it, badly.

The meal was part of the experience, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Was it expensive? Yep. Could we have obtained sustenance at McDonalds for $10? Yep. But could we have had the same experience? Nope.

For me, keeping things in perspective is important. Going to very high end places is as much or more for the experience as it is for the food.

The value of the experience we had, and the memory we made? Priceless!!!!!
The experience was worse for me. Borderline awful. I have heard a few in here basically equate the amount you spend to the amount of enjoyment that is had. I very much disagree. I won't argue you all had a good time but it was playing swing music in a mostly quiet restaurant. That isn't my thing and getting a bill with extra 0's don't make it so.

I have to agree with you. I had a better time at Del frescos than Eddies. But i dinned with different people. Also only spend $80 per plate vs 100+. I don’t think it would have been the same as going to Texas road house. There is more to dinning out than just the food. I have cooked steaks that could rival both places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Dustin wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

As i mentioned earlier, our dinner for 4 was $1,000, and that was less than we paid for the concert tickets, and definitely less than we paid for the hotel rooms. Actually, the cheapest part of the weekend was the airfare LOL. This was a bucket list weekend.

The decor and ambiance were great, the service excellent and well informed, the wine pairing perfect and the food absolutely fabulous. All what i would expect, and demand, for this kind of non-chump-change.

The point of the weekend was not just a good meal, it was making a memory. The weekend was planned 7 months in advance, but life happens. It ended up being only 6 weeks after my sister and brother in law lost a son at 19, and was the first time they went out and did something for themselves. We all needed it, badly.

The meal was part of the experience, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Was it expensive? Yep. Could we have obtained sustenance at McDonalds for $10? Yep. But could we have had the same experience? Nope.

For me, keeping things in perspective is important. Going to very high end places is as much or more for the experience as it is for the food.

The experience was worse for me. Borderline awful. I have heard a few in here basically equate the amount you spend to the amount of enjoyment that is had. I very much disagree. I won't argue you all had a good time but it was playing swing music in a mostly quiet restaurant. That isn't my thing and getting a bill with extra 0's don't make it so.

I have to agree with you. I had a better time at Del frescos than Eddies. But i dinned with different people. Also only spend $80 per plate vs 100+. I don’t think it would have been the same as going to Texas road house. There is more to dinning out than just the food. I have cooked steaks that could rival both places.

This.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun May 13, 2018 9:06 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

I can have a great time and good food at Longhorns, but it will never rival what I had at Maple and Ash. Nor would i expect it to. Remember i mentioned the perfect wine pairing. If one does not drink, that would not matter a whit. But for those of us who enjoy a fine wine, it was heavenly, and a chunk of the bill. I do expect to pay more at Maple and Ash than i would at Longhorns. But my expectations are exponentially higher, as well.

I don't have to spend big $$ to feel good about a meal, or anything else in which i participate. But I am prepared to pay for quality.

To each his (or her) own LOL.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I can have a great time and good food at Longhorns, but it will never rival what I had at Maple and Ash. Nor would i expect it to. Remember i mentioned the perfect wine pairing. If one does not drink, that would not matter a whit. But for those of us who enjoy a fine wine, it was heavenly, and a chunk of the bill. I do expect to pay more at Maple and Ash than i would at Longhorns. But my expectations are exponentially higher, as well.

I don't have to spend big $$ to feel good about a meal, or anything else in which i participate. But I am prepared to pay for quality.

Absolutely. I drink wine too, which box is your favorite? Hahah jk of course bit i do drink wine. Pinot noir is fav style. Have several bottles on hand always. Dark rums are fav liquor and ipa's are fav beer. Money doesn't equate to experience is all the thread has been about for me and everyone has a price that is too high for any experience and I just am conveying my limit is under most here apparently for food by far. Lots of people have blind taste tests on wine and when they have been told (a lie to which is more expensive) they pick the alleged higher priced wines as best based on psychology of the human equating price for perceived value. I could have said it all nicer and more subtle and got my point across without getting people irate but where would that be me and what fun would that be? Let me borrow $20?

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Sun May 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I love the tempura fried asparagus at Longhorns.. Longhorn is one of my favorite places for a good steak..

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Absolutely. I drink wine too, which box is your favorite? Hahah jk of course bit i do drink wine. Pinot noir is fav style. Have several bottles on hand always. Dark rums are fav liquor and ipa's are fav beer. Money doesn't equate to experience is all the thread has been about for me and everyone has a price that is too high for any experience and I just am conveying my limit is under most here apparently for food by far. Lots of people have blind taste tests on wine and when they have been told (a lie to which is more expensive) they pick the alleged higher priced wines as best based on psychology of the human equating price for perceived value. I could have said it all nicer and more subtle and got my point across without getting people irate but where would that be me and what fun would that be? Let me borrow $20?

The wine was 2011 Argiano Brunello di Montalcino. (took a photo on phone) It was all velvety richness, and the perfect pairing with the filet. The bone in the filet gives it a much richer flavor, and the wine brought it right out. Italian wines are often underrated. French ones are often overrated LOL. Not too fond of German wines except for whites. No reason, just my taste. Australian wines are usually great value for pretty good quality.

Believe it or not, I am a woman with a relatively simple life and simple tastes. Like most here, I work hard, and once in a while i may just treat myself to something outlandish. Often, i work a bargain and i am kind of a cheapskate. I have a few guilty pleasures, who doesn't? I have no kids and I don't want to be the richest person in the graveyard LOL.

Most of the time, i agree with your point of view. If nothing else, I know it will be a lively discussion!
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

The wine was 2011 Argiano Brunello di Montalcino. (took a photo on phone) It was all velvety richness, and the perfect pairing with the filet. The bone in the filet gives it a much richer flavor, and the wine brought it right out. Italian wines are often underrated. French ones are often overrated LOL. Not too fond of German wines except for whites. No reason, just my taste. Australian wines are usually great value for pretty good quality.

Believe it or not, I am a woman with a relatively simple life and simple tastes. Like most here, I work hard, and once in a while i may just treat myself to something outlandish. Often, i work a bargain and i am kind of a cheapskate. I have a few guilty pleasures, who doesn't? I have no kids and I don't want to be the richest person in the graveyard LOL.

Most of the time, i agree with your point of view. If nothing else, I know it will be a lively discussion!
Yay best friends! Now about that $20....lol

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon May 14, 2018 7:50 am

I can't believe this thread is still going. I think you guys have beaten the horse to the point where it's now fertilizer and have moved on to beating cows, chickens, goats, ducks and all the other barnyard animals.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Most you have paid for a meal?

Post by ssracer » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am

rustynuts wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going. I think you guys have beaten the horse to the point where it's now fertilizer and have moved on to beating cows, chickens, goats, ducks and all the other barnyard animals.
Fuck yo barnyard...old McDonald can kiss my ass
:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

You choke a chicken you don’t beat it.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon May 14, 2018 10:53 am

jackalo626 wrote:
Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Vividia wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Yay best friends! Now about that $20....lol

HAHA!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am

Dustin wrote:You choke a chicken you don’t beat it.

This guy knows what's up! haha

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:19 pm

rustynuts wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going. I think you guys have beaten the horse to the point where it's now fertilizer and have moved on to beating cows, chickens, goats, ducks and all the other barnyard animals.
Get out of my thread then and keep your complaining to yourself, nugget eater.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 am

:D

1fastmach1
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:07 pm

1 million dollars!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:Image

1 million dollars!
Hahahaha

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I will throw in a props for Mortons Charlie...couple hundred dollars should go ok there.

I set reservations for 2, for Sarah's birthday.. 6:30pm..

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm

BIGC wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:I will throw in a props for Mortons Charlie...couple hundred dollars should go ok there.

What happened to the dinner train chucklehead?
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Marcus wrote:
BIGC wrote:

What happened to the dinner train chucklehead?

couldnt get tickets for the time I wanted/needed.. Everything was already booked up so I went with next option... I'll just surprise her with the dinner train another time..

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 pm

For what its worth I'll throw my experience in. Take it or leave it.

We were in Vegas this January and my business partner's wife booked a couple of dinners. The first was at a place called Carnevino at the Palazzo casino, they raved about it since they went there a year ago.

The bill was around 2000 by the time we were done. I would say my steak was ok, but I've had better in my back yard. Apparently we were paying for the experience and that included being talked down to by our waiter.

The next night we went to the Gordon Ramsey steak place at the Paris casino because they also raved about it. Again about 2000 dollars by the time we were done, but at least here I was able to drink some nice, slightly overpriced whiskey ($200/oz).

The meal was infinitely better than at Carnevino, but there was still the fact that the staff acted like we were lucky to be there.

After the Gordon Ramsey experience I can at least say I wasn't hungry when we left.

The next night mkwife and I peeled off from the group dinner thing and went our own way. We went to a place called Xavier's in the Aria hotel and had a much better steak and overall better time. The bill was still steep at around 300 bucks but she drank good wine, I drank Bulleit, and we both had exceptional steaks with Mexican style sides. Big plus to the 30 ft chainsaw carved wall for decor. Google it.

My favorite restaurant local to me always ends up being around 150-200 bucks for us to go on a date. Its a Cajun type joint where they have great appetizers and mains, and they have a reasonable selectionof bourbon and fancy drinks for her. Plus the music is cool, if they don't have a live band they play good tunes.

Return to “Everything Else”