Most you have paid for a meal?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Most you have paid for a meal?

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:39 pm

I was taken to Eddie Merlot's for my mil and aunt by marriage bday and my mind has been blown! Seriously had a life changing event and can't stop thinking about it. It's like gravity stopped working. Before you answer just know I am calling you a retard of it is anywhere near what this place charges. They tried to force me to get steak because they know I love it but I saw the menu and still can't wrap my head around it. I got the smallest cheapest salad they had and a water so I am not commenting on how good it was nor do I care to talk about what is good, I just want to know about how much you have paid for a meal and what your limit is to where you think a line is drawn with prices. I want to reiterate because I need you all to understand that I have had my reality shaken with what those prices were.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Most you have paid for a meal?

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Prolly $125 for two heads at McGuire’s pub in Pensacola Florida. I’ve swiped my company Amex for customer entertainment at some high end joints though. Eddies being one of them. It’s pretty good food. Not cheap though.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Around $150 for Jennifer and me at Morton's the Steakhouse in Louisville.

Went for an anniversary dinner. Luckily she had received a $125 gift cert for the place from work so out of pocket was only $25 or so.

It was good but not my style. $150 for us would pay for 3-4 nice dinners at places I would rather go to.
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Probably $150 for two people. 5 course meal at oak room in the sealbach with drinks. Not including tip.

But avg for my family of 4 is about $50 or $60 for dinner out.

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Tue May 08, 2018 9:25 pm

I paid $350 for Livewife and I to eat at The Top of the World Restaurant in the stratosphere in Vegas.

The meal was amazing and the view was even better. The restaraunt rotates and you get a 360° view of Vegas lights.

It would have been cheaper without alcohol but it was a one time thing.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue May 08, 2018 9:36 pm

I think I paid $16 for a steak and tenders meal at cheddars once...lol
:llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Livewire wrote:I paid $350 for Livewife and I to eat at The Top of the World Restaurant in the stratosphere in Vegas.

The meal was amazing and the view was even better. The restaraunt rotates and you get a 360° view of Vegas lights.

............w....t........f

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm

I have not felt poor since a kid but after hearing and seeing these replies, I feel poor honestly.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue May 08, 2018 9:56 pm

I honestly don’t know, but for my wife and I together...probably around $250. But it’s highly unusual for us to exceed double digit meal prices.

I don’t mind paying up if the food and experience are truly excellent, but my go-to meal in most restaurants is a cheeseburger, a Caesar salad , and a draft beer.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue May 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Wife and I had probably the best and most expensive meal we’ve ever eaten in Vegas at Strip Steak inside Mandalay Bay a couple years ago. Before the tip, the meal was around $175. Two amazing steaks, a couple sides, a couple cocktails, and dessert. Ordinarily, we eat cheap. Occasionally, to splurge is nice.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Frailer wrote:I honestly don’t know, but for my wife and I together...probably around $250. But it’s highly unusual for us to exceed double digit meal prices.

I don’t mind paying up if the food and experience are truly excellent, but my go-to meal in most restaurants is a cheeseburger, a Caesar salad , and a draft beer.
I guess people really still surprise me. As in the things they like and the scale of things they judge by. Example, when I have a steak from Outback or a burger at a pub, they are 10's to me and I am fully happy. I don't have an 11 spot to move to (Spinal Tap ftw) and I don't leave those places feeling I got lesser food or that somewhere else will be better if I spend 20x worth. My face at the menu was like a redneck trying to make sense of someone speaking Japanese to them.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Livewire wrote:I paid $350 for Livewife and I to eat at The Top of the World Restaurant in the stratosphere in Vegas.

............w....t........f

'

We have gone over this before and you have chided people about it and how much they spent. I will relate ours and cry fowl if you want but I don't give a flip, its my money, I will do what I want with it. And yes it was in Louisville, I consider it a bright spot in the thorns :/.

For the 25th anniversary, I asked for recommendations here for some nice place to go. A consensus was MORTONS in downtown Louisville. It was on a weekday so I called that day and made reservations, they said it would be no problem and asked if it was a special occasion so I told them. We got there probably at 630 and had valet parking and were only two or three tables occupied inside when we entered. I told them our names and they said they had been waiting for us. They took us to the table and gave us a Personalized menu with our names on it and 25th Anniversary and all printed on it. Really nice stuff. They didn't charge for it, they just did it.

We each had a nice perfectly cooked steak, I think we had like 4 sides total (they charge everything ala carte) and then we had a dessert each. We also each had a couple of cocktails early in the meal. (no gravely expensive bottle of champagne, just a couple normal type drinks). In between the meal and dessert, they came out and took a picture of us together and went back and printed a large print of it and put it in a folder for us to keep to commemorate the occasion (no charge for the picture). It was a nice experience and we were there for a while.

The total for the food was like 375 and we gave the waitress a 75 dollar tip. So the whole meal was $450 total paid. I paid cash. We were stuffed and just slightly buzzed so afterward we walked over to some artsy museum next door and wandered around for a while til it was no problem to go home.

I could have really cared less about doing all that but the wife loved it and enjoyed it and its a lasting memory for her as well. A nice night out on the town, so for her memory, it was worth it as well.

(to relate it to gun stuff, I have the same amount of money in a collapsible FN FAL stock, that is sitting somewhere in my house and now of no use to me as I sold my FAL to a friend of mine who just had to have it).

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Dave gets it. That memory is of much greater value than some gadget
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Tue May 08, 2018 11:09 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I have not felt poor since a kid but after hearing and seeing these replies, I feel poor honestly.

Word. That’s how I feel about phones
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 am

PDM wrote:Dave gets it. That memory is of much greater value than some gadget
It's not about gadgets, people are spending what some people make in a few days to a week on a steak and green beans and its wild to me. You can buy the same steak and green beans at a butcher for $30 just add fire. It's not the "experience" I understand but the price is so inflated it boggles my mind. In relation to guns it is like a Glock is $450 at the lgs but you can buy one at a shop that is darker inside for $1200 to have the "experience". It isn't my money people are spending so it isn't like I am effected by it, I am just shocked at what some people pay and this thread is meant to be mostly funny but a little bit of an experience too....lol

samb.

Post by samb. » Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 am

http://www.ristorantemiky.it/index.html

I had dinner here. I never actually totalled my bill and I was afraid to at the time. I think each course was about 50 euros. So I was in pretty deep maybe $250 in the end when I walked out.

Edit: While it was cool and all I would rather have the $250.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 am

Eddie Merlot's it was about $150 or so. It ruined stake for me for a while. I just couldn't find one that was as good as the one I got there.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Wed May 09, 2018 7:13 am

J. Alexander's Stoney River, around $140 fire sarah and I, and it was by far one of the best steaks I have had..
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Wed May 09, 2018 7:41 am

The most I ever spent was 29 years ago, when I was still married. We took some friends out to celebrate something or other and it cost me $310 or so before the tip. According to the inflation calculator, that would be $634.21 today.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 am

jackalo626 wrote:
It's not about gadgets, people are spending what some people make in a few days to a week on a steak and green beans and its wild to me. You can buy the same steak and green beans at a butcher for $30 just add fire. It's not the "experience" I understand but the price is so inflated it boggles my mind. In relation to guns it is like a Glock is $450 at the lgs but you can buy one at a shop that is darker inside for $1200 to have the "experience". It isn't my money people are spending so it isn't like I am effected by it, I am just shocked at what some people pay and this thread is meant to be mostly funny but a little bit of an experience too....lol

I don't think you understood the analogy. I have gadgets/comics/jewelry/guns/ammo whatever.....worth 450 or more that sit around my house....doing nothing and that I use or abuse either very little or none...or have no use for (such as the stock, or the 3 SAW barrels in my office) so if I buy a good memory for my wife and I or have a night out for her to enjoy, the money spent has far far exceeded what I spent on those tangible assets around the house or MAY ...MAY... ever reap from the money spent on them.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 am

Dustin wrote:Eddie Merlot's it was about $150 or so. It ruined stake for me for a while. I just couldn't find one that was as good as the one I got there.
That is what I told my mil as to why before I even new prices as to why I didn't want. Why tease myself for something I could never do.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 am

My CIO bought my dinner. We might go for an anniversary or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 am

Pretty sure mine was Eddie Merlot’s for Kim’s birthday last year. Went all out and had an amazing time. Bottle of wine, appetizer, steaks and sides. Bill was somewhere over $200 with tip, don’t remember the exact amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 am

It's all about priorities.

Some folks like expensive automatic watches that keep time less accurately than a $12 Timex quartz.

Some folks spend thousands on add-ons for their vehicle that do nothing to enhance its ability to take you from point A to point B.

Some folks like to buy guns that will only fulfill their intended purpose if the zombie apocalypse happens.

Etc. Etc.

It's only money, and it's all cool. As long as you're not in debt, keep a roof over your family's head and food on the table you're doing it right.
Last edited by Frailer on Wed May 09, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 am

The memory is the people you're with. I would rather go to Roosters and spend $15 with good friends than spend $250 for something I'm just going to poop out the next day that didn't (IMHO) make my friends/loveones/etc any more my friends etc.
It's the people you're with that makes the meal good, not the price IMHO. But hey, if spending $250 for a meal floats your boat, who am I to argue? Not saying I don't enjoy a good meal once in awhile.

Remember a study that was done a while back with wine where they took the cheapest local wine and on half of the bottles switched out the labels for some way over priced French brand which was then priced accordingly and served them at a restaurant and had the customers fill out a survey after the meal. The bottles with the expensive labels were nearly consistency rated as excellent while the bottles with the cheap labels were nearly consistency rated poor. Food (pun!) for thought on how the price can color your perception of things.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Return to “Everything Else”