Most you have paid for a meal?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
jgordon924
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Most you have paid for a meal?

Post by jgordon924 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:53 am

Depends on the occasion and where I'm at.
The wife and I regularly go to Jeff Ruby's, it's our favorite restaurant in Louisville. Bills usually average $150-200(sometimes higher) but you could squeeze that down if you eliminate wine and bourbon. The most I've personally paid for a meal was at Gordon Ramsay Steak in Las Vegas, 3 people, dinner and drinks, roughly $500-600. Friends in Vegas, having a good time, enjoying life, I didn't care.

I love a 12oz steak at Texas Roadhouse, I love a 12oz steak at Jeff Ruby's. Are they both 12oz steaks? Yes. Are they both the same in quality, flavor, etc? No.

Based on my experiences locally, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Buck's are all worth the cost.
Eddie Merlot's and Le Moo are not. Just my opinion.

I've been to Eddie Merlot's once, I won't be going back. Personally, I didn't care for the meal, couldn't justify the cost and the valet was kind enough to curb my car's wheel for me. Just not a great experience.

As long as bills are paid, do whatever you want with your money. Life isn't always about what you need, sometimes it's about what you want.

Return to “Everything Else”