'Helping Heroes' ...set up in front of Walmart in Middletown

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

'Helping Heroes' ...set up in front of Walmart in Middletown

Post by kokopelli » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Anyone know anything about this outfit? They have been set up in front of the Walmart in Middletown several times over the last few months.

I got a snide remark for the second time from one of the guys this afternoon- They ask "do you want to help veterans?" (...I'm always polite to whoever is collecting- Girl Scouts, Salvation Army, whatever....) and say "no thank you". The guy murmured something like "that's ok, other people will support freedom" or something along those lines.

If that guy had any idea of the sacrifices I've made...but I don't waste my time engaging idiots like that, so I just kept walking. I would like to find out more about the organization, though. I know that these 'charities' are legally allowed to keep 50% of whatever they take in here in Kentucky, and also deduct their 'operating expenses' from donations. There is another charity called Active Heroes that I am aware of that has mis-management and misuse of their donations, along the lines of what Wounded Warriors was doing.

Anyway, I hate these so-called charities that are just a bunch of thieves...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Re: 'Helping Heroes' ...set up in front of Walmart in Middle

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Weren't they listed as a for profit group? I think it was them that keeps like 70% and donates 30%. I may be wrong.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:30 pm

One guy sets up at all the gun shows from RK. Does something similar and seems to intimidate. I am 80% sure the veterans he is helping is himself.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Ya i have seen those guys. They seem rude. Same 2 guys set up there a few times a year
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:19 am

I couldn't find their 501C status. Hmm

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Everything Else”