Another shop closing?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Another shop closing?

Post by Rem700 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:32 am

WLJ wrote:Food for thought
Anyone remember Mayor Fischer saying he was going to do something about guns in the city?
Since then.
Lotus closed (but they were already had one foot the grave I will admit)
Shooters stopped selling guns
And now this with 111.
Gun stores are the problem! :llama:

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:29 am

According to national statistics sites, ~88,000/year die of alcohol related deaths versus ~14,500/year from guns. Not that one group is more precious than another, just the social media driven focus would be better spent elsewhere.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 am

nemo wrote:According to national statistics sites, ~88,000/year die of alcohol related deaths versus ~14,500/year from guns. Not that one group is more precious than another, just the social media driven focus would be better spent elsewhere.
good luck with that. More people are also killed with knives every year than with all types of rifles, yet “assault rifles” are an evil weapon of war that’s too dangerous to be on the streets....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 am

...and hammers/bats/any other object

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am

Criminals murder more people than any other group. Lets start a political action group and have some marches and protests calling for new laws to ban them. It's for the children.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:37 pm

WLJ wrote:Criminals murder more people than any other group. Lets start a political action group and have some marches and protests calling for new laws to ban them. It's for the children.
No what we should do is ban the people criminals murder. That way nobody gets murdered. Problem solved.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Still closed today.
Sign still said closed for the remainder of the week.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 pm

WLJ wrote:Still closed today.
Sign still said closed for the remainder of the week.

just put up a wifi camera for updates :o

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by irishrob » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:26 pm

How long can this audit go on before it becomes too unprofitable for her to reopen. At least 2 weeks now with no income but they still have all the bills.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 pm

I hope things work out- they're my favorite local gunshop!

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:26 pm

irishrob wrote:How long can this audit go on before it becomes too unprofitable for her to reopen. At least 2 weeks now with no income but they still have all the bills.
Me thinks that’s most of the stragity of the audit.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Winner » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:15 pm

Well when they open we'll all have to go buy something to show our support.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 pm

they seemed to have had a number of consignment guns in there. I might not be too happy if one of them was mine and I couldn't get it or anything.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:39 am

Few years back Whittakers went through an audit. They had a table set up in back with four people going over 4473's but they were still open.

ECC guns is just up the street if you need your fix. Nice people and great prices.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 am

Next wrote:Few years back Whittakers went through an audit. They had a table set up in back with four people going over 4473's but they were still open.

ECC guns is just up the street if you need your fix. Nice people and great prices.

My LGS said yesterday (and has been my experience) that when they do an audit of him, it is a week long process but they are still open for business. Have seen this at the even local-er shop here in my little town. Two or three swoop in, disturb all the paperwork and leave after several days.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:36 am

Dave1965 wrote:
Next wrote:Few years back Whittakers went through an audit. They had a table set up in back with four people going over 4473's but they were still open.

My LGS said yesterday (and has been my experience) that when they do an audit of him, it is a week long process but they are still open for business. Have seen this at the even local-er shop here in my little town. Two or three swoop in, disturb all the paperwork and leave after several days.

Pretty sure there is more to the story here. Haven't ordered any new in two months so most everything is on floor I bet. Lots of higher end AR stuff in a slow market. The expanded store post break in which raises overhead. Typically see three people behind the counter when I have been there. Gun sales can't be what they were last year and expenses have increased. Kygunco and Buds don't close for weeks. I can't imagine this ends well. I have noticed Gunsports (Lotus 2.0) has been pretty slow when I go in there. Hope this doesn't continue to trend.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:42 am

Next wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:

Pretty sure there is more to the story here. Haven't ordered any new in two months so most everything is on floor I bet. Lots of higher end AR stuff in a slow market. The expanded store post break in which raises overhead. Typically see three people behind the counter when I have been there. Gun sales can't be what they were last year and expenses have increased. Kygunco and Buds don't close for weeks. I can't imagine this ends well. I have noticed Gunsports (Lotus 2.0) has been pretty slow when I go in there. Hope this doesn't continue to trend.

Absolutely my thoughts, this is most likely a creditor audit and the no firearm sale (biggest ticket items in the store) is so that they don't dump stock to boost cash flow. Hope it isn't as they do serve a big need in the area. I was warned of Shooters Supply cash issues a year before they closed as the distributors noticed what was obviously going on there. Tough to survive the massive influx of business to the nearly trickle of what it once was. And then look at the tons of people that jumped into the business thinking it was riding the high wave only to have turned into ruin.

Then 111 expanded (which had to cost a bit) plus being closed during that for a week or two (doesn't help cash flow).

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:59 am

...when I bought my used AR ~6 weeks ago there, it took an hour to buy it; the gun was logged in the computer, but messed up somehow that wouldn't allow drop-leg holster kid to make the sale. He had to go get Ken and it took him an hour poking at the computer and looking at the books to get it straightened out.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Another shop closing?

Post by Dustin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:39 am

kokopelli wrote:...when I bought my used AR ~6 weeks ago there, it took an hour to buy it; the gun was logged in the computer, but messed up somehow that wouldn't allow drop-leg holster kid to make the sale. He had to go get Ken and it took him an hour poking at the computer and looking at the books to get it straightened out.
They just started using the computer system for sales and inventory. When I left think that is there books for the gun sn# going in and out too. I don't know if they keep a paper copy anymore other of than the 4473s. So it could be they have a mess to clean up before the reopen. There way they are not going any where.
Last edited by Dustin on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Dustin wrote:
kokopelli wrote:...when I bought my used AR ~6 weeks ago there, it took an hour to buy it; the gun was logged in the computer, but messed up somehow that wouldn't allow drop-leg holster kid to make the sale. He had to go get Ken and it took him an hour poking at the computer and looking at the books to get it straightened out.
They just started using the computer system for sales and inventory. When I felt I think that is there books for the guns going in and out too. I don't know if they keep a paper copy anymore other than the 4473s. But it could be they have a mess to clean up before the reopen. There way they are not going any where.

????

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kokopelli » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:37 pm

we need Cranky to translate

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Vodka Special post

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Autocorrect got me again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

armydan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by armydan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Today i overheard that A) someone was transferring guns from the shop FFL into their name as a result of whatever the hell is going on. B) The situation was brought on because somebody's ex is a felon and was behind the counter selling while wearing a holstered pistola. C) None of the employees had any idea what the hell was going on. I have no idea who is who or what the hell is going on, but I want to feel important so I am just relaying what I overheard in a conversation that I wasn't a part of. Hope this helps.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:44 am

Well, A) mmm, ok. B) woah! C) lol
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Return to “Everything Else”