Open carry

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Open carry

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

My step son is 20 YO. He was at knob creek today and they told him he can’t legally open carry a loaded pistol. That it’s only legal to open carry if unloaded. That he can have a loaded mag in his pocket and can only load it if his life is in danger????

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Open carry

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:11 pm

https://docjt.ky.gov/legal/documents/Wh ... yingv2.pdf

Basically Ky law says nothing about it so the guy is full of shit.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm

They dont know, just wanted start some shit. That's why I quit going to KCR.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Now the goofy thing about handgun law in KY is that an 18 yr old can open carry a handgun but can not buy a handgun until they're 21. They can however be gifted a handgun. Go figure.
BTW: CCDW permit age limit is 21
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Dustin wrote:They dont know, just wanted start some shit. That's why I quit going to KCR.
Same. Always got weird vibes from some of the salespersons.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:33 pm

18 yr olds can purchase in a private sale too. The 21 is Federal law for FFL dealers.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm

richief wrote:18 yr olds can purchase in a private sale too. The 21 is Federal law for FFL dealers.
Yep, forgot that. Makes the law even more goofy

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 am

Yes can carry loaded

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:11 am

guncrank1 wrote:Yes can carry loaded
I dont carry when I get loaded.
:llama:

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Dumbest stuff I’ve heard in a while.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Mike wrote:Dumbest stuff I’ve heard in a while.
Yes dumb but just another reason many here don't go there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:27 am

Toddstang wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:Yes can carry loaded
I dont carry when I get loaded.
Carry??
I can’t walk when I get loaded.

Kyman70

Post by Kyman70 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:10 am

one of the last times I was at KCR, the range safety made a point of telling me that I was only allowed to collect my own brass and not the brass of the guy next to me who was shooting the same caliber and who had even told me it was okay to take his. the dude next to me could not believe it. they are generally okay at KCR. I think the safety was just tired and his little man syndrome was coming out. the time after that the safety was just as friendly as can be. he chatted more than most women. I am not sure which one I like best.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm

When did KCR hire the guys from shooter supply?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Kyman70 wrote:one of the last times I was at KCR, the range safety made a point of telling me that I was only allowed to collect my own brass and not the brass of the guy next to me who was shooting the same caliber and who had even told me it was okay to take his. the dude next to me could not believe it. they are generally okay at KCR. I think the safety was just tired and his little man syndrome was coming out. the time after that the safety was just as friendly as can be. he chatted more than most women. I am not sure which one I like best.
They aren't generally ok and that is the problem. It's a shame as it was my favorite place as a kid. I used to take my bday money and buy ammo at kcr to shoot with my uncles. Some of my fondest memories and now I know quite a few people who spend their thousands of dollars a year elsewhere. Terrible business sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kyman70

Post by Kyman70 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 am

has anyone tried the tubes at Otter Creek recently? I like using the Taylorsville Lake range when firing reloads to work out new stuff I am testing. you can get a lot done there in a short period of time when compared to KCR. I do not like the $10 fee at Otter Creek but if it is used less than Taylorsville then it might be worth it. I am meaning to try Otter Creek soon.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Pitbullcrazyinky wrote:My step son is 20 YO. He was at knob creek today and they told him he can’t legally open carry a loaded pistol. That it’s only legal to open carry if unloaded. That he can have a loaded mag in his pocket and can only load it if his life is in danger????

It honestly annoys me when employees of a facility that either supports, supplies or enables gun ownership and usage, spout utter bullshit from their lips. If I'm using your range, don't come at me telling me about the laws if you honestly don't know (such as your case). Don't be in the middle of selling me a gun and lie to my face about the law either ("you can't carry a pistol on the seat of your car in the open") Looking at you Gilberts employee. If you don't know...you don't know. If you do "know"...be damn sure you actually do before you open your mouth. Double check your info. I don't want to be asking you if you ever have a mini 14 in stock, just to have you tell me "that gun is not legal in the US" (looking at you Rural King employee). Shut your pie hole and answer the question yes or no if you have it, instead of shooting off at the mouth about something you're not sure about.

I feel you man. Some people are annoying shits who know it all.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Return to “Everything Else”