SNAKE!!!

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

SNAKE!!!

Post by ProCroation » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:38 pm

So I'm the new proud owner of a snake. It's a Blue Eyed Leucistic Ball Python (characteristic blue eyes, purple head, white body). Everyone has confused it with albino, including myself until I learned different.

Anyway, it was a Humane Society rescue animal. I had no plans to get a snake but always kind of wanted another one. The wife for 8 years of marriage has stonewalled me on the idea, so I had given up. However, since this was a rescue, she felt bad for it and said okay. My friends fostered it in their home until it was put up for official adoption. I bought him an Animal Plastics Cage T8 model, with sliding glass doors, a door lock and Flexwatt belly heat included. Looks good in the new house and is the perfect setup for a ball python, all the way through adulthood. I'm excited.

Pics coming shortly.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Re: SNAKE!!!

Post by Marcus » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Pics now
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Here's a few to hold you over.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Here's a few of him in the cage and hanging out on my watch. He uses the watch for grip constantly. ImageImageImageImage

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Baller as hell. That is AWESOME.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:51 pm

A few moreImageImageImageImage

Last edited by ProCroation on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Bonus picture. This is him and the other three ball pythons rescued. All very aggressive except mine. Labels on the plastic lids are incorrect...they were rescued from an abandoned pet store and just tossed into any containers to get them moved. Image

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Nice! Blue eyed Leucys and piebalds are the only ball pythons I like. Good for you and your wife for stepping up and saving this one.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 pm

rescued from the pet shop in frankfort?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:35 pm

He's pretty bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:17 am

rustynuts wrote:Nice! Blue eyed Leucys and piebalds are the only ball pythons I like. Good for you and your wife for stepping up and saving this one.
I had no idea that they were worth much, until after telling a few people what kind I got. Offers came rolling in but I feel like I'm the best candidate to care for this baby. I feel bad for it and the fact that people specifically breed to produce morphs like this one for extra money. At the end of the day, with no patterns he'd likely never survive in the wild (if so, probably not long). Born into a life of captivity sucks but I'm going to make sure he makes the best of it.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 am

Very cool! He looks
Aweosme

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:32 am

ProCroation wrote:
rustynuts wrote:Nice! Blue eyed Leucys and piebalds are the only ball pythons I like. Good for you and your wife for stepping up and saving this one.
I had no idea that they were worth much, until after telling a few people what kind I got. Offers came rolling in but I feel like I'm the best candidate to care for this baby. I feel bad for it and the fact that people specifically breed to produce morphs like this one for extra money. At the end of the day, with no patterns he'd likely never survive in the wild (if so, probably not long). Born into a life of captivity sucks but I'm going to make sure he makes the best of it.
The stupid morph craze is the main reason I got out of breeding reptiles. Good on you for not trying to turn a quick buck.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:19 pm

ProCroation wrote:
They don't know they are captive as its the only life they ever known.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Yeah but I know and I guess that's what bugs me most about it. Like I said I plan to give him the best life anyway so it's all good.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:28 pm

ProCroation wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Yeah but I know and I guess that's what bugs me most about it. Like I said I plan to give him the best life anyway so it's all good.
Exactly.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Pretty cool. I work with h a guy that breeds ball pythons and rats. Reminds me I have to check out the snake place at red river gorge.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:15 am

That's pretty awesome to get a blue eyed lucistic as a rescue!

That other striped one would have been a nice pickup as well!
:llama:

Jonwoos
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jonwoos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Awesome looking snake!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 am

Mike wrote:That's pretty awesome to get a blue eyed lucistic as a rescue!

That other striped one would have been a nice pickup as well!
You're not the first to suggest that about the striped one. I just didn't want to be the one fighting with its aggressive behavior. He would strike at the glass just for walking by. Even once fed.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 am

richief wrote:Pretty cool. I work with h a guy that breeds ball pythons and rats. Reminds me I have to check out the snake place at red river gorge.
What's the snake place?

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 am

Jonwoos wrote:Awesome looking snake!
Thanks. I think so too.

RedRocker
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by RedRocker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:46 pm

RedRocker wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:04 pm

He's just too cool to not share more pictures. So here's some updates. Maybe I can document his growth and share here as well..ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Else”