SNAKE!!!

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: SNAKE!!!

Post by ProCroation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Here's the rest of what I have of him.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Very cool looking snake

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Very not bad for a ball python.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Rem700 wrote:Very cool looking snake
Thanks. I think I have the bug now actually. I want another. Smh. Wife even mysteriously said yes.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 pm

rustynuts wrote:Very not bad for a ball python.
Thank you! He's pretty awesome. Very tame and never jumpy at all.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 am

Leucies are really cool. I just don't care much for ball pythons, but I would have a Leucy or a pied.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:38 pm

rustynuts wrote:Leucies are really cool. I just don't care much for ball pythons, but I would have a Leucy or a pied.
My wife said yes but only if I get a pumpkin piebald, mystic potion, or banana cinny. She won't touch it but long as it's pretty to look at she says. Lol

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:21 pm

That's better than most!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 am

I picked up another scale baby. Her name is Cirrus (like a cloud) but pronounced with a silent S.

She is a Mystic Potion ball python. She's head shy but comfortable with being handled on the daily. Gets cuddly once she's realized you're not putting her down anytime soon, though. She's gorgeous to just look at. I got her around the beginning of November. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 am

And this baby I picked up Saturday 12/9/17. My wife's fear of snakes has dissolved after having the male this long and realizing it won't kill her. I respect her for changing her views and learning about them.

She's 6 months old...the snake...not my wife haha. She's a Banana Enchi Yellowbelly. Very beautiful and without a name yet. I have space for a 4th snake but I don't know that I will get another. Three might be my limit. The wife says 4 is the max though so...who knows what will happen.

I love to just watch them hang around. Watch them hunt their live prey, eat, shed, hide out from the world. It's really peaceful honestly. Such silent animals who don't share the appreciation of human interaction. All they want to do is live, eat, be warm, hide away and not be bothered. Being in silence with them is similar to being away in the woods, alone. I like both feelings. Nothing quite like it.

I know. I'm weird. Haha. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:22 am

Those are beautiful
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 pm

PDM wrote:Those are beautiful
Thank you. Yes they definitely are.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Some updated shots of my Super Mojave.ImageImage

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun May 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Some updated shots of my Mystic Potion ball python.ImageImage

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun May 20, 2018 10:53 pm

Updated shots of my Banana Ball.ImageImage

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Mon May 21, 2018 6:36 am

Looking good!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm

rustynuts wrote:Looking good!
Thanks. They're growing quick. I've decided I probably should have only had two. Two is fun, three seems like work but...I love them all. I just know I won't be shooting for number 4 after all. lol

I want to see yours.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Mon May 21, 2018 11:31 pm

I don't understand people who want snakes as pets, I'm like Indiana Jones on those things. But good for you I guess, enjoy them. They give me the willies. Not trying to crap on your thread.....

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:I don't understand people who want snakes as pets, I'm like Indiana Jones on those things. But good for you I guess, enjoy them. They give me the willies. Not trying to crap on your thread.....
Haha no problem. Trust me, my wife was the same way. She eventually came around though. I'm sure you won't since you don't "have to" haha.

As for why I want snakes...I dunno. Constantly fascinated by them since a kid. Used to be scared of them until I began to understand them.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Tue May 22, 2018 5:21 am

Here's one of them that I had out in the sun today.
Attachments
20180511_134806-picsay.jpg

Jonwoos
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jonwoos » Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 am

Awesome snakes!!!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri May 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Jonwoos wrote:Awesome snakes!!!
Hey thanks man!

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm

ProCroation wrote:
Mexican Kerry wrote:I don't understand people who want snakes as pets, I'm like Indiana Jones on those things. But good for you I guess, enjoy them. They give me the willies. Not trying to crap on your thread.....
Haha no problem. Trust me, my wife was the same way. She eventually came around though. I'm sure you won't since you don't "have to" haha.

As for why I want snakes...I dunno. Constantly fascinated by them since a kid. Used to be scared of them until I began to understand them.
You're probably right about the "I won't" part.

What do you mean when you say you understand them? Is it that you are familiar with their habits/patterns/documented reactions to all situations? Or is it that you have placed a faith in them like you would a dog that sits next to you in the hopes of a head pat?

If a dog snuggles up to you, it probably wants a head scratch or a treat. If a snake does the same thing, its tasting you and sizing you up, or its just used to being handled/is attracted to warmth. This is documented fact. I guess I don't see the point of having an animal that isn't a willing companion. Maybe that's why I don't like cats.

That being said, I trust no dog 100%. Even my old Roscoe doesn't get left alone with my kids. And I'm busting your balls cause I just don't like snakes.....

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:07 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

You're probably right about the "I won't" part.

What do you mean when you say you understand them?I took the time to learn some things about the very things that once scared me. Eventually I realized that not every snake I saw, had plans or intent to bite or hunt me. My vision of them shifted from fear to recognizing that we could peacefully coexist. Is it that you are familiar with their habits/patterns/documented reactions to all situations? I would never say that I'm familiar to reactions in ALL situations but many, yes. I respect that the snake could be unpredictable due to a host of variables. I realize what consistency the snake needs from me as a handler but still know that mistakes/complacency could lead to a bite. Having been bitten by previous snakes through trial and error, I no longer fear the bite itself. It's really not that painful in comparison to many other things in life. I'm more focused on just balancing the trust with the snake and myself Or is it that you have placed a faith in them like you would a dog that sits next to you in the hopes of a head pat? Not at all. Maybe quite the opposite. I put stock only in the snake behaving as a wild animal would. Admittedly the ball python is one of the more "friendly", or docile breeds though. Garter snakes are consistently even more aggressive than my three snakes.

If a dog snuggles up to you, it probably wants a head scratch or a treat. If a snake does the same thing, its tasting you and sizing you up, or its just used to being handled/is attracted to warmth. This is documented fact. In the wild, this is true. Otherwise, snakes would only prefer to retreat because they'd rather not be around humans if they can help it. I guess I don't see the point of having an animal that isn't a willing companion. I understand and respect that stance. I'm sure it's different for each person why they own them. I started educating myself about them and never stopped in my curiosity. Here I am still learning something new as I grow with these three. Maybe that's why I don't like cats. Cats are assholes. I should also mention that I have a cat...but cats are still assholes.

That being said, I trust no dog 100%. Nor do IEven my old Roscoe doesn't get left alone with my kids. And I'm busting your balls cause I just don't like snakes.....All good. I don't mind answering questions about snakes. I enjoy it.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:21 am

rustynuts wrote:Here's one of them that I had out in the sun today.
How many do you have in total?

Return to “Everything Else”