For firearms enthusiasts from lovers of Glock, AR-15, XD, 1911s, shotguns, AK-47s, to black powder. For shooters, hunters, LEO'S, military, or casual enthusiasts. KAC is about firearms, and all the good things in life. Welcome!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McGregor vs Mayweather
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

I eat sleep and breathe bikes, beer, cars, and mma like SSracer loves patches, Toecutter loves fruity drinks, Rustynuts loves wings, and Dave 1965 loves margaritas and foreign neighbors. With that beimg said, this fight means so many different things to people and all of them are legit. I will preface this with I hate both of these guys and the only acceptable outcome is the lighting falls on both and are disqualified and no pay day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: McGregor vs Mayweather
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:20 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Plenty to say on this. It is boxing vs mma mainly but other smaller factions are out there like it or not. So I need Connor to win for mma in the publics eye as it would embolden the outdated and non realistic fight emulation known as boxing fans to think they are better.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

To be honest, I'll just be glad when it's over and done with. This "promotion tour" shit is getting old.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Boxing at best is one dimensional fighting exhibition with huge gloves and mma is a lightly officiated street fight in most aspects. If Floyd wins the 50th straight fight, do you count it as 50? *(boxing fans say Connor isnt a boxer but have no problem claiming this a boxing victory)

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:27 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Could a drag racer go head to head with a librarian who wasn't a racer and take pride in winning? Keep in mind that even though Conor has been putting on gloves and hitting people since a kid, they don't count him as a "boxer" since he cage fights. Same relation as trying to say an F1 driver isnt a driver because he doesn't drag race only and he does all the extras as well such as braking, turning, and judging track lines.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Seems very carnival and clown like and possible predetermined outcome from the money providers but if it isn't then I say Conor knocks him out. Only way i'd take this as a true contest of the winner would be of they both tried each others discipline. Here is where I keep catching several boxing fans lying is when they say that Conor has no chance at boxing. When Conor has plenty of chance in the boxing ring but Floyd has no chance in an octagon or library.....

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:17 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Since you love it, may a meteor or eclipse strike at the predicted hour and place!! :shock:

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:12 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Boxing is a great sport, its not outdated, just not realiatic in a combat sence. Boxing blows are still one of the most , if not the most effective blows deliverd by hand. Every MMA fighter relies on boxing strikes as the base for there skill sets. I still enjoy watching boxing more then MMA.

MMA is by far a more inclusive art.it also melds many traditional arts to form a more effective fighting system.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:16 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

I think both of them are 2 of the biggest doushes on the planet. I think it will be turned into a best of 3 so they can get more money.

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:35 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Niceguy wrote:
I think both of them are 2 of the biggest doushes on the planet. I think it will be turned into a best of 3 so they can get more money.

Agreed and Maywether will never grace an octagon with his scared ass.

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:53 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

Mayweather. This isn't even going to be a fight. Fuck the obnoxious mick. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:56 am 
KAC Member
KAC Member

I absolutely hate this fight. I am a fan of neither contender nor the idea of crossing the sports. It will prove nothing about MMA versus boxing except that stepping outside of your wheelhouse is a bad idea. I'm an mma fan through and through and this is an easy win for Mayweather in my opinion. For the sake of sticking a finger in the eye of strict traditional boxing believers, I hope McGregor wins but he won't. Not sticking the proverbial finger in their eyes because boxing is dated or irrelevant because it's not... but instead just because it furthers interest in my favorite sport. It could mean a growth. Like SOL said already though... boxing is pivotal in MMA. It may not be the deciding factor in every fight but it damn sure comes in handy when the fighters are versed in it.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:52 am 
Founding Father
Founding Father

Wrestling is the fundamental basis for all things MMA. Period. Neither men can wrestle by the rules of the fight (or individual skill, Connor is a shit wrestler.) don't believe look up success in MMA correlated to collegiate or Olympic wrestling training. The stats don't lie.

Ergo it will default to striking since its boxing rules only match. Mayweather wins that, period.

Both men are pricks. One is a prick from Ireland the other from here.

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:22 pm 
KAC Member
KAC Member

Fudge wrote:
Wrestling is the fundamental basis for all things MMA. Period. Neither men can wrestle by the rules of the fight (or individual skill, Connor is a shit wrestler.) don't believe look up success in MMA correlated to collegiate or Olympic wrestling training. The stats don't lie.

Ergo it will default to striking since its boxing rules only match. Mayweather wins that, period.

Both men are pricks. One is a prick from Ireland the other from here.

I approve of this message :D

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:53 pm 
Little Butthole

I foresee a Mayweather win. Regardless, two shitheads punch each other.

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:23 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Fudge wrote:
Mayweather. This isn't even going to be a fight. Fuck the obnoxious mick. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I am amazed that you used the word obnoxious against Conor but didnt add it and then some to Mayweather. Both are douches but holy shit there is no comparison to how long and how antics based the mayweather clan has been for years over Mcgregor.

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:25 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

I am amazed that you used the word obnoxious against Conor but didnt add it and then some to Mayweather. Both are douches but holy shit there is no comparison to how long and how antics based the mayweather clan has been for years over Mcgregor.

Oh sorry. Here ya go:

mayweather is a super douche canoe.

Feelings better now?

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:25 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

ProCroation wrote:
I absolutely hate this fight. I am a fan of neither contender nor the idea of crossing the sports. It will prove nothing about MMA versus boxing except that stepping outside of your wheelhouse is a bad idea. I'm an mma fan through and through and this is an easy win for Mayweather in my opinion. For the sake of sticking a finger in the eye of strict traditional boxing believers, I hope McGregor wins but he won't. Not sticking the proverbial finger in their eyes because boxing is dated or irrelevant because it's not... but instead just because it furthers interest in my favorite sport. It could mean a growth. Like SOL said already though... boxing is pivotal in MMA. It may not be the deciding factor in every fight but it damn sure comes in handy when the fighters are versed in it.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Boxing is boxing no doubt and some people like it but lets not pretend it is fighting is all im saying.

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Fudge wrote:

Of course it isn't a fight, its boxing. I want to hear your opinion on the arena reversal if mayweather was coming to the octagon.

Post Number:#20  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

Of course it isn't a fight, its boxing. I want to hear your opinion on the arena reversal if mayweather was coming to the octagon.

Moot point. Adding the MMA element puts the mick at A huge advantage. Mayweather wins only if he keeps it standing.

But...

Thats not the fight. Mayweather said no. Max Gregor said yes for the payday. I don't blame him in the least. You can pay me 1/10 of his cut to get flatlined by mayweather happily.

Post Number:#21  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Fudge wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

Oh sorry. Here ya go:

Feelings better now?

Yes, please be more precise when writing from now on.

Post Number:#22  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

Oh sorry. Here ya go:

Feelings better now?

I must always bear in mind that in writing, to keep your feelings at the foremost of my thoughts. Our times are full of snowflakes. ;)

Post Number:#23  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Fudge wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

Moot point. Adding the MMA element puts the mick at A huge advantage. Mayweather wins only if he keeps it standing.

But...

Thats not the fight. Mayweather said no. Max Gregor said yes for the payday. I don't blame him in the least. You can pay me 1/10 of his cut to get flatlined by mayweather happily.

Its not a moot point, I didn't ask which you were betting on in an mma fight, I asked your opinion if it was an mma fight. Opinion is what you are giving now as well as this fight hasn't happened yet either. Mayweather would be fucking clown shoes in an octagon and thats why it at least shows balls and business smarts on the irish fuck to come to him and smack him around some for a payday regardless of a win.

Post Number:#24  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm 
Founding Father
Founding Father

jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

But...

Its not a moot point, I didn't ask which you were betting on in an mma fight, I asked your opinion if it was an mma fight. Opinion is what you are giving now as well as this fight hasn't happened yet either. Mayweather would be fucking clown shoes in an octagon and thats why it at least shows balls and business smarts on the irish fuck to come to him and smack him around some for a payday regardless of a win.

Balls and business sense? You and "Conor" bros? What balls? What business sense? A monkey would take this payday. It's the modern equivalent of wilt vs Ali.

Post Number:#25  PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:42 pm 
Global Mod
Global Mod

Fudge wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Fudge wrote:

Oh sorry. Here ya go:

Feelings better now?

I must always bear in mind that in writing, to keep your feelings at the foremost of my thoughts. Our times are full of snowflakes. ;)

Yeah because I said anything about feelings in the response. I said I was amazed you could pick one ouy and not the other as big of douches they were. More snowflakes in your circles im sure than mine.