Video cams???

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Video cams???

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 pm

I've caught the travel bug and now I pretty much want to go everywhere and would like to video some of these places. I don't even know if this is something possible but I want something small, SIMPLE, great video clarity, waterproof would be nice and not crazy expensive so I don't want to kill someone if it gets stolen, lost, broken, whatever... I guess a nice simple program to do VERY simple edits or take still photos from the video and so on. Learn a techtarded fool something... :lol:

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Video cams???

Post by rustynuts » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Define "not crazy expensive".

GoLro seems to be the go-to travel video camera

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 pm

GoPro.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 pm

They have like a million different options don't they?

Maybe a couple/few hundred bucks at the very most.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Will this camera need to be hidden while you partake in any extra activities?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:38 pm

The Garmin is nice for an adventure camera. It has the capability to connect to the phone on its own wifi to be controlled.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:43 pm

You're asking a while lot out of a couple hundred bucks. Waterproof, small, great clarity, and two large old people buttons...lol. I'd recommend getting a GoPro and learning how to use it.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:Will this camera need to be hidden while you partake in any extra activities?

Leave it to Eric....

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

rustynuts wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:Will this camera need to be hidden while you partake in any extra activities?

Leave it to Eric....
No one wants to see my fat ass naked on video including me...haha

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:The Garmin is nice for an adventure camera. It has the capability to connect to the phone on its own wifi to be controlled.

I'll check that out too.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Whootsinator wrote:You're asking a while lot out of a couple hundred bucks. Waterproof, small, great clarity, and two large old people buttons...lol. I'd recommend getting a GoPro and learning how to use it.
If it's farely simple I'm fine with that. If not, I know I'll hust be throwing away whatever I spend. I'm not a tech or gadget person at all but also know I'm not going to find and be happy with something that just has a stop and go button. Just trying to find that happy medium...haha It seems like anything in the electronic world prides themselves in making shit as absolutely complicated as humanly possible. Even something that should be simple like an RC car. You have to have an IT, engineering, and fabrication degree to set up the nicer receivers stuff. I hate that shit...It takes the fun out of fun stuff.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:36 pm

There is Polaroids version of the GoPro/adventure camera. It comes water resistant already, but I would get the case just in case. It has many features that can make it a contender for what you want. Guy I hiked with has one and really likes it. The downside is the optional accessories.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:23 pm

I just sold my GoPro a couple days ago. It was really easy to use. The computer app made editing really easy. Took nice pictures and video. The cons were that with the waterproof case on I couldn't hear normal conversations. Also, unless you buy a separate screen, there's no way of knowing you are getting the shot you want. I could sync it with my phone and see through the app, but if I wanted to be tied to my phone, I would have just used my phones camera.
Using Tapatalk

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

iron369 wrote:I just sold my GoPro a couple days ago. It was really easy to use. The computer app made editing really easy. Took nice pictures and video. The cons were that with the waterproof case on I couldn't hear normal conversations. Also, unless you buy a separate screen, there's no way of knowing you are getting the shot you want. I could sync it with my phone and see through the app, but if I wanted to be tied to my phone, I would have just used my phones camera.
So it doesn't have a little view screen or anything? Does any of these small cams?

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Niceguy wrote:
iron369 wrote:I just sold my GoPro a couple days ago. It was really easy to use. The computer app made editing really easy. Took nice pictures and video. The cons were that with the waterproof case on I couldn't hear normal conversations. Also, unless you buy a separate screen, there's no way of knowing you are getting the shot you want. I could sync it with my phone and see through the app, but if I wanted to be tied to my phone, I would have just used my phones camera.
So it doesn't have a little view screen or anything? Does any of these small cams?
The screen comes with the more expensive cameras. The one I used was very small, half the size of a GoPro black. The screen is usually what you hook it up to or your phone. I have been using the Nikon version from school and it works great with my gear. It is not a full on adventure camera like a GoPro, as it cannot be dropped that much. Then again, a person should not be abusing their gear all the time.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:56 pm

The newest GoPro is waterproof without any additional case

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:20 pm

i thought the gopro 3 (or previous to current version) had a viewable screen (but it does reduce battery time).

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 am

Dave1965 wrote:i thought the gopro 3 (or previous to current version) had a viewable screen (but it does reduce battery time).
mine was a hero 3 and it had no screen.
Using Tapatalk

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:48 am

Hero 5 Black has a screen. Hero Session models are much smaller and don't have a screen

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:30 am

iron369 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:i thought the gopro 3 (or previous to current version) had a viewable screen (but it does reduce battery time).
mine was a hero 3 and it had no screen.

Google says there are versions of GoPro 3, 4, and 5 with the viewing screen.
Just gotta want it and buy the right version.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:28 am

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...Sounds like there are TONS of options I need to look into. This has narrowed down lots of them it I think.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Niceguy wrote:Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...Sounds like there are TONS of options I need to look into. This has narrowed down lots of them it I think.
Just throwing this out there, my go pro never worked feom new and am on the third one from their warranty and it just sits in a drawer because it has never worked. (Anyone who tells me I did something wrong or I am making it up can save themselves the trouble coming and keep it to yourselves). Now I know mine is a minority story but have to throw it out there, just like if someone bought a lemon car, they have to share their experience. Anyways, the main reason I posted is mine is 3+ black edition I think its called and it has wifi so you dont need a screen and you can habe the app on your phone and it will act as a live view finder and controller as well. It plays back etc all on phone. Mine has 3 new batteries and all of it had been bought direct from gopro and it just won't turn on and when it finally does, it turns off whenever it feels like it which is sooner than later. WHEN IT WORKED....IT WAS GREAT. Food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Return to “Everything Else”