Tough Mudder in Kentucky, anyone?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Tough Mudder in Kentucky, anyone?

Post by ProCroation » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:55 am

Is anyone else from KAC participating in the Tough Mudder in Sparta Kentucky this Saturday? It's the 12 mile obstacle course.

Several co-workers and myself signed up for it. We are using it as a team building exercise I guess. Haha. I've been in the gym training for this for the last several months. Even if I do terribly, I feel like it was a good motivator for me to get back in shape. I feel the best I've felt in years right now. I'm pretty excited for Saturday but also pretty anxious.

Essentially I paid good money to have myself tortured. I'm sure Toecutter can relate...although this isn't the ball-gaggy and whip type stuff. :llama:

Anyway...are any of you guys going?
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Tough Mudder in Kentucky, anyone?

Post by ProCroation » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:13 am

Correction: It was 10.7 miles long. You don't have to run, you can walk it. The name of the game is to finish. I completed it. Not only did I complete it...I was the only member of my team to successfully complete each obstacle without failure.

Obstacles included:

Killa Gorilla - essentially running or walking up and down a pretty steep hill for about a mile

Kiss of Mud - crawling through a mud hole while avoiding barbed wire overhead

Skidmarked - A wall climb...the wall is leaning toward you, so teamwork is required to get over it

Hero carry - You carry your partner 50 yards, your partner carrys you 50 yards

Quagmire - a really wet mud hole with lots of unseen steep drop offs intended to make you slip and fall

Devils beard - a thick braid ship net, strewn over the side of a hill. You must climb the hill with the weight of this net draped over you

Berlin walls - two straight up/down 9 or 10 foot wall climbs in a row

Pitfall - pretty much same as quagmire

The Blockness Monster - You'd have to look it up on youtube. Think of it as a huge square log and you're trying to climb out of water and over it. Other team mates have to rotate the "log" with each member clinging on it to get over it, one at a time.

Bale bonds - three hay bales stacked up and you have to climb over the top

Pyramid scheme - Again youtube would best explain. It's an angled wall. You have to body stack people in a pyramid to get to the top. Sometimes you're the base...sometimes you're the climber...sometimes you're pulling people to the top.

Everest 2.0 - It's a half pipe and you have to run up it and grab someone else's hand or slide back down it.

Mud Mile - OMG this was a beast. It's just a watery mud hole and you climb out over a muddy hill..back into muddy water, over another muddy hill...and do this for 7 or 8 hills in a row. Scrapes your knees and shins up and you nearly rip your fingernails out trying to climb out.

Another quagmire

Stage 5 clinger - This was basically a ladder climb except the ladder is leaning and you are climbing the bottom side of it.

Hold Your Wood - You carry a log over your shoulder for I would guess 100 yards or maybe 150 (1st half is downhill and then back up)

Ladder to hell - Literally like climbing over a giant version of a wood fence you see on every farm...just really big though.

Arctic Enema - Slide down a pipe into ice water. When you emerge from underwater you're in a cage. Go under water to swim out of the cage.

Black Hole - There are large bags full of water hanging almost to the ground. You have to crawl under them. The weight of all that water holds you tight to the ground.

Funky Monkey the revolution - This is where I lost all my team mates to a failure. You cross a water pit on inclined monkey bars. At the end of the monkey bars is a horizontal ship wheel. When you grab the wheel it spins you around. You must reach from this wheel to grab a vertical ship wheel, then another ship wheel, then a pipe hanging from two chains to shimmy down to the finish platform. Everyone else fell at the first ship wheel.

Snot Rocket - climb into ice cold water waist deep, enter a corrugated pipe that is standing vertical...and climb up the inside of the 15 foot pipe...all while being shot with ice water from overhead.

Electroshock Therapy - You run through a mud pit with speed bumps in it, while 100's of wires dangle down from overhead to shock you. They have it hooked up to an electric fence box. I actually enjoyed this for some reason. It pulses on and off so you're not constantly being ate up at least.

Then you cross a finish line where you are given, a headband stating you finished, a t-shirt, a bag of pretzels and a cup of beer.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:22 am

And yes...we plan to go again next year. It was quite an accomplishment to survive this. If I hadn't got into a gym and trained for this, there is no way I could have done it. If anyone thinks they'll be interested in this, I'll share information on how to join our team once we set it up.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 am

ProCroation wrote:Is anyone else from KAC participating in the Tough Mudder in Sparta Kentucky this Saturday? It's the 12 mile obstacle course.

Several co-workers and myself signed up for it. We are using it as a team building exercise I guess. Haha. I've been in the gym training for this for the last several months. Even if I do terribly, I feel like it was a good motivator for me to get back in shape. I feel the best I've felt in years right now. I'm pretty excited for Saturday but also pretty anxious.

Essentially I paid good money to have myself tortured. I'm sure Toecutter can relate...although this isn't the ball-gaggy and whip type stuff. :llama:

Anyway...are any of you guys going?
Muhahhahahahaha!!!!

Hahha! I knew it was coming up, but I didn't know which weekend.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am

ProCroation wrote:And yes...we plan to go again next year. It was quite an accomplishment to survive this. If I hadn't got into a gym and trained for this, there is no way I could have done it. If anyone thinks they'll be interested in this, I'll share information on how to join our team once we set it up.
I bet it was fun! The obstacle courses are awesomely brutal.

A gym near me is set up for training for these, called Four barrels. I think there is another gym in the butchertown district of Louisville also, but I do not know the name.

Sweet

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:33 pm

ProCroation wrote:Correction: It was 10.7 miles long. You don't have to run, you can walk it. The name of the game is to finish. I completed it. Not only did I complete it...I was the only member of my team to successfully complete each obstacle without failure.

Obstacles included:

Killa Gorilla - essentially running or walking up and down a pretty steep hill for about a mile

Skidmarked - A wall climb...the wall is leaning toward you, so teamwork is required to get over it

Quagmire - a really wet mud hole with lots of unseen steep drop offs intended to make you slip and fall

Devils beard - a thick braid ship net, strewn over the side of a hill. You must climb the hill with the weight of this net draped over you

The Blockness Monster - You'd have to look it up on youtube. Think of it as a huge square log and you're trying to climb out of water and over it. Other team mates have to rotate the "log" with each member clinging on it to get over it, one at a time.

Pyramid scheme - Again youtube would best explain. It's an angled wall. You have to body stack people in a pyramid to get to the top. Sometimes you're the base...sometimes you're the climber...sometimes you're pulling people to the top.

Everest 2.0 - It's a half pipe and you have to run up it and grab someone else's hand or slide back down it.

Mud Mile - OMG this was a beast. It's just a watery mud hole and you climb out over a muddy hill..back into muddy water, over another muddy hill...and do this for 7 or 8 hills in a row. Scrapes your knees and shins up and you nearly rip your fingernails out trying to climb out.

Another quagmire

Stage 5 clinger - This was basically a ladder climb except the ladder is leaning and you are climbing the bottom side of it.

Hold Your Wood - You carry a log over your shoulder for I would guess 100 yards or maybe 150 (1st half is downhill and then back up)

Ladder to hell - Literally like climbing over a giant version of a wood fence you see on every farm...just really big though.

Arctic Enema - Slide down a pipe into ice water. When you emerge from underwater you're in a cage. Go under water to swim out of the cage.

Black Hole - There are large bags full of water hanging almost to the ground. You have to crawl under them. The weight of all that water holds you tight to the ground.

Funky Monkey the revolution - This is where I lost all my team mates to a failure. You cross a water pit on inclined monkey bars. At the end of the monkey bars is a horizontal ship wheel. When you grab the wheel it spins you around. You must reach from this wheel to grab a vertical ship wheel, then another ship wheel, then a pipe hanging from two chains to shimmy down to the finish platform. Everyone else fell at the first ship wheel.

Snot Rocket - climb into ice cold water waist deep, enter a corrugated pipe that is standing vertical...and climb up the inside of the 15 foot pipe...all while being shot with ice water from overhead.

Electroshock Therapy - You run through a mud pit with speed bumps in it, while 100's of wires dangle down from overhead to shock you. They have it hooked up to an electric fence box. I actually enjoyed this for some reason. It pulses on and off so you're not constantly being ate up at least.

Then you cross a finish line where you are given, a headband stating you finished, a t-shirt, a bag of pretzels and a cup of beer.
One of the many reasons I quit dating years ago...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Wyldman wrote:
ProCroation wrote:Correction: It was 10.7 miles long. You don't have to run, you can walk it. The name of the game is to finish. I completed it. Not only did I complete it...I was the only member of my team to successfully complete each obstacle without failure.

Obstacles included:

Another quagmire

One of the many reasons I quit dating years ago...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Hahaha. I love this comment.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Return to “Everything Else”