Class action against EOTech

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Class action against EOTech

Post by irishrob » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:11 pm

http://www.fostersettlement.com/

IF YOU PURCHASED OR OWN CERTAIN EOTECH HOLOGRAPHIC WEAPONS SIGHTS, YOU COULD RECEIVE A REFUND OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT

A proposed settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit claiming that certain Holographic Weapon Sights (“HWS”) made by the EOTech division of L-3 Communications Corporation do not perform as advertised, resulting in, among other things, inaccurate shot placement. EOTech stands by its products and denies it did anything wrong. However, EOTech has settled to avoid the cost and distraction of litigation.

You are a Class Member if you own certain EOTech HWS manufactured between January 1, 2005 and November 1, 2016 and purchased for personal use before February 15, 2017 or if you previously received a refund from EOTech for a Holographic Weapon Sight. The date of manufacture can be found on the underside of the sight. A complete list of eligible sights is found in Section No. 5. Their Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) is available HERE

The settlement will provide a cash payment and/or vouchers. The amount of the payment or voucher will vary; see FAQ 9 for amounts. To be eligible for a benefit under this settlement:

• You must be a resident of the United States who is the current owner (by purchase or gift) for personal use of an EOTech Holographic Weapons Sight with one of the model numbers listed in FAQ 5.

• You must have purchased or otherwise acquired (for example by gift) a Holographic Weapons Sight for personal use on or before the February 15, 2017 and manufactured by EOTech between January 1, 2005, and November 1, 2016.

• If you previously received a refund from EOTech, you will automatically receive benefits under the terms of the proposed Settlement. See FAQ 7.

• If you have not previously received a refund from EOTech, you may choose to receive a settlement benefit.

• Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. You are encouraged to check the this website periodically because it will be updated with additional information.

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT:

SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM

Unless you previously received a refund from EOTech, filing a claim is the only way to get a payment or receive vouchers. The Claim Form must be submitted online or postmarked by May 23, 2017. For more information click see FAQ 9.

EXCLUDE YOURSELF

Get no payment or vouchers. This is the only option that allows you to ever be part of any other lawsuit against L-3 Communications about the legal claims in this case. The opt-out form must be postmarked by or received by the Court before May 23, 2017 .

OBJECT

Write to the Court about why you don’t like the proposed settlement. Objections must be postmarked by or received by the Court and counsel before May 23, 2017.

GO TO A HEARING

Ask to speak in Court about your objections to, or support of, the settlement. Requests to speak must be postmarked by or received by the Court and counsel before May 23, 2017.

DO NOTHING

Get no payment or vouchers (unless you previously received a refund from EOTech, in which case you automatically will be sent a voucher for $22.50). Give up rights to sue L-3 Communications. This means you will still be bound by the terms of the Settlement, and give up your right to ever be a part of any other lawsuit against the Defendant about the legal claims that are being resolved by this Settlement.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Class action against EOTech

Post by richief » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:39 am

Yep, still,have a 512.a65 to claim. Probably get an aimpoint pro to replace it.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am

Usually in these kinds of class action suits you'll get $10, the lawyer will get $10,000,000. The fact they offered a no receipt required, no questions asked, full refund with shipping paid is good enough for me. I'm done, I'm not going to help a rich ass lawyer get richer.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

DDgunslinger
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:33 am

...smh

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Got a postcard in mail from eotech on the settlement. Says I'm getting a $22.50 voucher toward the purchase of a new Eotech product coming to me as part of the settlement
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm

If I'm reading this right

20170407_130020[1]- RS.jpg

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:05 pm

I sent two of the SEAL versions back and got my money, guess I will look for a check sometime soon. Got the same card in the mail today.

Return to “Everything Else”