Anyone near Shelbyville or Louisville who does wood work?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Anyone near Shelbyville or Louisville who does wood work

Post by ProCroation » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 pm

ssracer wrote:That's a serious box. I built a couple of little ones in an afternoon in my parents backyard many years ago for the grand am. Didn't want to lose use of my trunk or access to the spare in the middle. Heavy enough to stay in place, but I could pull them out when I autocrossed. They did pretty good. Miss having subs.
4310021839_8d2c440b6c_o.jpg
4310019943_3c4ff144a9_o.jpg
4310017857_fde17e545c_o.jpg
That's some clean looking work man. I like it.

I sacrificed some of my trunk space with the first box because I thought I'd need some room sometimes. After almost a year of having that box in there, I have still yet to need my trunk for anything at all. So this box pretty much stole the rest of the space. It's removable though, so if something major comes up...no problem.

Again...very clean work with your boxes.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Good work.

Check out sounddeadenershowdown.com
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times

Post by BIGC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:46 am

ProCroation wrote:
Wyldman wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
rustynuts wrote:That's a pretty serious box.
I'm pretty serious about my bass...lol

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
So you're one of those that will rattle your car apart to satisfy the need to thump your jam?

Let me guess: you like rap "music"?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
I like to think of myself as "the type" fascinated with the science of electricity converted to sound...enjoying both, the technical aspects of car audio and its various capabilities (extreme and non) and the sheer awesomeness and fun seeing peoples reactions when you demo your rig for them. In short I'm a nerd for car audio

As far as rap music. Yes i like it. I also like Ozzy and Pink Floyd and George Jones and Adele and Bach and Beethoven, and Reba and Fleetwood Mac and Aerosmith and Rolling Stones and Buddy Guy and The Eagles and Stevie Ray Vaughn and Joe Bonamossa and i could go on all day.

You sound like me. Here I thought I was the only one that mixed every genre of music on my mp3..... The young ones at work all have 1 style they listen too and I drive them crazy jumping around listening to everything...
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 pm

BIGC wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
Wyldman wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
rustynuts wrote:That's a pretty serious box.
I'm pretty serious about my bass...lol

So you're one of those that will rattle your car apart to satisfy the need to thump your jam?

Let me guess: you like rap "music"?

I like to think of myself as "the type" fascinated with the science of electricity converted to sound...enjoying both, the technical aspects of car audio and its various capabilities (extreme and non) and the sheer awesomeness and fun seeing peoples reactions when you demo your rig for them. In short I'm a nerd for car audio

As far as rap music. Yes i like it. I also like Ozzy and Pink Floyd and George Jones and Adele and Bach and Beethoven, and Reba and Fleetwood Mac and Aerosmith and Rolling Stones and Buddy Guy and The Eagles and Stevie Ray Vaughn and Joe Bonamossa and i could go on all day.

You sound like me. Here I thought I was the only one that mixed every genre of music on my mp3..... The young ones at work all have 1 style they listen too and I drive them crazy jumping around listening to everything...
You are definitely not alone. I have a 16 gig memory card in my car that is nearly full because there are so many songs from different genres represented on it.

If we were strictly talking quantities, of course the rap music outweighs all other genres on my memory stick because obviously rap music more frequently utilizes low bass notes. My musical palette is just too loose to stick to one kind of music though. Sometimes unless I am demoing my subwoofers, there may not be a rap song played in my car for a week or two.

Unfortunately there is a stigma that comes with listening to rap music...and having loud bass in the car...(Not referencing Wyldman's comment though) just as there is a stigma with hunting and owning guns and supporting gun culture...and I'm okay with that. I wish it weren't the case but if that's the only price I have to pay to enjoy my personal interests then so be it :)

A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times

Post by BIGC » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:38 pm

I work for a company that specializes in car audio and electronics. I have been out of building systems for awhile but may get back in and build one if I actually stay at this place.
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:49 pm

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:49 pm

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:53 am

Just as an update, I've tweaked it a bit and got it playing good but not great. The issue being that the amp I'm using to push these four subs is not considered stable at .5 ohm and yet I am still running them at that impedance. Why? Because I'm a habitual line stepper, that's why haha. In short, the amp can play for a short duration (under 5 minutes nearly at full tilt) before going into protect mode. The subs are begging for more power but I just can't give them what they ask. So of course I'm going to upgrade that piece of the puzzle.

In the meantime...I'm going to upload you guys a video of the process...the journey that this project has been for me. To be honest, the build process is the best feeling. The end result is fun but the build time is peaceful.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpWY8o3wiFw

Understand that this video represents what the box and subs are capable of at higher than daily listening levels, while being a bit under powered.

The included music is yes, rap. I urge you to consider listening to it though. It's a nice mesh of blues, piano and ghetto poetry. It's a positive message song. There's no curse words...not because I selected the edited version but because the artist was able to write an entire song without using a curse word.

Song: Big K.R.I.T. - Saturdays = Celebration (feat. Jamie N Commons)

and if you like that song...or allllllmost like it...I highly recommend you listen to Big K.R.I.T. "The Vent".

Open your minds a little and see what hip hop still has to offer. I love all kinds of music and I know hip hop gets a bad reputation sometimes but...I take suggestions from all of you guys about music, food, guns, ammo, ranges, etc...so take my suggestion this time. If I'm wrong, hey...don't listen to my recommendation next time right? :)

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:59 am

If you really want to see what they can do, try rocking The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane". That and AC/DC's "Hell' Bells" have always been great tracks to test a system with, IMO.

IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:11 am

Wyldman wrote:If you really want to see what they can do, try rocking The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane". That and AC/DC's "Hell' Bells" have always been great tracks to test a system with, IMO.

Good suggestions. I already have them both on my flash drive! You are right they both jam great! :D

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Wyldman wrote:If you really want to see what they can do, try rocking The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane". That and AC/DC's "Hell' Bells" have always been great tracks to test a system with, IMO.

One of my favorites to rip on speaker is Iron Maiden The Trooper.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:53 am

nemo wrote:

One of my favorites to rip on speaker is Iron Maiden The Trooper.
I will check this and report back.

Return to “Everything Else”