What color to paint the interior of my "Storm Shelter?"

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
adayton
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What color to paint the interior of my

Post by adayton » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:49 am

Mike wrote:You might want to monitor humidity in there and consider a dehumidifier. I've read of guns rusting in rooms set up like that.
We have a vault very similar to that at the shop ... and it definitely does get humid in there ... in fact, we used to have had guns just sitting in there for a short time that started to rust ... This past summer, we installed a dehumidifier (which we have to empty manually at present... and is a PITA ...) for the first few weeks, it was an everyday occurrence, but after the first month, it settled down gradually and we have to empty it once a week or so now ... and nothing is giving us a rust problem now ... I have always kept the suppressors in a pelican case with desiccant packs that I change out periodically ... no problems there. Now, I just keep them in their respective boxes and no problem.
Very nice build, BTW ... and as far as color... I would go with anything light ... Epoxy on the floor is a great idea as well ... but I think that walking or standing on concrete is uncomfortable for any amount of time, so the suggestion of the pads that interlock may be a better (and cheaper) way to go ...
I noticed that you have a lot of wiring going into it as well and would assume most of that is security (cameras, etc.) and communication to the 'outside' ... and of course power... :-)
You have a really nice start ... looking for ward to seeing more on this thread ...
Thanx,
Allan

Jff24Gordn
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What color to paint the interior of my

Post by Jff24Gordn » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:46 pm

adayton wrote:
Mike wrote:You might want to monitor humidity in there and consider a dehumidifier. I've read of guns rusting in rooms set up like that.
We have a vault very similar to that at the shop ... and it definitely does get humid in there ... in fact, we used to have had guns just sitting in there for a short time that started to rust ... This past summer, we installed a dehumidifier (which we have to empty manually at present... and is a PITA ...) for the first few weeks, it was an everyday occurrence, but after the first month, it settled down gradually and we have to empty it once a week or so now ... and nothing is giving us a rust problem now ... I have always kept the suppressors in a pelican case with desiccant packs that I change out periodically ... no problems there. Now, I just keep them in their respective boxes and no problem.
Very nice build, BTW ... and as far as color... I would go with anything light ... Epoxy on the floor is a great idea as well ... but I think that walking or standing on concrete is uncomfortable for any amount of time, so the suggestion of the pads that interlock may be a better (and cheaper) way to go ...
I noticed that you have a lot of wiring going into it as well and would assume most of that is security (cameras, etc.) and communication to the 'outside' ... and of course power... :-)
You have a really nice start ... looking for ward to seeing more on this thread ...
Thanx,
Allan
I am going with the epoxy floor so that it fills up the cracks. The interlocking floor still has a crack just big enough for me to loose something that goes flying around.
I have cables for 8 cameras, 2 wifi access points, a bundle going to the new entertainment center in the basement, and a bunch of extra going to a patch panel in the attic and a few to other places in the house.

Return to “Everything Else”