Making a Murderer

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Making a Murderer

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Livewire wrote:I think I'm on episode six so far.

If I were a member of the jury Id have a really hard time convicting him.

In my mind there isn't enough evidence to say he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But if you were on the jury you would get the other mounds of evidence against him that this television show doesn't show you.

You guys do realize this is television right? It's for entertainment. You aren't getting the whole story, only the story the show wants you to see.
:llama:

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Mike wrote:

In my mind there isn't enough evidence to say he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But if you were on the jury you would get the other mounds of evidence against him that this television show doesn't show you.

You guys do realize this is television right? It's for entertainment. You aren't getting the whole story, only the story the show wants you to see.
Agreed and i started the thread by stating that. I have also read many news articles (again hard to be credible sources because its the media) but so far i have not seen any evidence that directly links either of them to her death and i i see lots of instances where the circumstantial evidence found was done so by the very people he was suing at the time. Right or wrong, biased or not the one county police dept never should have been involved being it was direct conflict of interest to the pending law suit. To top that off they sent the 2 officers directly named in the suit to "help"....aka conduct a full search of his residence, then they lied to the public about all of it. That in it self probably should have been enough to toss the case and set him free guilty or not or at least move the trial somewhere else. Not to mention that 2 of the jurors were directly linked to the county Sherrifs dept (but probably hard to find someone who isnt in a small town rural county area and im sure his lawyers had the option to dismiss those jurors and chose not to). I know criminal cases get tossed all the time even when evidence is damning just because of a technicality. But what do i know, im no lawyer and i didnt stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Mike wrote:

I agree...but there is too much conflicting interest in this case.

But....the same folks that got him locked up for up for 18 years are the same one that conducted the majority of the investigation of the murder. Not to mention a pending lawsuit against them for him serving 18 flipping years for a rape he didn't commit.

I'm not gonna say I'm totally convinced the guy is innocent... but it's clear that he didn't get a fair shake.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:22 am

Guilty or not, i have no doubt that there is a gross conflict of interest here. Very poor practices and some very fishy circumstances , that even without the conflict of interest seem shady.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 am

While there seems to be injustice in this case, I think the bigger issue is why the hell it takes so long to get things overturned. That is screwing the guy.

Return to “Everything Else”