Making a Murderer

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Making a Murderer

Post by Rem700 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Started watching Making a Murderer last night with my wife. Pretty crazy stuff. Just wonder how much we are not getting from law enforcement's side of things. All evidence presented so far is pretty damning of law enforcement. We hear of cases all the time being dismissed over technicalities and breach of rights etc. This case seems to have all that and more and yet he is still in prison.

Every law enforcement person that they interview is clearly nervous as hell and IMO is lying through their teeth. But again we are only seeing one side.

Anybody else watching it and have any thoughts?

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Making a Murderer

Post by Rem700 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:45 pm

I am only 4 episodes in so far

gaston_kalash
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by gaston_kalash » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:21 pm

I binge watched it this weekend. Crazy stuff.
SI JE PUIS

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:06 pm

The wife and i are planning a marathon watch soon. Heard its good.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm

We are 3 episodes in so far. Curious to see if things starts swinging the other direction towards guilt.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:58 pm

jmeister wrote:We are 3 episodes in so far. Curious to see if things starts swinging the other direction towards guilt.
My biggest speculation is on the police though. The very people he was sueing were the ones conducting the search of his property......and found the evidence......if that's not conflict of interest then I don't know what is. They already framed him for a rape and he did 18 hrs for it. Now 2 weeks after the law suit he murders this girl.....seems way to crazy to be true and law enforcement has too much at stake and way too much evidence pointing to a set up. Just my opinion.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Rem700 wrote:
jmeister wrote:We are 3 episodes in so far. Curious to see if things starts swinging the other direction towards guilt.
My biggest speculation is on the police though. The very people he was sueing were the ones conducting the search of his property......and found the evidence......if that's not conflict of interest then I don't know what is. They already framed him for a rape and he did 18 hrs for it. Now 2 weeks after the law suit he murders this girl.....seems way to crazy to be true and law enforcement has too much at stake and way too much evidence pointing to a set up. Just my opinion.
Pretty good show so far. Only watched 2 episodes.... wild to say the least
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Brob324

Post by Brob324 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:28 pm

The documentary does seem pretty one-sided but the notion that there wasn't a shred of reasonable doubt in this situation is ludicrous on its face. There was plenty of motivation for law enforcement to make Steven Avery go away (again). I typically err on the side of LEOs versus scumbag assholes but I think the line has blurred in this instance. Hope I'm wrong and the truth may lie somewhere in between. We may never know. Eye opening documentary if nothing else.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Watching with the wife also. Crazy, just crazy. Conflict of interest is way beyond the point of him getting a fair trail.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:12 am

I tried watching this last night and turned it off after 20 minutes. I couldn't get into it.

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:03 am

What I don't get is te key wasn't found until the 7th or 8th search and wasn't found until the guy who was being sued found it. Also don't know why his blood that was collected had been clearly tampered with.
SI JE PUIS

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:36 am

gaston_kalash wrote:What I don't get is te key wasn't found until the 7th or 8th search and wasn't found until the guy who was being sued found it. Also don't know why his blood that was collected had been clearly tampered with.
Yep just some of the many nails in the coffin for law enforcement. But from watching so far it seems the judge has been paid off. Every time they bring up one of these very valid points the judge dismisses it or doesn't allow them to delve into it enough to be relevant. This just seems to be a gross perversion of our legal system from top to bottom. The interview with Andy Colbourne where he is asking about the girls license plate and tells the model and make of the car on the day she was reported missing and 2 days before the vehicle was found was to say the least damning for him. Seems he planted the vehicle and thats why he knew the plate make and model. He could not explain why he was calling in that info 2 days before the vehicle was found.

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:43 am

Yeah if you watch it when he realizes he just told on himself his eyes get huge. I feel sorry for the kid that got drug into all this. His life is now ruined because some detectives coerced him to say the things he said. I know kids like him that will admit to anything you tell them just for attention and to feel like tree doing something good. You'd think since there was zero evidence to back up what the detectives had him admit to what he said he did that would set him free but nope.
SI JE PUIS

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:45 am

gaston_kalash wrote:Yeah if you watch it when he realizes he just told on himself his eyes get huge. I feel sorry for the kid that got drug into all this. His life is now ruined because some detectives coerced him to say the things he said. I know kids like him that will admit to anything you tell them just for attention and to feel like tree doing something good. You'd think since there was zero evidence to back up what the detectives had him admit to what he said he did that would set him free but nope.
You could tell the whole time he had no idea what was going on. He simply agreed to what they asked because he didn't understand and wanted to go home. The kid is almost like Forest Gump slow. Its obvious he aint all there in the head.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Me and wife watching right now
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:30 am

I'm on episode 3 now. This show keeps you hooked because as soon as you're 100% convinced he's innocent they introduce new material that makes you uncertain...only to have THAT stuff proven to be false too. I feel like I'm at Wimbledon. Haha.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:25 am

I think I'm on episode six so far.

If I were a member of the jury Id have a really hard time convicting him.

In my mind there isn't enough evidence to say he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:48 am

I've got to check this out. Never heard of it besides this thread
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Next » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:18 am

Finally was able to finish it this weekend. I can't believe the 17 year old was convicted.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:16 am

Livewire wrote:I think I'm on episode six so far.

If I were a member of the jury Id have a really hard time convicting him.

In my mind there isn't enough evidence to say he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Same here. Too much circumstantial evidence and no real proof. Just a lot of we think and what if. Finished episode 9 last night.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:17 am

Next wrote:Finally was able to finish it this weekend. I can't believe the 17 year old was convicted.
On more charges with much less evidence than Avery. The only evidence they had on the kid was his coerced confession.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:35 pm

This just goes to show that you never answer any questions without a lawyer present. Bunch of crazy

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 pm

ballscutoff1978 wrote:This just goes to show that you never answer any questions without a lawyer present. Bunch of crazy
My first thought as well. Apparently the kids first public defender is not doing so well these days. He was the one who let the kid get questioned while he wasn't present.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Next » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Picture he drew up was from the bedroom, but no Blood? Then Avery was convicted on killing in the Garage. I wish they would track down and interview more of the Jurors from the kids trial. Wonder what they were thinking? VERY SCARY...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Plus he was asked to draw a picture of what they described. He didn't pull it from memory. He was told draw a pic of her tied to the bed. Draw a pic of her in the burn pit.

Return to “Everything Else”