New Lotus Guns?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

New Lotus Guns?

Post by Geno » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Earlier today, my son and we're checking out a few local gunshops. Lotus had several different faces. A few were from 111 guns and a gentleman asking people if they had shopped there before or if they were new. He introduced himself as the owner from Florida and to look for a grand reopening with considerable more stock in about a month. Keep your eyes open for new policies and perhaps different merchandise.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: New Lotus Guns?

Post by Niceguy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Hopefully less doushbags and butt rape... It would take a 180 in everything involved with them for me to go back to that place.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm in for free pizza.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:26 pm

If the new policies include more realistic prices and less douche bag salespeople I might give them another shot.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Yeah their price is a joke.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:02 pm

A lot of gun shops change hands it seems.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:08 pm

there was a discussion somewhere I heard (can't remember where) about an employee, and theft, and ATF coming in, and new management (maybe even new owners). No solid evidence of all this except what someone said.

There was talk about better pricing and changing some stuff around. Thats all I know from afar.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 pm

FB had a post on the manager was caught embezzling money and new people.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:25 pm

http://www.lotusgunworks.com/
ATTENTION LOTUS GUNWORKS CUSTOMERS AND FRIENDS

Lotus Gunworks Louisville is going through a restructuring during the next 30 days...

We will be adding another $250,000 in exciting NEW INVENTORY, including many different brands of personal defense handguns, AR rifles (with an emphasis on cool Magpul accessories, along with others...

We want to be known as YOUR GO-TO STORE for ammunition needs at great prices... On hand will be 100,000 rounds of .22LR, personal defense loads in handgun and shotgun calibers and target ammunition in large quantities...

We will also be implementing a customer loyalty program to reward you for making Lotus YOUR GUN STORE.

You will also see NEW FACES... We want to pay tribute to Cory and Clay; they have outgrown Lotus Gunworks and have chosen to pursue other business opportunities that became available. We thank both of them.

We would also like to thank Martha, who was the backbone of strength of the company with her handling the compliance issues.

Sammy, our solid gun tech, performed great customer service throughout the year. He will be missed…

And last, but not least, Derek, Scott and Charlie, who all played a critical role establishing theLotus Gunworks name recognition.

PLEASE BE PATIENT with us for the next 30 days… It is our GOAL to be the GO TO GUNSTORE in the metro Louisville area, providing EVERYDAY LOW PRICES with a LARGE SELECTION OF CURRENT AND POPULAR MODELS OF HANDGUNS, RIFLES, ACCESSORIES AND AMMUNITION.

YOUR GUN STORE,
LOTUS GUNWORKS
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:38 pm

So, all of these people who were so instrumental in making Lotus what it was are now gone.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:45 pm

While they're at it, hope they light up the cabinets, many of them were so dark it was a struggle to tell what was in them sometimes.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

SonicBlue02

Post by SonicBlue02 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Geno wrote:Earlier today, my son and we're checking out a few local gunshops. Lotus had several different faces. A few were from 111 guns and a gentleman asking people if they had shopped there before or if they were new. He introduced himself as the owner from Florida and to look for a grand reopening with considerable more stock in about a month. Keep your eyes open for new policies and perhaps different merchandise.

For the record, 2 of my guys went over there to work. One was straight forward and gave me notice while the other did not. With that being said, the girl that is working there now name Kaitlynn has NEVER EVER worked for me as she is claiming.
I had a great conversation with the owner of Lotus on Saturday and I truly hope they pull themselves up, as we send people there for Class III.

I know I do not post as much as I would like to (as a sponsor and fellow gun enthusiast) but when you work 6 days a week to run the shop it leaves me little time to do so.

If anyone at all has questions, concerns, or worries please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Misty

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 pm

SonicBlue02 wrote:
Geno wrote:Earlier today, my son and we're checking out a few local gunshops. Lotus had several different faces. A few were from 111 guns and a gentleman asking people if they had shopped there before or if they were new. He introduced himself as the owner from Florida and to look for a grand reopening with considerable more stock in about a month. Keep your eyes open for new policies and perhaps different merchandise.

For the record, 2 of my guys went over there to work. One was straight forward and gave me notice while the other did not. With that being said, the girl that is working there now name Kaitlynn has NEVER EVER worked for me as she is claiming.
I had a great conversation with the owner of Lotus on Saturday and I truly hope they pull themselves up, as we send people there for Class III.

I know I do not post as much as I would like to (as a sponsor and fellow gun enthusiast) but when you work 6 days a week to run the shop it leaves me little time to do so.

If anyone at all has questions, concerns, or worries please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Misty
Sucks that your guy didn't have the courtesy to give notice.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:51 am

Gunsmokin wrote:
SonicBlue02 wrote:

Misty
Sucks that your guy didn't have the courtesy to give notice.
Not unusual these days...especially if they feel wronged somehow.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:43 am

One of my dealer clients went to Lotus yesterday and he said they where selling off some inventory.
And he said there was a new gun store a mile from them , but he got a attitude vibe from the owner of the new store.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 am

Frankly I am surprised there hasn't been a few more stores pop-up in Louisville. There is enough market there to come in and undercut everyone as River City has done. I know that guy pays himself 1000 a week and quit his job to own the store once he got established thru the gun show circuit. Now he no longer does shows and just does his store. Pricing competitively gets you in, treating customers right and knowing the market keeps you there.

Already in Lexington we have seen long-time stores who can't or don't want to compete with the likes of Bud's are finding a niche elsewhere just to survive. Antique and Modern has resorted to doing lots of consignments and focusing more on older military stuff it seems. Classic does different ephemera, ammo, and nicer shotguns as well as some older military stuff and shows around the south. Don't know how Slingpoint survives.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:41 am

You said ephemera

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am

You know what they say..."Here today, gone tomorrow."
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:31 am

I haven't set foot in Lotus since the $60 Pmags. It would take knowing that whomever was responsible for that to be gone before I would go back in.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:10 pm

dbh wrote:I haven't set foot in Lotus since the $60 Pmags. It would take knowing that whomever was responsible for that to be gone before I would go back in.
Word

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Heard they've now gone through 3 sets of employees in something like a month or two.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Why?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:25 pm

jackalo626 wrote:Why?
Hearing reasons, don't know how true they are so I'm just going to keep them to myself for now.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:26 pm

WLJ wrote:
Hearing reasons, don't know how true they are so I'm just going to keep them to myself for now.
They quit or fired?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:27 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
They quit or fired?
Walked out is what I've heard.

Return to “Everything Else”