Bonesteel Arms Review (UPDATE page 2)

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Bonesteel Arms Review (UPDATE page 2)

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Anyone ever dealt with Bonesteel Arms? They had a nice alternative to the ACE side folding stock and since ACE was (no pun intended) out of stock, I ordered from them (Bonesteel) instead.

Placed my order the 22nd of December, got an order confirmation but hadn't got a confirmation for shipping yet, so I called their number in the e-mail. It rang twice, sounded like someone picked up the phone and tried to hang it up...except the call stayed connected. I kept saying hello, in between listening to what sounded like 3 or 4 guys sitting around a room saying "fuck this" and "fuck that" a whole lot. At one point I specifically remember hearing "*something something* and he found it in the fucking garage"...

Then another voice chimed in as if they had just walked into the room and said "awww shit mother fuckers look at that". Everything got really quiet for a few seconds and then laughter started up. Once all the laughter stopped, someone spoke clearly and directly and said "Thanks for calling Bonesteel Arms, how can I help you"?

The guy tells me that the stock was on back order all along (their website didn't say that) and that the Christmas time shipment didn't arrive on time like they expected. He said "well we just so happen to expect it to arrive today finally and we'll send it out to you". Didn't even ask me for my invoice number.

I can handle the cursing...they didn't know I was listening. I curse like a sailor sometimes but I didn't like the feeling that someone tried to get rid of my phone call so they could sit around and say fuck this and fuck that, though. I'm pissed about not telling me about the back order, or their late shipment arrival. I'm pissed that when I call Bonesteel Arms direct, about the product they supposedly make and sell...they have to wait on it to arrive to them. Who's supplying them? Who actually makes this stock? UPDATE: CNC Warrior makes the stock and folding mechanism. Now I have to ponder, will the craftsmanship of this modular stock suffer the same way their customer service does? I'll be sure to do a thorough review of the actual stock once I have it. I will be sending it back at the first hint of trouble and I won't be ordering from them again.
Last edited by ProCroation on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users liked the author ProCroation for the post:
Bobtaylor67
Rating: 12.5%
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Bonesteel Arms Review

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Don't worry I can usually fix some pretty fucked up shit <----Cranky's cussing sailor voice :llama:

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:21 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Don't worry I can usually fix some pretty fucked up shit <----Cranky's cussing sailor voice :llama:
Thankfully so. I just want this thing to hurry up and arrive so I can not deal with them anymore.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:36 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Don't worry I can usually fix some pretty fucked up shit <----Cranky's cussing sailor voice :llama:
Oh and by the way...fuck your llama.

:llama: :D

hahahaha

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Sounds fishy
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Another forum seems to indicate they are slow to ship. Even on "in-stock" items.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Cranky should cuss more often...that was one of the most coherent sentences you have ever typed...lol

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:09 pm

ssracer wrote:
Cranky should cuss more often...that was one of the most coherent sentences you have ever typed...lol
Truer words have never been spoken...haha

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:23 pm

He has cranky juice, of course he should cuss more.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:26 am

Slight update here...

Through some reading online, I have determined that Chris Bonesteel is the name of the owner of that llc business. By all accounts, he's supposed to be a decent guy with great communication skills. Supposedly a small business owner and slightly overwhelmed by purchase orders at times. I can respect that tough task, as I once operated my own auto repair shop. He is also known on the AK Files website as ObieWonBonJovi where he is known to interact with customers and on a few occasions says he is a "one man operation" and that the best times to reach him on the phone is "anytime other than normal business hours". That's a strange circumstance to this former business owner but whatever floats his boat. If he's a one man show, I'm curious to know who all the cursing guys were?

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:21 am

The curse of the retail shop , the owners buddies.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:44 am

He's probably farming out the actual manufacturing, or a major portion of it. If not, there wouldn't be guys sitting around entertaining each other, they'd be working.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:20 pm

kokopelli wrote:He's probably farming out the actual manufacturing, or a major portion of it. If not, there wouldn't be guys sitting around entertaining each other, they'd be working.
Yeah he definitely does. CNC Warrior makes the stock and sends it to him. His name goes on the work though. I just edited my original post to reflect this as well. It was on his website in the product description.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Update:

I emailed Chris on 12/31/14 inquiring if their shipment, had in fact arrived, the day before like they told me they were anticipating. I haven't received a response to that question yet.

I emailed an hour ago, with my invoice number included and asked if my stock had shipped yet or not. Have not received a shipping confirmation still, so probably not. I have my doubts this e-mail will be responded to any time soon.

Anyone think I should kill this order and just go with ACE? I mean...at least with ACE I would KNOW they are out of stock and probably a month wait. Better than having $300 just out there in the dark with no true info on an order status.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Up to you

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:30 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Up to you
I know, I know. Just wish there was an easy button.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 pm

IMHO, I'd tell them to F off.

I'm just that kind of guy though.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Especially since they are just distributing and not manufacturing.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Heck , what the fuck, I can make any dam thing CNC Warrior can do!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:52 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Heck , what the fuck, I can make any dam thing CNC Warrior can do!
For real?

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Marcus wrote:IMHO, I'd tell them to F off.

I'm just that kind of guy though.
I'm giving them till the morning to respond to my email. I just wanted at least one person to tell me I'm not jumping the gun (no pun).

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:16 pm

ProCroation wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:Heck , what the fuck, I can make any dam thing CNC Warrior can do!
For real?

Why not
It just metal and plastic /wood whatever!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Pm me a price please.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:09 pm

ProCroation wrote:Pm me a price please.

Ok I will have to look what you have ordered , but you may get a response form Bonehead Armory.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:21 pm

Probably quicker to get it where you ordered it, cranky seems to be covered up sometimes

Return to “Everything Else”