Motorcycle Mechanics needed in Lou?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Motorcycle Mechanics needed in Lou?

Post by kokopelli » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:37 am

:llama:

The Llama wants to know...

I'm eligible for Ky Voc Rehab services as well as the city's worthless Worker's Comp is on the hook for a year of 're-employment education'. What that means is since I was hurt on-duty and forced to take a disability early retirement from the PD, and since I can't go back to doing anything related to my previous career- I can get some school paid for towards starting a new career.

I have mechanic'ing in my blood- Dad has been an auto mechanic his whole life, I inherited the gene; I work on all my own cars, and I love bikes- have owned/worked on several over the years. Last year I built a bobber from a '73 ironhead Harley in my garage- had to sell it to pay bills a few months ago...

Anyway, I was looking into the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute- It's a year long program.
I've been scouring the 'net about motorcycle mechanics jobs locally and came up with zip.
I'm going to stop into a few of the dealerships and shops next week and ask around, but was wondering if anyone had any insight?

I've applied to a couple dozen jobs that utilize my experience as an investigator with no luck, so I need to start looking at other options...

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Motorcycle Mechanics needed in Lou?

Post by Till » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:43 am

I know someone who went through that *insitute* he said it was a decent place but overly priced.

I have no idea just passing the word

I know Harley mehcanics get paid bank when they're on OT
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

Return to “Everything Else”