who knows microscopes?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

who knows microscopes?

Post by CCRBUM » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Ok so I remembered I had an old microscope in my basement and was curious about it... got my a while back "used", as a christmas present I think.. I used it once or twice and then forgot... so anyways It's a leitz wetzlar microscope... has 2 10x periplan eye pieces, the base of that says 1.25x... leases are 10/0.25 , 3.5/0.10, 100/1.30, 40/0.65 EVERYTHING says leitz wetzlar on it... It has a power supply and light that work. I dusted stuff off and played with it a little.. has a fruit fly slide that was fun to look at... my kids though it was awesome! Serial number on the base is 678782...

So what do I have? is it valuable? if so how much? I'm not a science guy... I build things and put fires out lol...

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: who knows microscopes?

Post by kokopelli » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm

No one, I guess!!

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:15 pm

I will have my mover come over for the pick up once you give the details to my secretary.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:41 pm

I suspect it may not have much value at all unless it's become a collectible. From what I have seen microscopes have gone to the digital world. Without a USB connection I don't think it would be all that popular. This is based totally on theory and no actual fact or knowledge. Just my thoughts.

Return to “Everything Else”