Finally got a reply e-mail from GE

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Finally got a reply e-mail from GE

Post by kokopelli » Wed May 16, 2012 12:38 pm

WLJ wrote:What makes this even worst is that I been told some won't hire me because I've unemployed for so long, so in other words I need a fucking job before I can have a job. It's a fucking catch-22.
Yep. The voc- rehab counselor told me this right off the bat.
Seems I hit the tri- fecta of 'un- hireable' as employers DON'T want veterans or anyone retired, no matter that I'm only 41.
I always thought being a veteran was a plus; she recommended I take it off my resume, as 80% + of employers say they will hire a non vet over a vet.
Kiss my ass.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed May 16, 2012 2:45 pm

E-mailed GE back about the fact that testing sessions won't come up and they replied that all sessions are full. WTF, I just got the e-mail! WTF? you e-mail me that I've been accepted for testing then tell me there were no slot open for me in the first place????????????

Remind me to never buy GE anything again, anyone want to buy a GE washer?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Maybe take the washer to the range.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]xuO7obkxc9c[/youtube]

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 pm

I already was pissed off when I got it home and it said "Made in China" on a hidden tag.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Finally got a reply e-mail from GE

Post by 86 slo-vo » Wed May 16, 2012 5:47 pm

GE pissed off a lot of people around here a year or two ago in Evansville IN, just up and locked the doors and moved production to Mexico.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Shineybore » Wed May 16, 2012 6:21 pm

I know a guy 48 years old unemployed got the same e-mail and got the option of testing Mon, Tues, or Thurs. He got a spot on Thurs. Could be a timing thing like the application process was. Openings till all are filled. First come first served deal. Idk.
I wouldn't get too pissed off yet. I posted before they are going to hire lots of people. I bet over half the people testing won't pass the drug test.

Hell, if I boycotted all the places I applied I wouldn't own much or even be able to wipe my ass. That's right, I applied for a job making shit paper. I even have a background in the papermill industry in engineering.

Our economy is in the shitter, manufacturing has almost left America. Americans and politicians are to blame for this. Look at all the manufacturing jobs we had in the U.S just 30 years ago and look today. We chose politicians that gave away jobs here to export them in other countries. Then we as Americans chose to buy these imported goods at a lower cost. Fully supporting the demise of American jobs. Now it's very hard to find much made 100% in America. Components come from other countries and materials that used to be made right here. This is just the start. Our children are going to have this burden placed hard on their shoulders.
We've become a nation much like a credit card society, buy now pay later. That's exactly what has happened. We bought it, voted for it, supported it and now look we're paying for it.

Kokopelli is right, studies have been done confirming that employers don't want to hire unemployed people.

WLJ, I wish I could help you. I just hang out with a few line workers at GE and one engineer. None have the authority do hire someone. I wish you luck with GE, just hang in there and give it a little more time. Jobs are coming to Appliance Park.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Got another e-mail and I guess enough people complained cause they opened up some more slots, got one this time.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks

And the GE washer is in one piece. ;)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Just sat down after leaving the test and within two hours of leaving the testing center there was an e-mail for an invite for an interview.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 pm

That was quick, hopefully that means they liked my test results.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Good luck man!!!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Something that surprised me or maybe it didn't is that a number of people showed up for the testing with no paperwork what so ever. The e-mail clearly stated bring your paperwork or you would be turned away and that would be the end of it for you.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Good Deal WLJ.

Good luck wishes sent!
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks everyone. Maybe the drought is over.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm

We want to thank you for taking the time to apply with GE – Appliances & Lighting.

After careful evaluation of your background, qualifications and interests, we regret that we are unable to offer you the position with our business. However, GE is comprised of many diverse businesses, all looking for people with the potential to make it to the top of their chosen field.

Again, on behalf of General Electric may we extend our sincerest appreciation for your consideration and interest in our business and wish you best of luck in your continued job search.

Sincerely,

Employee Services
Appliance Park, Louisville, KY

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 pm

So exactly what "background, qualifications and interests" do they want to turn screws on a dishwasher?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 pm

So they think I can't even do that.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Which way do you turn a screw to tighten it? I keep forgetting.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 pm

I don't even qualify for a simple brainless assembly job. Maybe I'm over qualified in the brainless dept.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

over 3 years now without any meaningful work

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I hate life

I can't even look my daughter in the eye anymore.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 pm

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by nemo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm

I have a electronics degree and 20 years bench tech experience (my job field is DEAD), I sell car parts now. The jobs market sucks!
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

theduke282

Post by theduke282 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm

What kinds of jobs are you looking for? I can keep an ear out as I work near the industrial park in Jtown.

Return to “Everything Else”