2015 Hunting Thread!

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

2015 Hunting Thread!

Post by Rem700 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:19 am

What did you harvest this year?

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: 2015 Hunting Thread!

Post by Rem700 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 am

Was supposed to hunt all weekend but kinda burst my own bubble on opening day. Get In ground blind about 6:15. First light about 6:45. I can hear movement close by but don't see anything. Catch a glimpse of a doe over the ridge to my left and then nothing again for over an hour. See a doe coming up the path directly in front of me. Decide to wait and watch. She meanders along slowly for about 4-5 minutes. I have t seen or heard anything following her so I decide to take her. By this point she is only 25 yds from my ground blind. I shot and she dropped dead. I didn't have a broadside shot so I ended up getting her In the heart from straight on. No exit wound. I wait a few minutes after she fell just to see if I rustled up a thing else. Nothing so I step out of my blind and head back down the path I came in on and circled back to her. I take a peak and she is a good sized young doe. Good eating for sure. I decide I am going to go scout the area I have been watching all morning. It's about 9 now. I walk up the path to my left that I caught sight of the doe on earlier. Start down it slowly. I see movement so I stop and raise my rifle. 9 pt buck running right at me!!!! He is trucking along looking for some ass. Instead he found lead! He stopped 25 yds away and looked dead at me. Boom another heart shot and he dropped like a rock! I couldn't believe he would be so hung up on getting some ass that he would run toward the shot I had just taken and I had just taken a piss and was walking around the damn woods! The rut clouds their minds for sure lol. So my hunting weekend was all packed into about 3 hours on ole ring morning! I could have stayed and got another doe or 2 but after capeing the buck and cleaning both for meat I was satisfied. Hunting partner never saw a thing and was really only their so I could hunt. He was ecstatic for me and said he couldn't believe how it went down. That's one for the books for sure! Wish it had lastedonger and now that I'm home I kinda wish I had stayed for another morning but oh well I got what I came for and have a cool story to boot! If I can steal away another day I may head out for another doe this season. We shall see.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:47 am

Nice buck!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Now I realize what was the magic factor......Empire beanie!

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Took my friend's mom out to sight in her rifle and get her shooting something that resembles a grouping on Thursday. She shot this doe today.

Rifle: Savage .243 win

Distance: 60 yards

Deer ran about ten feet and dropped from the double lung shot.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Height Supremacist

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Tyler wrote:Took my friend's mom out to sight in her rifle and get her shooting something that resembles a grouping on Thursday. She shot this doe today.

Rifle: Savage .243 win

Distance: 60 yards

Deer ran about ten feet and dropped from the double lung shot.
You must be a great friend.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Trip to Knott Co. was a complete bust. Was supposed to be there until Tuesday, but when I went out to the spot I've been hunting for the last 4-5 years, the tree stand was gone. FIL's stand was also made unusable because his ladder was gone. We took an old ladder stand up to his spot and put it up later in the day on Friday. I knew we were screwed at that point. I walked out to another spot I used to hunt and ran across what I think was another hunter. The property is owned by a gas company, so it's kind of every man for himself. Not certain if there was someone in the old spot, but I didn't stick around to find out. Headed back to the very first spot I hunted down there 10 years ago, or so. Nothing moving. No shooting. Tried a ground hunt this morning back in the area of the missing stand. Rigged up a make-shift blind with a camo umbrella that normally goes on a tree above you. Propped it up with a couple branches and covered as much of the spot as I could with twigs and whatnot. Sat there for about 4-5 hours and said screw it. Packed up my stuff and headed home this afternoon. Was going to go down again for late muzzle loader, but doubt if I will now. FIL suspects his brother-in-law is the culprit who removed all the stands. There was also a third stand missing. FIL is in the middle of a family feud with his wife's brother. Long story. Anyhow, might be done hunting this year. Really need to figure out acquiring my own land, sooner, rather than later.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by irishrob » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Almost ran over a 12 point buck on Hazelwood. He was headed across some yards & turned into the Iroquois golf course.

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Geno » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:19 pm

My son shot a 6 point buck. In other thread. I just heard from my brother in law shot a 12 point in Trigg county. Best of luck and be safe all.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by bigelowe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:26 pm

I lost my hunting property privaledges a couple years ago, when land onwner got remarried. His wife liked watching the wildlife come down out of the woods into the fields. I sometimes tag along with friends, but that hasnt happened the last couple of years. We need KAC hunting property. Envious of all of you that get to partake in such a great tradition. Those are some nice looking deer.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

Bama
Has liked: 0

Post by Bama » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Had 9 doe in my backyard this evening. One had a nasty limp.
Would y'all have put it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:36 pm

If it looked really bad, to the point that with a quick judgement call I thought it would be permanently debilitating, I'd have put it down if I saw it in the yard. If I was hunting and out to get a deer anyway, that's the one I'd have picked from the group.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:42 pm

It was pretty bad limp. Couldn't see blood or a wound. The other ran off and she had a hard time keepin up. This group frequents our yard, and I haven't seen one limping yet. If it comes back, I may take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Double tapped an opossum with two michelins on my way home tonight
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Congrats on the harvested deer.

I rarely deer hunt anymore.... but my homie took a really nice buck this morning... Only bragging I get to do lol

11 pointer weighed 200+
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Rem700 wrote:Now I realize what was the magic factor......Empire beanie!

Nice
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Nothing special but I shot this on 8 November archery hunting
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 pm

I don't hunt deer, as the processing/butchering is more work than I want to deal with.

But here's my daughter last weekend:

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:21 am

Shot this one with a 5.56 round after it was hit by a car on Hurstbourne Parkway tonight.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
:llama:

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:56 am

uploadfromtaptalk1447664139554.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1447664130838.jpg
My middle brother nailed this buck Saturday
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:57 am

uploadfromtaptalk1447664204831.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1447664191310.jpg
A friend of the family got this off the taylorsville wma last weekend with a bow.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:01 am

Police euthanized a large doe on the entry road to my work last night. She was struck by a coworkers car who immediately called me to collect it. Got there and she was alive but immobile. City limits so I couldn't discharge my carry weapon. Called dispatch instead and the police put her down shortly after. They even helped me load her up to take home.

MoMan

Post by MoMan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:45 am

WOW! Congrats to all the successful hunters There are some nice deer here, and a nice squirrel too!
I'm not hunting this year, next year I will be out because I will understand the land a little more.
MO

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 pm

image.jpeg
Still waiting on a buck, but got a Turkey with my bow last Friday.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Got a young 4pt buck at first light in Grant county. Three points on one side, spike on the other.

.223 Remington, Barnes 55gr VOR-TX (all-copper hollow point) fired from an estimated 60 yards. It entered mid neck right side, broke the neck, severed blood vessels, and exited mid neck left side. Very small entrance wound, a bit bigger than twice the diameter exit wound, and all sorts of jellied flesh in between. He didn't move an inch in any direction but down.

This makes three taken with a 14.5in AR-15 and Barnes VOR-TX. One double lung behind the shoulder ran probably 150 yards, one double lung and shoulder dropped immediately, and this one. I like the neck shot a lot when it's available.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “Everything Else”