It's Ham Radio Field Day

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 76 times

It's Ham Radio Field Day

Post by KYgundude » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Once a year, the Amateur Radio Relay league holds a national emergency readiness exercise. Ham radio clubs setup outdoor, off the grid powered radio stations and make test communications across the country. They try and attract local personalities and authorities, eat good food, welcome guests and have a good time. They want you to visit and learn about radio. In fact, they get points if you even show up and sign the guest book. They also have a radio station called the "GOTA" ( Get On The Air ) setup just for people new to the hobby to actually talk on and make contacts across the country. There is someone there to help/show you and they get points if you do it ( Points are for a big contest for bragging rights ). No one will pressure you to talk on the radio. Only offer. They want to chat with you, show you around etc. Just walk up and say HI

When?: 2PM today(6/28) - 2PM tomorrow
Where: 3 locations locally

Cherokee Park. Can't tell you where as I don't know the park. I just drive around until I find the big pavilion on top of the hill and see a bunch of antennas. Hosted by ARTS (Amateur Radio Transmitting Society of Louisville ) Club.

Pioneer Village City Hall off Preston highway. Turn right at 84 Lumber( If coming from 265 ) and it's just past the mini storage place. Hosted by BARS ( Bullitt Amateur Radio Society ) Club.

Garry E Caven Park ( Formerly Edwardsville Park ) on Corydon Ridge Road in Georgetown, IN. Go into the park and turn left where it T's. Lot is like 100-200 yards up on left. They are in the Pavilion. CCARC ( Clark County Amateur Radio Club ).

Now go get your ham on!!

Return to “Everything Else”