Murica

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Murica

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Due to the current fiscal challenges, the Secretary of the Army has approved the suspension of Tuition Assistance effective Friday, March 8, at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. This suspension applies to all components and will remain in effect until the fiscal situation matures.

Those who are currently enrolled in classes are covered by the tuitition assistance.

After the effective date, Soldiers will no longer be permitted to submit new requests for Tuition Assistance through the GoArmyEd portal. Soldiers currently enrolled and participating in courses approved for tuition assistance are not affected and will be allowed to complete current course(s) enrollment.

Bama

Re: Murica

Post by Bama » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Now that blows donkey dick
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 pm

It's OK dave, we just gave a bunch of money to Egypt...you can feel good about that....

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 pm

ssracer wrote:It's OK dave, we just gave a bunch of money to Egypt...you can feel good about that....
Can't have them going without can we?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Had this happen during the big draw down under Clinton too. Not sure it even lasted a year. Probably happens more often and i just did not know about it because I was not using it.

Can you use your GI Bill? I could at that time. Sucked to have to dip in to it, but I need to keep on schooling at the time.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 am

Yes, GI Bill money has not been affected, only TA. So, yes, I will be starting to use my GI Bill money coming up.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:29 am

ssracer wrote:It's OK dave, we just gave a bunch of money to Egypt...you can feel good about that....
Yea--long as Egyptian people is happy and full payment of food stamps get paid out to the under privileged it is all good--defending your country does not qualify for gubment monay :llama:
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:39 am

A bit of warning :
Usually in your contract, you will have to read it close, if you start in on your GI Bill you will no longer be eligible to use TA ever again.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 am

Happened to me.
Wished I had depleted all TA before starting GI.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:27 pm

To all Politicians: A word of warning.....Do not bite the hand that protects your pansy ass!

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:45 pm

scorpionmain wrote:A bit of warning :
Usually in your contract, you will have to read it close, if you start in on your GI Bill you will no longer be eligible to use TA ever again.
will look into that, but have also had soldier use both at once to cover their classes and books when needed

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Might have been the way mine was wrote.
–Samuel Adams

Return to “Veteran Affairs”