Its going to get bad

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Its going to get bad

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 am

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2013/02/06/army- ... 570&rank=3

– Only deploying units in Afghanistan, Korea and the division ready brigade will be allowed to conduct readiness training. All other units will conduct collective small unit training in first part of fiscal 2014. That means 78 percent of non-deploying brigade combat teams will be ill-prepared for future contingency operations.

– Interrupts timeline for pulling vehicles and equipment out of Afghanistan and delays reset of $20 billion in post war equipment needed for future operations.

– No new depot maintenance orders issued beyond January. This could affect units in Alaska, Georgia, Hawaii, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisiana, New York and North Carolina and delay the repair and reset of 1,300 tactical vehicles, 14,000 radios and 17,000 weapons.

– 250,000 Army civilians would be furloughed for up to 22 days.

– 5,000 contract, temporary and term employees would be released.

– 21 of the Army’s 26 major acquisition priorities could incur significant Nunn-McCurdy breaches, affecting 300 contractors and 1000 suppliers in 40 states.

– $2.5 billion worth of contractor logistics support would be unfunded, impacting counter improvised explosive device operations, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance and aviation operations.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Its going to get bad

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:27 am

Hope and Change.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 am

Obammaville spreading into military
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Its going to get bad

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:06 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:Hope and Change.
Yep

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

That's cool, I guess I'll just start using all my personal kit and training on my own time...Since apparently the needs of all of our service men and women are no longer important.0

LCPL_NBREW

Post by LCPL_NBREW » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:53 pm

damn sound like my units going to be going out in the tree line and yelling bang bang at each other more then we already do
FOR OUR SINS

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 pm

LCPL_NBREW wrote:damn sound like my units going to be going out in the tree line and yelling bang bang at each other more then we already do
Don't feel too bad, the majority of our work-up was 'notional'. ECP's and VCP's constructed of stakes and engineer's tape. MOUT training using 2x4's laid out like rooms of a building. America, FUCK YEA
Height Supremacist

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Its going to get bad

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:That's cool, I guess I'll just start using all my personal kit and training on my own time...Since apparently the needs of all of our service men and women are no longer important.0
We don't need good soldiers since China and The UN will be our new masters if he keeps control of the reigns.

LCPL_NBREW

Post by LCPL_NBREW » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Tyler wrote:
LCPL_NBREW wrote:damn sound like my units going to be going out in the tree line and yelling bang bang at each other more then we already do
Don't feel too bad, the majority of our work-up was 'notional'. ECP's and VCP's constructed of stakes and engineer's tape. MOUT training using 2x4's laid out like rooms of a building. America, FUCK YEA
yea that sounds about like what were doing now. Last week out MOUT training room was made out of reflective belt and traffic cones. And when we did get blank we had to spread load them so rifleman got 10 rounds and SAW gunners got 15 rounds.
FOR OUR SINS

Return to “Veteran Affairs”