Homeless Veteran Project

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Homeless Veteran Project

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

I hope I can post this here.

So for my last presentation I have chosen the topic of homelessness among our brothers and sisters.

Tonight I was given the green light by authorities to do interviews at a few shelters, outreach kitchens and in-patient facility that helps Veterans back on their feet with a place to stay, rehab if need be. These interviews will be starting tomorrow. I'll be speaking with staff, volunteers and the men and women that want to tell their stories. I need help with formulating questions, I was not expecting such a quick turn around for the permission. Please help me with some compelling ideas.

This has not been confirmed, but I was told today I may be getting a few minutes of Rep. Yarmouth's time to discuss this.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Homeless Veteran Project

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Well, it first started out as my final project for my creative argument class. It has morphed into an actual full blown lecture with people Hearing about this and wanting to attend, so my professor has scheduled a small hall for the day of presentation. Also, talking to the Veteran's liaison for Yarmouth, I might be able to show him, or interview for a few minutes. Either way, I'm going to be discussing a topic that hits very close to home for me, and showing what happens to our unwanted.

Basically this is for a grade, but now has taken on a new different life.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:47 am

If you get the opportunity, please give Yarmouth a swift kick in the pants.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 am

scorpionmain wrote:If you get the opportunity, please give Yarmouth a swift kick in the pants.
Exactly, right in the crotch. douchebag

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Haha!! I'll see what I can do.

So far today has gone well, I've spoken with a few people that really opened up to me. I have told them all I can do right now is give then an open ear and actually speak to them as a human, instead of some statistic nobody wants to look at.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 am

So after many interviews and receiving organizations information and statistics, it is very eye opening to say the least.

Return to “Veteran Affairs”